It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Arizona, 'Los Samaritanos' leave water and food on trails used by immigrants

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+31 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

GREEN VALLEY, ARIZ. -- "Somos amigos," called Shura Wallin, ducking low into the shade beneath the highway overpass. "We're friends," she said again in Spanish, calling out to anyone who might be hiding. "Don't be afraid."

At a time when state and federal governments are focused on tightening the border to keep out immigrants who cross illegally from Mexico, Wallin and her colleagues help people who make the trip. They leave water and food along well-known foot trails. They distribute maps showing the water sites and search for trekking migrants. Sometimes, they find dead bodies

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

In Arizona, 'Los Samaritanos' leave water and food on trails used by immigrants

I couldn't get the breaking news to work but this may be more of a political issue anyway.

I applaud these peoples efforts, just because they are illegal immigrants doesn't mean they should be allowed to die in the desert. They are only coming here for the same reasons our ancestors came here, better jobs and hopefully for a better life...

[edit on 5-6-2010 by LDragonFire]

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Agreed, even if you disagree with illegal immigration, at the end of the day these are people just like yourself and they deserve to live a full life and not die just trying to make money for their families.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I agree! Good karma there - they're not influencing anyone's decision to come here, just helping them survive a tough trip they made by choice.

+43 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Yeah.. they should be allowed to die in the desert.

They are Lawbreakers. This girl is not helping them to survive so they can be brought safely to prison then deported. If that were the case, the border patrol would be doing this also.

These people knew the risks they took when they left Mexico. If they did not prepare for the journey coupled with their choice to undertake this very stupid and illegal act, they deserve what happens to them. Perhaps more illegals would think twice.

These people are helping others break the law and they are wrong for that. They should all be locked up and prosecuted.

It is unfortunate that some of these people die. But they made their bed, they have to lie in it.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Yeah, in some places where I live there's even signs suggesting to leave water if possible. Signs made just like "Construction Ahead" and whatnot.

And its the right thing todo if you ask me. Little do the people know, by leaving 1 bottle of water, they are saving lives.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
The actions that these people are noble, and are to help those in need, but at the same time, they are part of the problem of the illegale immigration. The reason is they stock areas with water and food, and thus word gets out and illegale immigrants know where to go and where to get refuge, and that does not help at all. It perpeptuates the problem and encourages those to cross illegally, and to make a dangerous journy, risking life and limb. They need to be telling those who are illegale to send the message home, not to do such and to cross legally, rather than take this kind of risk. There is one other thing, and let me ask you this, if a person stood by and watched another committ a crime then assisted them in their escape are they guilty? Under the current laws, the answer is yes, and taking that view, people who are doing stuff like this, are aiding and assisting, knowing that the people crossing the border illegally, break the law and therefore should be punished for their actions. It may seem a bit harsh, but the illegale immigration and border security needs to be tackles on different fronts. Cut off the aid and secure the border, and it should stem the flow of illegale immigrants coming into the country.

+15 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oozii
Yeah, in some places where I live there's even signs suggesting to leave water if possible. Signs made just like "Construction Ahead" and whatnot.

And its the right thing todo if you ask me. Little do the people know, by leaving 1 bottle of water, they are saving lives.

By leaving one bottle of water you are encouraging and condoning illegal activity.

I suppose next you'll want to set up a free McDonalds and say, " Come on in, taste American Freedom"

Let me tell you something.

If you have a really bad cockroach problem in your home, and you don't want them there, you Do Not Feed Them !

( I'm not calling illegal Mexicans cockroaches, just using an analogy.)

[edit on 5-6-2010 by JohnPhoenix]

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Im not encouraging it, just being human. Sorry if I dont agree with your "Yeah.. they should be allowed to die in the desert." Opinion.

But that doesnt seem the thing to do.

Im not right and im not wrong. But I wont change the views I have.

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by bommer09

Than why can't they come here LEGALLY like MILLIONS of other immigrants? It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

I agree with you 100% brother. These people should be arrested for treason and accomplices to crimes.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

To me, she is a hero! To help those in need and that are seeking a brighter future from poverty and despair is truly what humanity should be about. Its time to stop being selfish and help one another not condemn them and send them somewhere else. After all this country was founded by immigrants in ancient times, who are we to turn them out? $&F

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   

I applaud these peoples efforts, just because they are illegal immigrants doesn't mean they should be allowed to die in the desert. They are only coming here for the same reasons our ancestors came here, better jobs and hopefully for a better life...

I understand your compassion, but my wifes grandmother who came here off the boat from Ireland (they kept her & the other Irish below deck) roughed it went through Ellis Island and escaped New York to NJ not a big jump but the city was eatin folks like her up at that time.
Point is back in the day they came through the front door not the back window in the middle of the night.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
reply to post by bommer09

Than why can't they come here LEGALLY like MILLIONS of other immigrants? It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

Good question. That is an issue that is not talked about nearly at all.

Anyone know?

Perhaps instead of feeding these people, we should be spending that same energy on fixing whatever is broken with the Mexican exit visa process ( or whatever it is called) and make sure these folks do their part to get here legally.

+15 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Aiding and abetting.

Thats exactly what they are doing.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
It's a good and bad thing. Good that it alleviates someone's suffering, bad that it perpetuates the problem and gives the US a different meaning to the Land of the Free. Free becomes freebies or handouts. Soon the social services office is forced to takeover the job of samaritan and we all pay for that.

Illegal is illegal IMO. If a citizen does anything illegal, he/she is charged and punished.

Don't try calling me racist because of this. Don't try telling me that illegal-immigrants have the right because the land once belonged to their ancestors or such. Lame arguments will fall on deaf ears.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish

I agree with you 100% brother. These people should be arrested for treason and accomplices to crimes.

I agree with you both.

We need more of these rallies like the one today in Arizona.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by bommer09
Agreed, even if you disagree with illegal immigration, at the end of the day these are people just like yourself and they deserve to live a full life and not die just trying to make money for their families.

Sorry, but the only thing they deserve is to face the consequences of their deliberate actions to disrespect and violate our laws. And please....lets quit calling them immigrants. They are thieves.

[edit on 5-6-2010 by Hugues de Payens]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Hope they also go and pick up the Trash they leave behind!
Or are they the ones giving them Trash to litter the Forest with?

www.desertinvasion.us...

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stop-loss!

To me, she is a hero! To help those in need and that are seeking a brighter future from poverty and despair is truly what humanity should be about. Its time to stop being selfish and help one another not condemn them and send them somewhere else. After all this country was founded by immigrants in ancient times, who are we to turn them out? $&F

who are we to turn them out? Try going to their homeland illegally and see how you are treated. Give me a freakin break.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
If you all want to help them so much
Why don't you come here and pick up all the trash that they leave behind and take it back to your landfills in your State?
This is so American I want the Feel Good part but let someone Else Pick Up the Trash.
Obama Picked up Tar Balls on the Beach in the Gulf
but has not come to AZ to pick up any Illegal Trash!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join