It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sex in the city ? A tool to indoctrinate !

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I was looking at a rant
from Mark Kermode and I extremely sympathize with the man's rant.

I thought about what he is telling here and my conclusion is, The Sex in the city 2 movie is now the best evidence of mind control in the world.

Please look at this 10 minute film.

I was a little nervous but giving it was a rant...
I crossed over and watch it.
Every single argument that guy is using in his rant and also his emotional response are completely justified. In my opinion that is.

I'm personally not even shocked by the gay wedding and even the fact that it's annihilating everything feminism reached at making woman equal. I think that is absolutely repulsive.

But...

He goes on about class difference and That ! ladies and gentlemen is what caused me to post this here. I'm absolutely sickened by it.

My respects for a guy that is apparently a movie critic for grabbing the bull by the balls.
I totally agree with him.

I think that this attitude is not uncommon in the world and its the exact same attitude that also destroys our world.

Please ? Share your thoughts on what Mark is truly saying here. This Class difference exists ! and it has got to be destroyed. In my humble opinion that is.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Let the world have its scum and etc i say, why does he worry.

My advice if you are straight do not bring people into this world ever. I am not and am glad i will never.

But i think one day there will only be 1 single gender.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I think he is over-analyzing a horrible movie.
My 2 cents.
He's very opinionated and looks for an easy target,
a crap ass sequel

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
lol

I don't guess I get it.

How is it a tool of indoctrination or mind control?

It was a (crappy) show about a group of self obsessed tramps who sleep and shop their way through every day, that in turn became a movie (2 now) of I'm guessing the same idea.

I sat through as much of that guy's accent as I could.

I still don't get it.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I loved Dr kermode's rant. Thanks for posting it. I never got Sex in the City when it was on televisions and considered the short equine one to be a cryptid of some sort. The women of the household went off to watch both films and I stayed at home, painted a wall and watched it dry.

Who takes that sort of film seriously anyway (apart from Dr Kermode who has to make a living)?

Civilisation may collapse but it would not be Sarah J's fault. She is too bad an actress!

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
It is insulting to women.

The point that the OP is trying to make, with as popular as this movie is, it is teaching hundreds of thousands of women that this is how they should be and behave. The movie makes people believe this is the norm. If this is not your life, life is not worth living.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I'd like to add :

1. This is not about the sex and the city.

2. This is about class difference.

3. The promotion of materialism, consumerism and discrimination.

I think this is telling those unaware women in the world, ( especially those with money )
and the stupid ones :

It is alright to be and act like that. Snobbish, self centered, discriminate, repulsive human being.

I know this is the world we live in but this consumerism, materialistic attitude is what fuels our EGO, what satisfies our greed ( only for a short time...)

I agree it's way over the top but that doesn't matter ! That does Not ! make the attitude go away.

Then their is the promotion of discrimination.

On the surface it doesn't happen and they treat people equal but they don't.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Great thread!

The Sex & the City crew (the beautiful people) are the ones we love to hate.
Thus, generating more feelings of hate.

It is demonstrating mind control. Especially on the younger generations.
THIS is the type of woman you want to be & should want to be with.

Otherwise, you're a serf or you're a man with really low testasterone.
Either way, you're not sexy enough to have their money, power, & ridiculously simplistic problems.

The Dr. is definitely right.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by keepureye2thesky
I think he is over-analyzing a horrible movie.
My 2 cents.
He's very opinionated and looks for an easy target,
a crap ass sequel

I totally agree!

The only thing this series and yes I was a fan.. (hey who doesn't love mindless tv?) made me want was.. better shoes!

I do wonder, what next shall this guy over analyze? Cheezy beach reads?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

I think we agree but I have to respond to this :

Either way, you're not sexy enough to have their money, power, & ridiculously simplistic problems.

I think it is funny, the truth is that all people that I know of that are extremely wealthy are usually 'Ugly' ( like without the make up and face lifts )

The ones promoting wealth are usually just rich, which they got by copulating threw the ranks.
Ok... or they are just extremely good looking or are very good in what they do.
Well the good looking ones proof my point.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Justaposter

If you fail to see the bigger picture... Why waste your time to respond ?

No Offense, I'm in a particular bad mood right now and it seems the both of you do not read what I've wrote.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Hahaha--it was an entertaining rant with valid points throughout. I believe though that as Sex in the City 2 is just a movie, this wasjust one man's opinion towards it and nothing more.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
If this is your point, I think you're well off.

Using your point, rap music is the biggest mind control tool in the world

It teaches people that its ok (even rewarded) to act the way which is depicted in the lyrics. Murder, rape, hell all amount of crimes and demeaning behavior is glorified, and in my opinion its worked. Just look around. I see way more MTV types than I see Sex and The City types.

Not to be the resident communist, but I think the real culprit would be capitalism. Not the ideal per se, but the twisted version of it that exists today and that has existed for awhile.

Greed, the never ending hunger for money, and more money and more money. Thats how you are defined as a person in America, not by your wins or losses, your character flaws or your outstanding qualities. But by your Gucci shades, new Lexus, or your Prada pumps.

Maybe I got off an a different track here, but your point seems to be that movies like Sex and The City teach that that behavior is whats acceptable, if even looked for. I think that you have it backwards, and that we've accepted that behavior for a long time, and movies like that are just a reflection of that acceptance, not a tool to help you accept it. But a picture, showing you what you've already accepted.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

Sorry you are in a bad mood. Hopefully you will feel better soon.

And sometimes a cheezy movie is just a cheezy movie. No worries though, I am in a rather cheeky mood, and sorry I did not take your post more seriously.

But I truly do hope your day becomes better.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Alora

It is not about the man, the film or the series.

This stuff happens all over the place. This movie happens to exaggerate and the guy made me think about it.

Every action has a reaction.

Coming to think of it. Maybe... the makers of this movie were exaggerating on purpose.
To show the world how sick it is and make it so obvious that people will think about it.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
i am disappointed about the promotion of materialism of this movie. when you think that the characters are a role model to the women in our society , you become disappointed . for example one of my role model as a movie character is Aragorn from "Lord of the rings" because he is a hero that fights against the evil and respects the woman that he loves.hope you get the point.

Sorry for my english

[edit on 5-6-2010 by keopss]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
reply to post by Alora

Coming to think of it. Maybe... the makers of this movie were exaggerating on purpose.
To show the world how sick it is and make it so obvious that people will think about it.

Maybe. Or maybe the movie is meant as escapism for those who enjoy seeing such things. Do Rambo movies tell the world that sometimes you just need to grab your automatic and shoot sh## up? Sometimes a movie is just a cigar...if you catch my drift.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

Fair enough.

I think that rap music is a result of instead of a cause. The first rap I heard was about 'Big Booties'
and Holidays.

Ask yourself ? Why do people want to be liked by others. Why do we all work hard to receive some sort of status, which is actually of no importance whatsoever.

Can it be greed that drives our materialistic and self centered view of the world or is it something else ?
In my opinion that for the majority it's all about fitting in, being part of a group you identify with. So the need to be accepted is IMO more important then greed.

Where does the norm for acceptance come from ? Who sets it ? Who promotes it ?
More important, who satisfy their greed with it ?

Rap is IMO an outlet. People rap about what they've experienced in life.

The reason you don't know anyone like the ones in the movie is because they don't exist. But... They do influence.

It's like the saying, If you repeat it over and over you will start believing it.

I don't want to deny rap as a form of influence.

I think rap is part of the problem. ( Depending on the amount of violence and sex someone is offended by )

Consumerism and materialism ( Capitalism )are what's causing problems. But... they are not the problem. Honestly the true cause for all our problem is mankind itself. Specifically those driven by greed. Not only for money, which is just a tool. But for power what can be achieved by using money as a tool.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Sex and the City is without a doubt one of the stupidest things i have ever been forced to watch. I actually got mad and forced a channel change at the house of a friend. It offends my senses. Anyway here are two articles you might like.
www.huffingtonpost.com...
This is about the racist element.
www.thestranger.com...
This was the review mentioned by the ranter in the OP. Scathing and dead on.
Lots of cursing look out.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Justaposter

Thanks

My bad mood just faded away.

Reply to post by Alora.

You are right...

But I'll say it again. It is not about the movie.
As a matter of fact. I actually enjoyed Sex in the city.

Ssst. Don't spread I said it. I will loose my leverage when my girlfriend finds out that I like to watch it. I always bring it up when I want to watch something she hates.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join