It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Jesus came back to Earth today what mental disorder would he be diagnosed with?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheUltimateEnd
reply to post by andy1033

That is your theory, your stating it as a fact. They have to mind control him and microwave him. Why would you think of such a feat?

Not saying it is a fact, but they do look out for people no matter what you think. They would use them.

Microwaving someone to death may take years but it is effective for governments these days.

Can you really prove such a person would be insane? Why would he be so stup1d to not go do1wn the road of you trying to set him up etc....

Just my theory no facts, but mind control is real and microwaving people is real.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
This isn't a disorder, but he'd be accused of being:
Anti-Semitic
Jew Lover
Zionist
Extremist
Communist
Fascist
Right-Wing
Left-Wing
Liberal
Conservative

and probably after a miracle or two, he'd be labeled the anti-Christ.

He'd be categorized and hated quicker than George W Obama.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

What if it was the other way around...
...that we are all the crazy ones...
...and He was the only sane one...
...and we mostly think He was crazy but in reality we are?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Jesus would be laughed at. He has neither been proved to be of god or that he knows a god or that he can do anything remotely godly.

Whereas, I could say I am a god and I have more proof of it than Jesus.

I do not ever do many things nice for people or even help others unless I benefit. I am rude and do not have the time for people on the whole. I do not believe in being a law abiding citizen if it does not fit into my way of life.

I have an awesome career, I am overall head of my department 72 people + 12 secretaries / general dogs bodies. I have complete authority over the entire lot and have a full budgetary control of millions per year. I can make my peoples dreams come true or i can crush their dreams. I can employ someone or fire someone on a whim. I can make people work late or finish early. I can approve vacation or deny it. Access to my office is by retina scan so I can sit in my "castle" peacefully without interruption and CHOOSE to ignore who ever i want. I speak to MY boss face-to-face 4 times a year when I travel to the US for meetings with them.

So i can say I am god..of my little kingdom. I have more proof of being god or godly than jesus and his sandals did.

Just an example of what it means to be considered a god by people. Everyone has a different view. Ultimately there is not one. Never has been and I am not a fool to believe in one.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Personally if Jesus is the son of Gud. I believe he would out mach any evaluation made by us.

If we are going to judge Jesus and say he is mental for telling the truth. That means there are more fools in this world than we could ever imagine. And my guess is , there are nothing but lying,stealing false personalities in this world. Jesus would be killed a second time just for hurting our own personal ego of stupidity. History would repeat it self, because we only learn after we have made a act, not before.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I'm going to say that he would be diagnosed as a paranoid schizophrenic, ocd, megalomaniac, solipsistic with borderline personality disorder with anger management issues and a martyr complex

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Next time take your time, you are typing like you are mad. Yes, I agree there are forms of Mind control and Microwave Radiation. However because I speak the truth, I am not your enemy. I could be under Mind control and microwave radiation right now, but if I was to tell you so, How would I know I speak the truth?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35

What do you think he would be diagnosed with?

Unconditional love. Don't see much of that now-a-days, so it would be sure to stand out and eventually find itself a definition in the DSM IV.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I would say Messiah complex mixed with martyrist tendancies.

Though if Jesus were walking the Earth today, (if he even did then) I would venture to say he would be a bit more careful.

He would probably not have been so cavalier.

According to the Gospel of St Thomas he killed a friend for knocking him, so unable was he as an infant to deal with his powers, so would that follow suit these days he might have been locked away during his formative years.

www.gnosis.org...

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I think most people are overlooking some critical points here:

Jesus reportedly turned water into wine, cured the blind, walked on water, healed lepers, corrected a speech impediments, stopped a storm dead, to name a few....

methinks if he began wandering around doing these things again, he couldn't really be labelled with a mental disorder exactly, as accordingly, there were witnesses to these miracles. However, science would no doubt not roll over and accept Jesus's interpretation or explanation of his abilities.

No doubt, they would be testing him and analysing him like a lab rat.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I'm a Christian, but I'm also a mental health worker with a sense of humor so I couldn't resist replying to this thread. Just for fun, I'll imagine Jesus walking into our outpatient dept. in his linen robe and claiming to be the son of God and telling of all his life's activities. Here's what the clinician would probably give him as a diagnosis (from the DSM, Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders)
AXIS I: 296.70 Schizoaffective Disorder
AXIS II: 799.0 Deferred
AXIS III: Malnutrition
AXIS IV: Social, economic, chronic homelessness
GAF: 65

Recommendation: Refer for medication evaluation and to case management for food, housing and help with applying for disability benefits.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Jerusalem Syndrome, most likely:

The best known, although not the most prevalent, manifestation of the Jerusalem syndrome is the phenomenon whereby a person who seems previously balanced and devoid of any signs of psychopathology becomes psychotic after arriving in Jerusalem. The psychosis is characterised by an intense religious theme and typically resolves to full recovery after a few weeks or after being removed from the area.

(No, Jerusalem Syndrome is not technically in the DSM, but it is a real recognized problem that is made up of one or several other likely disorders.)

Here's the song Jerusalem by Dan Bern, which is a very funny take on Jerusalem Syndrome.

[edit on 6/5/2010 by LifeInDeath]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
He would probably be diagnosed with Messiah syndrome (obvious isn't it) with a touch of Histrionic personality disorder.

That said I still believe he was who he said he was and as a result I have encountered many who think I have a mental disorder because of it.

[edit on 5-6-2010 by slane69]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
As soon as he did one miracle he would never been seen or heard from again. The goverment would be so afraid of people following him that they would lock him away and in time people would forget he ever existed except for conspiracy websites. Oh and don't forget the tabloids who would say there were sightings of him all over the world.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by C11H17N2NaO2S

So i can say I am god..of my little kingdom. I have more proof of being god or godly than jesus and his sandals did.

All hail C11H17N2NaO2S!

Crickey, that's a bit of a mouthful...... I don't think there are going to be many Priest attempting to repeat that one in Church.

Ah mind you, somehow I don't think worshiping "Village Idiot" in Church is not going to go down very well either...... hhhmmmm....... best I stay humble and not become a God

[edit on 5-6-2010 by Village Idiot]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
If Jesus was to return?

Somehow I don't think he will...... imagine the conversation in Heaven.

Son, I need you to go down there again to spread the good Word.

Oh come on Dad!, why me?.... have you seen how many People wear crucifixes down there?
It's like they think I enjoyed being hung on a cross...... I'm sick of Crosses!!

But Son, you promised to return, and your Mother thought it would be a good character building experience.

Can't we send someone else Dad, you know, like Luke, Paul, John........ Obama?

Obama?........ no Son, he's gone and joined the other side.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I think Jesus would suffer from emotional distress after all, look at the world we live in.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by azurecara
I think most people are overlooking some critical points here:

Jesus reportedly turned water into wine, cured the blind, walked on water, healed lepers, corrected a speech impediments, stopped a storm dead, to name a few....

methinks if he began wandering around doing these things again, he couldn't really be labelled with a mental disorder exactly, as accordingly, there were witnesses to these miracles. However, science would no doubt not roll over and accept Jesus's interpretation or explanation of his abilities.

No doubt, they would be testing him and analysing him like a lab rat.

Really? I think science would deny that he had any miraculous powers, and that anyone who claimed to be a witness to any of his miracles would be ridiculed or labeled as mentally ill. I mean, look how many psychics and healers have been tarred with the brush of scientific disbelief. I think science would just say 'nah, isn't happening' and society would follow along no matter what the evidence of their own eyes. (Meanwhile, mainstream Christians would label him a fraud, and fundamentalist Christians would claim he got his power from the devil.)

As to what disorder? Surely he would be labeled as schizophrenic.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by C11H17N2NaO2S
Jesus would be laughed at. He has neither been proved to be of god or that he knows a god or that he can do anything remotely godly.

Whereas, I could say I am a god and I have more proof of it than Jesus.

I do not ever do many things nice for people or even help others unless I benefit. I am rude and do not have the time for people on the whole. I do not believe in being a law abiding citizen if it does not fit into my way of life.

I have an awesome career, I am overall head of my department 72 people + 12 secretaries / general dogs bodies. I have complete authority over the entire lot and have a full budgetary control of millions per year. I can make my peoples dreams come true or i can crush their dreams. I can employ someone or fire someone on a whim. I can make people work late or finish early. I can approve vacation or deny it. Access to my office is by retina scan so I can sit in my "castle" peacefully without interruption and CHOOSE to ignore who ever i want. I speak to MY boss face-to-face 4 times a year when I travel to the US for meetings with them.

Just an example of what it means to be considered a god by people. Everyone has a different view. Ultimately there is not one. Never has been and I am not a fool to believe in one.

Are you hiring? I'd call you god if it meant I'd have a job

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by riiver
Really? I think science would deny that he had any miraculous powers, and that anyone who claimed to be a witness to any of his miracles would be ridiculed or labeled as mentally ill. I mean, look how many psychics and healers have been tarred with the brush of scientific disbelief. I think science would just say 'nah, isn't happening' and society would follow along no matter what the evidence of their own eyes. (Meanwhile, mainstream Christians would label him a fraud, and fundamentalist Christians would claim he got his power from the devil.)

As to what disorder? Surely he would be labeled as schizophrenic.

I have to agree, that in all likelihood most religions would not believe him. And that mainstream science would perhaps acknowledge that it did in deed appear as though he changed water in to wine, etc, but that there was some other scientific explanation behind it. But that they could not repeat the same action, nor explain how such a thing was possible.

OR - just had another idea, he would be hailed as the greatest illusionist of all time!!! And also slightly mentally impaired (hearing the voice of God, etc).

<< 1    3 >>

join