It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So what are they doing with the animals once the oil is cleaned off of them?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
We have seen the heartbreaking images of the suffering wildlife in the gulf. I'm assuming along with the clean up or containment happening down there that the is a huge effort to save wildlife or to clean the oil off of them, but what then?

It would seem that they can't release them back into the gulf, so whats happening to them?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I have no idea...but I can't help but remember the Dawn commercials. They were so cute and sweet. But this...this is a huger scale to think about. I myself am worried about eating fish now...is it still safe to eat it?

It breaks my heart about all of the wildlife and fishies that are going through this right now. If I had it my way, I would go down there and rescue, clean, and try to save all of the animals.

Oil is a terrible, terrible "necessity".

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I don't know what they are doing with the animals either, but i guess they will take them to some sort of habitat, or rehabilitation center.....
and speaking of the Dawn soap, the conspiracy theorist in me remembers seeing the whole" buy this bottle and we will donate $1 to help save wildlife" on the bottles way before the gulf oil spill.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I saw on CNN where they put them after cleaning. A nice enclosure with a pool, fish, rocks, air, etc. This is unconfirmed but I thought I heard them say those that did well (they were speaking of the Pelicans) would be released someplace in Florida but that was before they found the oil is moving onto the shores in Florida as well. I am heartbroken over this happening to the wildlife, wish I was there to help them.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Are you serious?

Those animals are already dead.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I know what they do with them.

It really is a multi-stage process. First they must check the bird's vitals to determine priority, then they begin cleaning using a combination of biodegradable soap and degreaser.

they usually prolong this process so the media can take as many picture's of the birds as possible. After the bird has been vigorously washed and properly rinsed they take him out to the shoreline, and they say " Hey, look out there, at all of your little seagull friends flying free in the sky" ........... then they shoot him in the head with a silenced 9mm and toss his carcass in a mass grave located behind the cleaning center.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Um, put them back?

Oil is a natural earth mineral. The environment will clean itself.

[edit on 5-6-2010 by NexGenRevolution]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by First Curiosity Last
I have no idea...but I can't help but remember the Dawn commercials. They were so cute and sweet. But this...this is a huger scale to think about. I myself am worried about eating fish now...is it still safe to eat it?

It breaks my heart about all of the wildlife and fishies that are going through this right now. If I had it my way, I would go down there and rescue, clean, and try to save all of the animals.

Oil is a terrible, terrible "necessity".

This is off topic I know. I do not have a clue what they do with them but I do know Dawn is good at removing oil. I work in a small engine shop and get oil and grease in my hair all the time. I have been using Dawn to wash my hair for over 15 years.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by toolstarr
I don't know what they are doing with the animals either, but i guess they will take them to some sort of habitat, or rehabilitation center.....
and speaking of the Dawn soap, the conspiracy theorist in me remembers seeing the whole" buy this bottle and we will donate $1 to help save wildlife" on the bottles way before the gulf oil spill.

Conspiracy theorist? Dawn has had that label on for a long time now. They use the $1 to go towards animals affected by very minor oil spills, and other minor accidents and natural disasters. So of course the label has been on before the oil spill.

“I try to keep an open mind, but not so open that my brains fall out." - Harry T. Stone.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
It seems to me that this is a logistical nightmare. They can rescue sea turtles, and birds of all shapes and sizes but they can't release them back into the gulf, or maybe they could release them in the western gulf but then you have to transport them.

Or is they really any rescue operation going on, I'm not seein any new or recent information on the interwebs....

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Florida is one place where they are releasing them.

www.nola.com...
www.myfoxtampabay.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by sadwolf

Yes, the east coast of Florida.. just wonder how long it will stay oil free though.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Put them back ...
... clean them off again.

Makes a nice photo op... or 4 or 6.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

After cleaning the animals, they have to be monitored for a length of time.. usually in a rehabilitation center. I'm not sure where all they are being taken, but there are several big centers along the gulf coast in Florida as well as a few that I can remember being in central Louisiana.

EDIT to add:

Good Contact info for the state of Florida: (by regions)
Florida Index

Louisiana has a special hot line set up for this:
LAWRA

[edit on 5-6-2010 by broahes]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by broahes

After cleaning the animals, they have to be monitored for a length of time.. usually in a rehabilitation center. I'm not sure where all they are being taken, but there are several big centers along the gulf coast in Florida as well as a few that I can remember being in central Louisiana.

Why waste so much money and time on some animals?
In my oppinion it's not really worth it and besides: Aren't so many Animal lovers are here on ATS who always tell how intelligent animals are and that nature is so great and doesn't need help from humans? And now we see animals who certainly aren't intelligent, can't help themself and die

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85

Originally posted by broahes

Why waste so much money and time on some animals?
In my oppinion it's not really worth it and besides: Aren't so many Animal lovers are here on ATS who always tell how intelligent animals are and that nature is so great and doesn't need help from humans? And now we see animals who certainly aren't intelligent, can't help themself and die

hahaha very funny NO?

Let me ask you how it would feel if your body was covered in BP toxic filth?

The birds are being kept at a quarantine facility, one of my friends who works for Ocean Habitat is now saying release date is being suspended until assholes at BP cement the well. So essentially these poor innocent creatures are in captivity ie JAILED because of BP's crime. BP was the offender and now the poor creatures will serve the prison sentence for the fat executives.

Please understand that from an oil producing country I know about blow-outs and runaway wells. One thing to kill them on the surface very very different killing a well 1.5 miles under the ocean. The problem is not just the drilling intersect but tapping into a wild well. Odds are around 50% that they can control it with first heavy fluids, mud for pressure drop and finally cement.....This is no guarantee......very very serious and August? hmmm.... I suppose since RW1 is @ 13,000ft but it would be a miracle if an intersect happened on first push.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by First Curiosity Last

According to Jim Marr's book, "Above Top Secret" page 71 Chapter "Is Real Alternative Energy Being Kept From The Public"

In 1945 Natzi Germany was on its knees with the Russians pouring in from the East and the British and Americans pushing from the West. Yet, Nazi war production was at leveels higher than in 1940 when the Reich was at its height.

the reason for this surprising prroductin succes was the Nazis use of synthetic oil. Basically landlocked (The north Sea was blockaded by Allied ships and submarines), Germany was forced to develope non-peroleum oils and grease. The most prevalent of the various methods used was hydrogenation processes, mostly developed within the I. G. Farben chemical combine, which produced synthetic oil from coal.

Since WWII, knowledge of synthetic oil and alternative energy sources has almost dropped from public view. Many researchers have concluded that a free energy/alternative energy conspiracy exists to keep such technology from the public. They contend that the use of various renewable and ground breaking technologies that could provide energy at reduced cost - perhaps no cost at all - are being deliberately suppressed and discouraged by both major governments and the oil industry.

The reasoning behind such suppression is simple: to preserve the economic status quo and ensure a large profit from ever increasing oil prices. Similarly, it is alleged that free energy cannot be allowed to gain a foothold in a capitalist system because that system would then utterly collapse if such energies and technologies were introduced on a widespread scale across the world.

Most adherents of this theory suggest that the conspiracy had its beginnings in the 1930s and with the work of one Thomas Henry Moray, who claimed that he and his family had been threatened and shot at on several occasions, and that his laboratory had been ransacked by sinister sources as part of an organized effort to stop his free energy research...

Right up to the time of his death Tesla had been working on what became known as his "Teleforce Weapon", a charged particle beam (Star Trek) that was based upon a large Van de Graaff generator of unioque design and a special type of openended vacuum tube. Tesla's invention also became known as the "Peace Weapon" - chiefly due to the fact that Tesla envisaged it having the ability to end all wars and discourage future ones.

I don't have the time or energy to quote this whole chapter, but start researching into this.

Your statement (and I mean this in a kind way, and am not attacking you) shows you have not researched into alternative energy.

People who have tried to bring forth free alternative energy have been killed or bought off, no we no longer need oil, the people who own the frap just want you to keep believing this propaganda.

People really need to put down that remote and their Twilight Novels and start researching into this one major conspiracy subject - there is clean alternative energy technology here and now, but the public is being kept in the dark (pun included) about it because the few elite morons who are running the planet don't want to give up their money and power.

All for greed and this will continue until the majority of sheeple wake up and rebel against TPTB that have caused all this misery and suffering.

No, oil isn't a necessity, IMO It has been made to look like it though because the elite few people who are running the planet don't want to relinquish their strangle hold they have over humanity at any cost.

No, it doesn't have to be like this, our planet is in dire straights right now and if the majority of people do not awaken from their sleep we are going to destroy this planet in the name of greed.

The time to wake up and get off the fence is now.

You have a choice to make, you are either a Service to Self or Service to Others type of person.

If you chose the first, you do not comprehend how connected we all are to each other. What affects one of us affects all of us, all animals and the planet included.

We cannot as a species keep going on the way we are - it's not right and it's not logical.

And to anyone that says so what about the sea creatures - wouldn't it be poetic justice if there is such a thing as reincarnation and that person came back as a sea turtle, to learn what it is like to injest oil into your stomach and lungs.

You never know, karma is a witch.

[edit on 6-6-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I remember a report a while back on the animals from the Valdez spill. Almost all of them died despite the cleaning and treatment. The amount of toxic mess that had been absorbed by their organs was a death sentance even though they looked nice and clean on the outside.

Even refined motor oil has a label on it warning of longterm skin exposure leading to toxic shock and or cancers. I noticed that last week while changing my oil. Freaked me out. How many petroleum products do people rub all over themselves everyday. Nuts.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
One thing to consider

Have you ever been imprisoned jailed? A human being can reason while the poor creatures cannot. So the shock of being kept in captivity in itself is enough to kill them.

I think BP my have wiped out the State bird of Louisiana

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I remember the report as well.

Yes you are right, BP and anyone who contributes to their profits have sentenced many of the sea creatures in the Gulf to a slow and painful death.

We need to demand cheap alternative energy besides oil and nuclear - it's possible but the oil industry doesn't want the public to realize it.

We have a star near us that could provide enough free energy for everyone on several planets for eons.

Oil and nuclear energy are dirty, unsafe and illogical.

[edit on 6-6-2010 by ofhumandescent]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join