It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Arizona, 'Los Samaritanos' leave water and food on trails used by immigrants

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
jam the only person or entity you need to depend on anything for is yourself.

your the only one you can truly ever count on ever thats the simpliest truth in the universe and the next.

self reliance my freind. self reliance.

when those people talk about taking back america its means this.

those early pioneers how did they survive? was there a government there?
did they buy them cloths put food on thier table build their houses?

every war this country has ever fought ? did they sit back and say oh # someone save us? or did the make the tough choices and do what they had to?

if you want to make in this world we all have to get off our asses and do the things that make are lives better. and not sit back and wait for anyone else to do anything for us.

link   
The act of illegally entering the US is a misdemeanor. But, in order to truly make it here, the illegals have to obtain fake or STOLEN identification. That is a felony. Every time that stolen identification is used, it's another felony. Felony after felony after felony is committed.

Stolen SSN's are used to get on a payroll, to get other forms of identification like a driver's license, to obtain cars, credit cards, loans, etc..

But that's ok right, because the illegal's ancestor may have once roamed the region that we now call USA? It's ok for them to commit crimes.
I see your points. Very well thought out.
My ancestor used to live on the property you now own. I'm coming over and helping myself to whatever is in the fridge, medicine cabinet, and strongbox. If i decide to stay, you'll have to leave. I'm just borrowing your logic after all.

link   

Originally posted by jam321
Does national survival even exist anymore? These days of globalization only points to the unification of countries in following the example of the European Union.

You have a point, there. Perhaps we should just go ahead and cede the US to Mexico, admit that the American Experiment has failed, and have done with it. I'm sure the Mexican government, and the drug cartels, couldn't do much worse than what we've had for the past 20 years or so.

Does the evidence really suggest that another culture is taking over? I don't think so. Usually by the time the second and third generation comes around, they are pretty much Americans.

I think what you are pointing out is what the businesses are doing. The businesses are the ones setting up bilingual positions and signs.The businesses are the ones deciding who they want to cater to. On top of that, our government is the one who insists on making life easier by translating everything into different languages.

I'm not sure where you live, Jam, so there may be an island of normality around you. I hope so, I really do. Around here, yes, the alien culture is taking over, and it's not just the businesses.

This ain't the 'southwest', either.

I shop at a local bodega, run by Mexicans (legal, good on 'em!). There's not any discernible difference between it and the 'regular' stores - except the way the pricing changes, both up and down, depending on how the owner feels that day.

'Salsa' is supplanting rap as the predominant boom-box annoyance. Not that I care all that much about which of those assails me - I don't particularly like either.

I used to translate for the Spanish speakers at work, since they refused to learn English, but I don't do that any more. Now, I just keep saying "que?", as if that's the only Spanish I know, until they get the idea.

I say "que?" a LOT now.

No, it's not just the businesses, although I agree they are sorely complicit in the matter, enabling this sort of nonsense.

I'd call it "aiding and abetting in the commission of a crime"

If this crime was classified as a felony, I would agree with you. But as a misdemeanor, I have a hard time buying that.

True enough. I agree, the penalties are not nearly severe enough, and there must be some reason for that. I suppose I should just brush up on my Spanish, lay back, and accept the inevitable. Who knows, if I'm a "good enough" native, maybe I can get first choice of my place on the NEXT reservation!

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I agree with this. But tell me how can one be self reliant, when a ton of restrictions are placed on what I can and can't do within my own property.

Furthermore, our government has grown a dependent nation. Just check how many depend on the government for everyday survival.

I agree that the issue of immigration has to be addressed, but I think many are looking at the wrong end for the solution.

You could deport all the illegals today and you would still have the same laws in place that will benefit the next wave.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
When a person breaks our laws, if caught they are punished.
If some person helps them break those laws, they are punished.
You tell me what is the different if their skin is brown, and called an immigrant.
They are no such thing, for an immigrant is a person who: waits
their turn, fills out the proper paperwork, and only then enters
our country with expectations of becoming new welcomed citizens
of the United Sates of America.

If a person aids in such illegal entry into "We the Peoples" country,
then such persons should serve the same court appointed sentence as
the person entering the country by stealth and deceit.

No "We the People" do not want or condone, the unfortunate death
of those that yearn for the freedoms my daughter and proud Marine,
nearly died defending.
Yet, no matter what we personally may think of the need to provide
such humanitarian aid, such well meaning citizen doth provide. There has come a point in our history, where the good of the nation, must take president over the welfare of who's, illegal entry into our nation, undermines, as well as damages our once robust economy.

Unfortunately, this is the situation we find our country in these days, some times it is important to look after number one, and in this instance the hard truth is. Number one happens to be the legal citizens of the United States of America.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Wouldnt this make them accessories to crossing the border illegally? So...teachincally, isn't this illegal?

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by neo96

I agree with this. But tell me how can one be self reliant, when a ton of restrictions are placed on what I can and can't do within my own property.

Furthermore, our government has grown a dependent nation. Just check how many depend on the government for everyday survival.

I agree that the issue of immigration has to be addressed, but I think many are looking at the wrong end for the solution.

You could deport all the illegals today and you would still have the same laws in place that will benefit the next wave.

i cant tell you how to be more self reliant without knowing more about your current situation.

what are they tell you you cant do on your property? local or fed?

not arguing the over dependence

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doubleagent
Wouldnt this make them accessories to crossing the border illegally? So...teachincally, isn't this illegal?

The answer is yes. Being illegal in the US carries no jail time and no real fine to speak of so you catch them and?

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Perhaps we should just go ahead and cede the US to Mexico, admit that the American Experiment has failed, and have done with it. I'm sure the Mexican government, and the drug cartels, couldn't do much worse than what we've had for the past 20 years or so.

No, US won't cede to Mexico. But Mexico is changing. Currently their legal system is changing to that of the US. As for the cartels, it wasn't an overnight success. One has to wonder why the US allowed them to get so powerful. After all, the US is the number one supporter of the war going on in Mexico.

I'm not sure where you live, Jam, so there may be an island of normality around you. I hope so, I really do. Around here, yes, the alien culture is taking over, and it's not just the businesses.

My town is the same. Has Spanish all over town. But it is all about the money. I see businesses that will hire one bilingual person just to attract more Hispanics. Then I will see an Hispanic person who speaks English go in and talk Spanish. Guess they think they will get a better deal.

However, it is all about the dollar. Furthermore, some people are unaware that many legal residents that are allowed into the US don't speak English. I have an Uncle who has been a resident for 30 years and know very little English. It isn't required unless they go for their citizenship and even then it is limited English.

I teach English as a Second Language and I use "que" a lot also.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doubleagent

I guess you could get them for littering, but then I wonder if just leaving food/water is all that they are involved with in dealing with illegals...

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by UndergroundMilitia

So, we're basing our behavior on how Mexico acts now? Should we start beating our women if they don't cover up properly in public because some people in other countries do that?

No, but it goes to show you what we have to lose once our culture is so diluted by those that have come here with no desire to become enculturated into the American society. Their cultures will be incorporated in to ours, the good and the bad. Life in the United States will continue to change and I believe not for the good.

Most illegals work a low wages, keeping starting wages artificially low for all citizens and legal immigrants. Without 12-20 million illegals in the workplace, wages should rise due to less people in the workplace. On top of that, many of the wages earned by illegals are completely removed from our economy and shipped to Mexico, or where ever. At least when our government spends a dollar domestically, we get 1 turn on the buck. When it goes out of the country, we get nada. Yep, keep 'em coming!!!

And as far as "we stole it from the natives", I don't care where you originally came from, but your homeland, over the last 1000 years, has been invaded many times over by many hoards of immigrant armies decimating the male populations and inseminating the indigenous females. So no matter where you came from, your ancestors experienced the same as the "natives" here in North America at one time in your history.

As I told my Italian ex-wife, there is no such thing as a pure Italian, because over the last 2000 years, everybody and his brother had been through Rome and got a "little". Give us another 10 years of unregulated illegal immigration and the US may look like Rome.

Take one look at Los Angeles. We're already there!! Lost, loony and bankrupt. I've lived here since 1953 and have seen it turn from a garden paradise to the hell hole of the west coast. It's a crying shame, and if we don't do something about unregulated illegal immigration soon, it's just a matter of time until it reaches your neighborhood.

When what is left of the America we grew up it in is gone, there will be no getting it back. Think about it as you support those that are "aiding and abetting".

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
Yeah.. they should be allowed to die in the desert.

They are Lawbreakers. This girl is not helping them to survive so they can be brought safely to prison then deported. If that were the case, the border patrol would be doing this also.

These people knew the risks they took when they left Mexico. If they did not prepare for the journey coupled with their choice to undertake this very stupid and illegal act, they deserve what happens to them. Perhaps more illegals would think twice.

These people are helping others break the law and they are wrong for that. They should all be locked up and prosecuted.

It is unfortunate that some of these people die. But they made their bed, they have to lie in it.

I sometimes have hope for humanity.

And then I read a post like this...and see 41 other people agree with it by giving it a star.

So sad.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Maybe it's just me but perhaps if these people wanted to help the Mexicans so badly they could offer legal assistance, English classes, US History Classes, and free copies of the US Constitution and help the migrate into the US the legal way.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
If they came into this country legally and became citizens, they'd have to take the Oath of Allegiance.
They'd be bound to be against illegal immigrants if they swore this oath.

The current oath is as follows:

I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen; that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform noncombatant service in the Armed Forces of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law; and that I take this obligation freely without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God.

Oath of Allegiance (United States of America)

[edit on 6-6-2010 by primus2012]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
They are only coming here for the same reasons our ancestors came here, better jobs and hopefully for a better life...

Hmmm....funny. You know, my family came here from Wales. They had to pass thru Ellis Island and LEGALLY apply to be citizens of this country.

Illegal Aliens crossing the border down south are saying, "F**k the US and their laws; we're doing it OUR way!"

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
I have family in Green Valley, and one day a group of illegals wandered into their yard and asked for water. They were desperately thirsty. He (male relative) let them drink from the hose, then gave them a bit of a head start, then called Border Patrol. He has BP on speed dial in his cell phone. He also wears a sidearm because they move through that area at every hour in the day.

I probably would have done the same thing. I wouldn't deny someone water if they've been out in the desert for who knows how long, but once you've topped off, you're going to have Border Patrol on your ass.

I would do almost the same thing, except why give them a head start? I'd give them all the water then can drink and maybe some food too, but I'd be calling border patrol right away. This way you can give humanitarian aid but also comply with the law by notifying authorities immediately.

Originally posted by babybunnies
Oh, and there's a VERY big difference between someone ASKING a residence or business for water and water being left for these people on the trails.

I agree and I don't understand why some people can't see where to draw the line. If people walking along those trails need humanitarian aid, then it should be border patrol rendering the aid. And if people know of people needing humanitarian aid that aren't getting it, they should be calling border patrol to render the aid. So the people who need the aid should get it, but they should get it from border patrol.

What I meant by "head start" is that he waited until they walked out of the yard so there was no confrontation. There isn't a lot of cover for them out there and BP uses choppers with IR and all kinds of tech to catch them. Their house is near GV and somewhat remote so seeing BP rounding up a group illegals along side the road is quite common. I see more Border Patrol vehicles than police vehicles when I'm in that area.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
There are some really good posts on this thread thanks for the replies.

There are a great many disturbing posts as well.

I find it interesting that these people are not talked about as people. They are the illegals!!! OMG

I think its a nice example of brainwashing on a grand scale.

Many of our cities don't have the populations they once supported because of urban sprawl yet many argue here that we don't have room for them.

I find it interesting that its moral to obey and support immoral laws.

I find it interesting the fear the msm has created, not all illegal immigrants that come here are criminals. As in all populations a percentage will be, but since we label them as illegals once they set foot over that border they are all just as dangerous as the murderers and rapist that are among them.

Every time they purchase something including a western union money wire back to Mexico is Taxed. I bet the percentage that work cash jobs are low[not including agriculture jobs], considering the IRS and big brother wants its money to continue, upgrade, and enhance its control over wealth and people.

Its just another fear issue, to divide us.

I think we should let anyone that comes to our door in, as long as they pass a quick background check. We don't do this so we have a self created problem.

If your neighbor knocked on your door would you let them in?

[edit on 6-6-2010 by LDragonFire]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

People like ask what is wrong with society, but because you have an issue with a certain populationt hey should be allowed to die a horrible death.

So much for family values.

By your logic we should exterminate everyone in jail right now.

I am not crazy aobut the illegal immigration problem, but I am not wishing a horrible death on anybody.

First off, a lot of these people don't know what they are getting into. Coyotes are the worst scum of them all. They give them wrong directions, or they tell them it is only a day hike when it is four.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

I doubt anyone is riskin life and limb to border cross for a bottle of water. Even Mexico has that.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
Originally posted by The_Reaper_Angel
My question is why aren't these people that are leaving food and water on the trails illegal's use been charged with treason.

They are taking THEIR food and water (it belongs to them) and putting it in the desert. There's nothing illegal about that. There are no previous arrangements made. They don't know if anyone will use the food and water left there. I think it would be VERY hard to prosecute this, if someone decided to do so.

Originally posted by neo96
my bad for thinking since i live in america everything should be in english i mean my god im sorry for my "stupidity"
e pluribus unum my friend.

After a rant about how everything should be in English, you throw out a Latin phrase? Do you see the irony?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join