It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those with no religion and those with religion

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
bumb.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vicodin
Any religions out there that are about helping each other to think more radically, critical thinking .. good solutions and so on ..

its all about sacrificing your life to something, nothing that sacrifices their life for you so you can move on .. probably because all of the hidden knowledge.

Peace

[edit on 6-6-2010 by Vicodin]

Lets exclude the word sacrifice for a moment and use the word 'offering'. A sacrifice, is forceful....as if something says you MUST do this....an offering, is of ones own will, with understanding of why the offering is a betterment for more then just yourself.

And there was something that made a offering, it was the Holy Spirit, which is why we are alive, why there is life period in the form of matter. Just as the Holy Spirit of life offered itself for the souls to experience 'life' , a life that offerings souls things to learn from.....in the end, the soul learns, to offer itself back...our of its own will, to where it came from.

Just as the Earth allows the seed to have a womb to grow in, the seed grows into a tree, the tree produces fruit and material for shelter, that fruit produces a new seed, that new seed falls back to the Earth (from where it came from) and together, the Earth and seed produces a new tree.

Its all about cycles, and offering is a very deep part of a spiritual path.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by danxdan

I kindly disagree with the idea that we must believe in a God.

I think what matters is your inner nature. Do you truly try to be kind and not rude, do you truly try to be selfless and not selfish. Do you do things to benefit others truly or to be only gratifide by 'god' or other people.

I think God is understanding of the people that 'need' to use logic, that are only comfortable with what they can see, hear, touch, and feel. Its not like it can be proven there is a God or higher power....so I dont think non believers will be judge for not having a 'belief'. If you try to benefit the Universe, and base your deeds and actions on a Universal mean....then I think your nature is gong to be what matters.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
i believe there is no GOD. if there was one, i would HATE him/her/it.

i believe GOD was made up by men so that they could find comfort in events they had no control over or that which they had no understanding of.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Johnny Cash - God's Gonna Cut You Down

www.youtube.com...

(Gonna come down and eat you!)

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
religion doesn't help, its insight that defines the people who are willing to help our race.

Love.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by FuGGer

whats up with the Vodka ?

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
responding to the Johnny cash call, usually songs have the most important messages for us, although alot on here use it to call on more conspiracies, but cash pulls insight from his own life, look at the film clip, all celebrities, who have EVERYTHING, figure out what he is portraying and you are halfway there!
also a cover he does, called "hurt"
if you meditate, try meditating to it, will surprise you.

Love.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Freppy

Hurt would destroy me in meditation. It's overwhelmingly sad to begin with. I'm not sure I want to know where that would take me.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
do you think when god decide to come down again he would be nice ?

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by FuGGer
i believe there is no GOD. if there was one, i would HATE him/her/it.

i believe GOD was made up by men so that they could find comfort in events they had no control over or that which they had no understanding of.

^^ Winner!! ^^
It is like a weakness of man that allows us to believe in fairy tales.
It is our weak minds that allow us to be fooled when we dont know the answer.

I really like how 99% of the people I pole, have only followed thier parents beliefs, and not given any of the other flavors a try. So many stupid choices..why not just pray to everything? No need to think for yourself.

Then I like to ask people how they can be sure of a god's existance, and I get "You gotta have faith". I ask people what god has done for them, and I get a blank look. I ask what has god done to help us in our lifetime...and I get nothing.

I will tell you this. Any creator that would stand back while all the sealife dies, watch all these wars without stopping them, wathing people starving, and refuses to heal amputees is not worship worthy.
Matter of fact, if there where such a POS god, I would be sure not to side with them. I would rather burn for eternity than to praise some POS who stands by letting so much death occour.

Mental weakness of the human mind.
Sad really.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Another thing to consider, all the ancient civilizations believed in gods, the sun was a god, thunderstorms were caused by gods, the seasons, etc.

Of course they were all proven wrong, we found out just what caused these things, everything was natural, not caused by gods. But we still believe in gods and spiritual beings and stuff.

I think this is because people are scared of finding out and accepting that there really is nothing like that, that there's no afterlife and no loving god that watches you every day and helps you out when you're in trouble. So it's basically an illusion, a fantasy one believes in to feel a bit better about death.

Personally I don't really believe in all that, if it turns out I was wrong and there's an afterlife, cool. If there's not, I won't even care about it because I wont even be conscious.

[edit on 20-6-2010 by Slih_09]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
What if god gave us a time limit on this planet, like every problem is our problem until next time he will come by and give us an "upgrade" or punish us and start over... like its a game for him like the Sims.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vicodinlike its a game for him like the Sims.

All the bankers of this world are those who see us as Sims, and are in much of the control what happens in this world.

And if you cheat in this game you may end in jail not in hell.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join