It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

June 8/9 Dust Clouds query

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Firstly, I am not trying to 'prove Aussie Bloke right' as such nor do I really believe it any more at all (I never would have made life changing decisions), but I do have a question relevent to it all:

I may have not read it properly, but did he actually originally say that the dust cloud would cause darkening of skies?

If he did actually just say that we would be encountering a dust cloud around June 8/9th, then is that not true and are we not at the moment? That is what causes meteor showers after all I believe?

Just playing Devil's Advocate here really!

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 08:31 AM
link   
If I remember correctly, a 'darkening of the skies' was specifically referred to. That said, the AB story has been full of contradictions and for a poor old newb like me has sometimes been difficult to follow

Anyway, it's 10th June right here and the sun is shining and the skies are a gorgeous blue. I'm not worrying.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Its 10:00am in New York city and the skies are kind of murky. But we are expecting thunderstorms later today.

and for the Midwest from weather.com

"Much of the Plains will be the target of severe weather later today as the ingredients come together for a significant outbreak. Thunderstorms capable of producing large hail, damaging winds, tornadoes, frequent lightning and flooding rains are likely. The primary threat extends across the Dakotas, much of Nebraska, and southward into Kansas. A frontal boundary will also extend across the Ohio Valley where numerous thunderstorms are forecast. A few of these storms may also become severe. "

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
well everyday in south florida this past week, the skies have darkened dramatically, only to open up with a deluge of rain. While this is typical south florida weather, it seems to rain only when i have to go out. As soon as i return home, the sun is shining again.... but no, haven't seen any dust clouds in my area.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I believe the "dust cloud" referred to by AB was this one: www.space.com...

...which further proves that he/she/it is both a hoaxer and a complete idiot who knows nothing about space, science, or the solar system. (the other alternative -- that AB is a hoaxer and knows about this stuff and targets people/boards that easily buy into doomsday scenarios and that don't look up this information... is also a possibility. Note that AB didn't try it here -- we'd have been all over him like white on rice for his attempted idiocy.)

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   
There has been an unsual amount of clouds lately on the West Coast. Since dust particles are required for atmospheric moisture to gather around to build clouds you could say that there "might" be some extra dust particles floating in the atmosphere. But as other posters have stated we are approaching several periodic meteor showers begining this week, I think there is 4 distinct showers within the next two and half weeks that pepper the earth with tiny rocks. This might explain the "June Gloom" that haunts the West Coast EVERY SINGLE YEAR. So for though this June has gotten to an abnormal start with the lack of dense fog banks and solid overcast skies that we would normally see during this time of year. The clouds are much more sporatic and are at a higher elevation then normal.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   
raining in Salt lake City......rained off and on all night......and its expected to continue throughout the day.....June 9th....no SPACE DEBRI incoming as of yet

When the clouds clear off its a beautifull blue sky above.......

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Rainging here in good old Northwest MIssouri, in fact it really hadn't stopped raining all that much for a couple weeks now. Moisture in the dust cloud? or just strange weather?

Oh and plus at night the clouds have been tinted red for about 3 to 4 days now. No its not city lights for I dont live around enough city to cause that much redness.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Red sky at night, shepherd's delight

Sorry, first thing that came to my head

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Ah well, there has been no unusual atmospheric conditions here, though it has got a bit cloudy the last day or two which is normal.

Thanks for all your comments, I wasn't sure what he had exactly said (should have checked really), as it was all mingled together with rubbish - well actually it's all rubbish!!

As I said, just playing devils advocate really, but looks like I should have checked it out more first!!

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
It's been cloudy/raining here since two days ago.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Cloudy and rainy here in Japan, but typical for this time of the year.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
not saying AB was right, but he said: "look south" several times
i live in the south of brazil and here the skies seems
'dusty" since thursday
i mean it seems that the sky is full of dust

and in this time of year, it was normal to the skies be blue, and clean, very very clean.
not saying AB is right, just saying whats going on here ^^

new topics

top topics

join