It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Englands chances for the world cup?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I've got to hand it to you Brits for your passionate, original chants that everyone in the stands seems to know word for word as they scream in unison. I really admire them because in the states the only chants the entire crowd can repeat is "Beat L.A." or "Bull S***."

It is pretty sad really. Maybe, we aren’t as brainwashed as you guys, or maybe we are too stupid to develop multi-sentence chants. We even have trouble keeping the wave going around the stadium. LOL!

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Who cares......... really ...

They probably have but they probably won't...... next topic because this is irrelevant and there are bigger issues out there than a few over paid namby pambys kicking a ball around BADLY..

Regards

PurpleDog UK

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK
Who cares......... really ...

You, obviously

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

Good try BUT

My only care here is that I don't Care...

Cheers

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK
reply to post by LiveForever8

Good try BUT

My only care here is that I don't Care...

Oh dear

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Then don't post in this thread?

Someone must have always been the last man picked to play...

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by tooo many pills
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Then don't post in this thread?

Someone must have always been the last man picked to play...

ha ha, shame i cant star that

[edit on 14-6-2010 by woodwardjnr]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
England has a chance still.
Brazil, Germany , England Spain, the same four are still faves.
USA, Netherlands, Argentina, Italy next.
England are way above average going forward, but they need to maintain over 90 minutes not thirty.
Defoe needs a go if he is fit ,Rooney needs to buck up, this is it, hes stuffed up in two major tournaments thus far.
Ok he got hacked in one of them fatally.
But he needs to be the man and unfortunately we all suspect he is injured still?
If he is then defoe should be given the nod.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Oh man USA got chopped and screwed by that ref!

England should be able to win out vs ALG and SLO, that will help us advance if we can beat ALG too.

I can't believe they don't start Defoe, he had such a good season at Tottenham. Do you fine English gents have any knownledge of why Henskey is choosen over him? And could any of you give me a good English/World football website? I use soccernet which is really just Espn.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
England just "lost" a nil nil draw to Algeria and were booed off the pitch by their own fans.

(Screen a thousand little boats in the backround, under grey skies filled with the contrails of Spitfires and Me 109s as weatherbeaten fishermen, jaunty yachtsmen and the British Navy RESCUE their beaten soldiers from the beaches at Dunkerque.)

Stop booing your team England! Rescue them!

The same thing happened to Canada in 1972, playing the Soviet Union in hockey. The team was being beaten and booed by the fans, until a star player, Phil Esposito, got on TV after the game and told off Canadian fans. He said that the series was not going to be a walkover, that the team was trying and that they needed the fan support.

Things swung around.

Stop booing your team England. Rescue them.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
England should be sued by English fans for daring to impersonate a football team.

Showed no passion or enthusiasm, but what' new.

If we can't beat a mediocre Algeria, we have no chance against Slovenia. Out of all the teams I've watched so far, I have to be honest and admit England are one of the worst teams by far. Rooney was an embarrassment. I could play football better if I was drunk. :shk:

Capello should relegate Rooney & Lampard to the subs bench and start with Defoe and Cole, then we might actually have a chance. But he won't because tactically he seems completely clueless.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit
England just "lost" a nil nil draw to Algeria and were booed off the pitch by their own fans.

(Screen a thousand little boats in the backround, under grey skies filled with the contrails of Spitfires and Me 109s as weatherbeaten fishermen, jaunty yachtsmen and the British Navy RESCUE their beaten soldiers from the beaches at Dunkerque.)

Stop booing your team England! Rescue them!

The same thing happened to Canada in 1972, playing the Soviet Union in hockey. The team was being beaten and booed by the fans, until a star player, Phil Esposito, got on TV after the game and told off Canadian fans. He said that the series was not going to be a walkover, that the team was trying and that they needed the fan support.

Things swung around.

Stop booing your team England. Rescue them.

I gotta agree with you, I'm not a huge football fan, but I enjoy watching football, for the fun of it, not to get SERIOUS and angry lol.

There is WAY too much pressure on the england team, that does not help them play good. Even the manager seems like he's feeling the pressure too much, too many questions making him seem too stressed and confused.

But I think there is a lot more support than boos out there. Sometimes you just hear the boos more.

One more thing, England really is just a decent team and nothing more, I have no idea why so many people expect so much from them?

[edit on 19-6-2010 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
For me the problem is this...

If we are gonna play 4-4-2 we need to drop Lampard, Bring in Cole on the Left and move gerrad to the middle... I would then drop Ronnie (oh the controversy) and heskey and play Defoe and Crouch up front...

However... my preference would be this...

Change formation to a 4-5-1

Midfield would be Lennon, Lamps, Barry, Cole (can do a job on the left), and have the car thief (sorry Gerrard) in a free roaming role behind Rooney.

That for me would get us much further... C'mon England!!!

Why oh why isn’t Gareth Bale English??? Imagine him tearing up the left wing... Oh Well...

[edit on 21-6-2010 by Muckster]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I must admit, I've been enjoying the England team under-perform in this years World Cup, and as I'm writing it is even better because France are getting beat 2-0 to South Africa.

However, the England team are made up of top quality players and I can't see any other result than England completely destroying Slovenia. Not only because the gulf in class of the players, but England must win to stay in the World Cup which will provide huge motivation for this under-performing team, and they know that a big win will help to silence their critics. But maybe the lack of harmony within the squad may be too much of a distraction and Slovenia may be able to hold strong and get the point which will see them qualify from the group.

But my money is on England getting the qualifying and reaching the last 16 and I reckon that England will win 3-0 against Slovenia

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

I agree with your formation, but I would rather them drop Gerrad because Lampard was spot on this year in the Premier league for Chelesa and is better on the ball.

From watching both of England's matches it is obvious that they don't play with any creativitiy. They are heavy footed and slower than other teams. They are very predictable the way they try to to break down a defense to score. They don't have anybody in the right frame of mind and the on ball skills to take on a defender forcing things to open up for the rest of the team.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by tooo many pills]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join