It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

19,000 Barrels Per Day = New Official Minimum

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I don't know about you all, but this spill is pissing me off more, and more.

I do not think this is an end of the world type disaster. But on the other end of the spectrum, I do not think the Mainstream Media is reporting to the public the true size of the spill, now at a minimum estimate of 19,000 barrels per day, be it because of PR bull crap on both BP and Obama's side or the reality that it is hard to estimate the pressures in a scientifically accurate model.

Being a US citizen, I can only attest to an American centric view of the disaster, that being mortified, insulted, depressed, and infuriated over this incident because of a haze that has been lifted, and that haze being corporate greed, media bias, lack of information and misinformation. The true nature of our corporations and their far reaching hand on our government is now being shown to the citizens of the United Sates, and we are enraged.

With the spill now quadrupling in size over the last month and a half, reaching the shores of Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, and Florida, as well as it entering the faster, global, Gulf Loop, we wonder how much bigger can this thing get, and how much damage is going to be done, when spilling is no longer an effective word? Our best estimates point toward August. Best estimates. in 123 days that spill will stretch into the Atlantic ocean, hitting the east coast and being as far up as Maine, though not on the coast.

----- BP had repeatedly told us that their attempt to fix the leak could increase the amount gushing out if they failed, and they have every time they have made these attempts. It is getting bigger and bigger. ------

Quite frankly, there is no hope here for this "incident," if that is still an effective word. Nobody in America can foresee this getting any better for at very least 15 years.

- - - - -

So here s CNN's new story: www.cnn.com...

[edit on 5-6-2010 by SubPop79]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I f'ed up, sorry

[edit on 6/5/2010 by SUICIDEHK45]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

Gallons and barrels are not the same thing. Your analogy makes no sense and I'm afraid it will only confuse people who do not understand that.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Quantum Logic

sorry my bad, I was trying to do too many things at once.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

That's ok. I've had days like that myself.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
So, cool! I have no idea what happened.

new topics

top topics

join