It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those with no religion and those with religion

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
What will happen with those with no religion, why are we not persuaded by any Godlike entity, spirits and so on, whatever out there telling us what we need todo.
so we can follow and go the correct path and maybe learn something.

Why are we not being deleted by the face of the earth if we don't believe in any gods that are presented to us in these almost science fiction books with answers.. or are they so old with so old school words that describes things in a simple way, like TO simple descriptions.

And why does praying just help us to feel better, never a answer.. and btw its quite easy to lure our minds to feel better.

Things that cant be explained we have word like Miracle to explain it.. or God works in mysteries ways.. or whatever suits us.

And if someone is just popping up somewhere being like Jesus, they eventually end up in mental hospital, cause they exist today not back then.
Oh thats true they just crossed him after a while but still!
Its like who got here first and at the right time in the right place telling us these crazy gods up there wants us to do something like don't steal etc..
What about the thousands of years before Jebus came or any other Gods, what did we do then??
Pray to the sun ? and the only thing we needed is a face or someone with some tricks in their sleeves telling us its only one God and if we dont believe we go to hell ?

Why is it so many different religions? cause we all spread out after awhile in this planet and saw things in a different ways, and in these days the modern days we engage wars by these beliefs with each other.

And another strange thing is that people tend to analyze the same sayings in the books differently.
Its like they need to answer everything, even tho the books dont even have the answers by a long-shot ..

its like the repetition mind game works quite well here, and more people tend to believe one thing its more believable when the masses believes it or its a fact and you cant deny it cause the "majority" believes it.
We all cant be crazy right? or are we?

And why do we have to go around the world and spread the Gods words ? does God need help doing this?

Or did God or our Gods leave this world a long time ago ?
Does the books have a answer at all? or how we should live and serve and pray 6 times a day to make him more happy, and when Paper suddenly had Value our Gods is asking for that to ??

Does God love us ? or does his followers decide that ? and btw why is it so much molesting in religion ?

would probably have alot more to question and things i try to understand later on ..

Curious what other people would question why stuff and things are so small minded and the majority is following these books and why they are so many of it, is it the same thing with just different ways of living and treating each other ?

i dont hate religion or maybe i do, but it seems alot sheep out there likes it, and it does help them in some way ..

Peace

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Hmm, would you follow ? would you obey ?

This happend with the mayans/hopis when the Spanish came.
The God came to the Hopi and taught them everything, and when he had to leave, he told them that his people would come one day , do not fight them, they would be wearing the Cross as a Sign they were sent by him...

Well, they didnt Fight, what happend ? They were Mass Slaughtered...
Why ? God came in his UFO tricking them,preparing them for his return, and just like back then, we are at that point in time Now.

The united Nations are are pushing the Return of messiah, the Maitreya , wich is yet another Fake God....

God,Jesus,Maitreya...........Like before, like our ancestors fell for this scam, so will we,because we have been indoctrinated for this event..

Look : Creator . Savior . Destroyer = God . Jesus . Maitreya .
History : Creator . Savior . Destroyer = Brahma . Krishna . Shiva .

Easy stuff this.... The 'New World' will be our descendants in this very situation, aruing about Gods and why thi and why that, when the reality is that it means Nothing.. Nothing ..

No, they didnt leave here....And one of the Gods did love us, he is the one that taught us, the Beast to make love for pleasure, for joy and not for breeding purposes only.
The other god was mad, he tossed the real Creator and his beast out of the Garden. The beast and EA hid in the mountains in caves (Brainwashed version : cavemen) and schooling was started by the creator, etc. long story, theachers back then became known as iesu (I think it was ) , anyways it means Teachers of the Knowledge of Ea ..Like Jesus , he was an Iesu ..

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
So its like a Fight between the Gods who will rule us ?
we are still the slaves, sheep, pawns doing their dirty work or what

i just wish we got the clear image, but still huge amounts of information and wisdom and things as humans need to know is gone or hidden.. just few people on this planet knows. That kinda bugs me since i was a kid, was not baptized cause my mom told me that i needed to act on my own and choose if i wanted to be baptized.. that kinda screwed up my reality like what in hell is this ?? thought alot about it like if i choose the wrong religion what if the other gods would be mad..

And these days people want to see the hard facts you know
and still the biggest churches in this world are withholding information about surten religions >< for what ?

What are they afraid of, that our gods are really just a race of different believes how we the humans should do things ? and after some thousands of years they come back and fight for who will rule us next time ?

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

The Maitreya ?

No,no,no. It can't be him.

People will worship the antichrist first before the return of el savior. In this day and age those who believe in Christ will not suddenly worship another so unless they are already worship the antichrist that will not happen any time soon. He could become one of the imposers that are said to precede the whole thing...

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Vicodin

I've thought of the possibility that mankind is the prize for the winner in a war.
Sounds plausible to me.

What I find most disturbing is the denial of pure scientific facts that interferes with a certain belief. This makes them sheep and dangerous.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
the reality is that religion was made because they needed a form of control ...

I dont believe in religion, that doesnt mean I dont believe in anything superior to our life

I just cant support a religion that is a bunch of texts selected by the elite, or texts talking about killing, or religion that supported execution of scientists, other innocent people ...

In my opinion, people that support religion have some kind of mental breakdown or doesnt have access to good information ...

REPEATING: it is not because you dont support a religion that you dont believe in something superior; religious people just seem to forget that ... amazing huh:?

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

I most definitely agree with what you just said.

Normally I don't post I agree, this time I do to strengthen and support your point.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vicodin
What will happen with those with no religion, why are we not persuaded by any Godlike entity, spirits and so on, whatever out there telling us what we need to do.

There are all sorts of theories about this, but NOBODY knows for sure.

But one theory is that you keep returning to earth in many lifetimes in this plane of existence until you get it right.
There is plenty of guidance about what to do.
Every race, every country, and every culture has some form of spiritual religion that offers some guidance about how to live a good clean honorable life, and how to love the rest of mankind, and enjoy the fruits of this world without doing harm.

Many believe we are now coming to an end of an age where we are all about to be judged by God.

Those that are worthy will rise up to a higher plane of existence and start the whole process all over again but in a better world than this one.

Those that are unworthy will start all over again too, either in this plane of existence, or an even lower one.

Interesting, isn't it.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Silver Shadow

well, there is a theory that says we live in a videogame .. interesting no?

if you think about it, in the near future, we will be able to live lives just like ours in a videogame, without even noticing it ...

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Everyone has religion, often times more than one, some simply don't identify them as such. The root of the word "religion" is usually traced to the Latin religare (re: back, and ligare: to bind), so that the term is associated with "being bound." One is "bound" by choice or by commitment to the tenets of a particular belief system. Atheists are religious, about atheism as are patriotic nationalists about their beliefs. Ones religion affects "how one lives one's life" or or, in popular vernacular, one's "life style."

Just because your religion doesn't include a deity doesn't mean that you aren't any more bound or enslaved by your experiences, choices, beliefs, and actions.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   

I do think that is interesting.
Did you happen to see a thread I posted called : Could the galactic dust cloud be the same as the Photon belt ? (True science meets fringe theories )

It is not the same thing you mean but it most definitely contains the transfer to sort of transcended state of mind. According to the theory it could happen in the very near future.

PS.
I was working on a reply to you on another thread but it was lost when my browser crashed or something. It was quite long and I can't remember what I wrote.

Hope you don't mind.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by slane69

I would agree if that definition of the word religion would be used.

However it usually tends to have another meaning.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol

well, there is a theory that says we live in a videogame .. interesting no?

Interesting, yes !!

Another theory is that the entire universe is alive, stars and planets are like atoms of some giant living mass. The earth itself is alive, and we as individual souls are all part of it.

Maybe God is not just some old bearded guy sitting on a cloud, but part of some vast mass consciousness.

But whatever it is, whatever is in charge of creation is about to push the button on all of us.

You can dig your bunker, stock up on beans, and oil your gun. But it won't change anything in the greater scheme of things.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by slane69

that is "true" ... but one thing is for you to have a common idea, other thing is for you to try to hunt people to become your followers ...

In my opinion, every person should have their own "religion", meaning their own ideas ... to have a common idea is one thing, to have a common religion is totality different, it kind of connects you and kind of (create gangs) ...

and the gangs part is what is happening around the world ... people believe they are superior to other because of their beliefs, and since they are part of a "gang" they feel like they should destroy the other "gang" ...

the real problem of all this is called information ... most people dont have access, and the ones that do have access, they just dont know how to filter it

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Any religions out there that are about helping each other to think more radically, critical thinking .. good solutions and so on ..

its all about sacrificing your life to something, nothing that sacrifices their life for you so you can move on .. probably because all of the hidden knowledge.

Peace

[edit on 6-6-2010 by Vicodin]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol
the reality is that religion was made because they needed a form of control ...

Too true, however I personally do not believe in a higher power of any sort but I can't dislike religion as it does help so many people to carry on in times of stress and tragedy. The difference between faith and ORGANISED religion is huge though.I think that organised religion is ridiculous.... one group of peoples interpretation of a "holy" book is then spread and forced on others, faith however is a passive and personal thing that allows people to make their own way through life under their own belief, not others.
Think about it.. no christianity,islam,judasim,buddhism, zoroastrianism,sikhism etc etc just individuls privately believing in what they want. I think it would cut down a hell of a lot of problems in our world. In the U.S for example you have a nation where religion is part of the makeup, if you aint christian then you aint American, not a christian? can't be president. imagine if this state of affairs didn't exist. without ORGANISED religion the majority of hate attacks would be diffused(ok apart from racism) andthe world would imo be a markedly better place to live in.

edit sorr I'm new here ......only the first line is a quote from Faiol...sorry

[edit on 6-6-2010 by consulmac]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Why is it that people believe that if you don't have a religion, that you don't believe in God?

That's such a strange concept. I think on one level or another, EVERYBODY believes in something. Whether it be God, ET's, or some form of etheral energy.

I think if there is a God, meaning a one entity creator of all things, then he isn't a single parent who writes books.

He'd be far too busy keeping track of the rest of creation to worry about our little insignificant lives.

I don't subsribe to that ideology however. I'm more paganistic/druidism/agnostic in my beliefs.

Still though, to think that there is nothing, just seems very bleak, and an awful waste of time and space IMO.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Its like people has to be in groups to feel like their opinion is worth something, but never open to that things could be something else, or be open to any other explanation.

But in the end its the big ass corporation that rule us all with the few CEO's that choose what type of exploration is worth wild, and what type of info is let out to us the majority.

Peace

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vicodin
What will happen with those with no religion, why are we not persuaded by any Godlike entity, spirits and so on, whatever out there telling us what we need todo.

I don't think it matters whether we have a set "religion" or not, but I do think you need to believe in God. In terms of why you are not being persuaded, I take that as free will. you have to be able to decide for yourself if you think that a supreme being exists or not. It wouldn't do any good for someone to tell you to believe in Christianity, Judaism, etc, i think its something that you have to find for yourself.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
i Think you should start to believe your God's

if you think its one and only god, you are mistaken.. its just who is in charge.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join