It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astronaut Edgar Mitchell and Ufos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Read this article. This is the type of treatment you get when you go public on ufos, even if you are an astronaut. :-(

How to marginalize an astronaut

Another astronaut vocal on ufos is Gordon Cooper. Both are ignored by the press.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Does anyone really think the news media is about reporting anymore? It's a business supported by advertising and political slants...occasionally we'll get facts on live broadcasts, but for the print mediums - might as well be reading "A Wrinkle in Time"...

Kudos for these men - brave on many fronts.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Agreed. The news has evolved into a cash cow. It's a joke to see the way that they attempt to influence social patterns

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   
oh the ignorance of the media. They want all the juicy stories then cock them up when it comes to the crunch. Either that or the goverment bods layed on a little presure

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I thought it was awesome news, and posted it here right after he made the comment. It amazed me also that the article was written in the manner it was, given the significance of the subject, and where it was coming from.His words did not get much attention, even here....
Mitchell has a web site with a discussion board, if you are interested. Another ATS member,Condorcet, supplied me with the link. I am not on my regular computer at the moment, so I would have to find the link.
Perhaps, we could extend an invitation for an interview...one that is constructive and to the point- the reader attention here would be great if he agreed.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Richard Dolan (who wrote "Ufos and the national security state" also had this to say about the media:
ufos and media

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   
For those of you looking for astronaut Edgar Mitchell's website:
Edgar Mitchell

Would be great if ATS could get him for an interview! Already reading his discussion board with his participation is a revelation.

[edit on 10-6-2004 by gzhpcu]

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I support the movement to have an ATS interview. Pretty fascinating stuff.

Like others, I'm not surprised that the media didn't pick up this story. Its par for the course really. I'm actually glad that its not a major story. That way its under the radar enough to get the straight facts from him without media manipulation or a credible threat he'll be silenced. I think the government discredits so many of these people with valuable information instead of letting the public decide.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Mitchell's site states he will be appearing at:

UFO Museum
July 1 - 4
Roswell, New Mexico

Anyone live near Roswell??

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Thanks for posting that, I found it very interesting indeed.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Sadly, this can never be more than his word against whoever (or whatever)
Consider this...

For the sake of argument, let's say Ed Mitchell was close friends with someone in the Government who did research on alien bodies. And this close friend told him every last intricate detail, including the location of the bodies, and what was learned/found, etc. Could Mitchell ever go public with all the details? Not likely.

A very real scenario would be that you'd see more and more journalists act in the very same manner as Ms. Moore, and the Government retains their "plausible deniability".

But if Ed named names and places, you'd read (or watch) the media reports that Ed Mitchell died in his sleep, or in a car wreck, or some other freak accident. Unbeknowst to the vast majority, his close friend would meet his demise as well, and the general public would never even see the connection.

So in the end, he really know what he's talking about, but will never be taken seriously because of the media, or he has read too many UFO stories and is making it up as he goes along.

I prefer to believe the former. I have no doubt that he has been warned. And that he knows exactly what he can say and what he can't.

new topics

top topics

join