It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Droning sounds at night, UFO related?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I know this may have been discussed here before, but I have to bring it up again.

I have been hearing a noise at night, reminiscent of a distant diesel engine at idle. This noise drones on and on in pulses and isn't exactly synced perfectly all the time.

I am in the northeast US , I would like to know if anyone hears this sound at night (when its quietest in the house)

I DONT hear this everyday, its seems to happen every other day or every 2 days.

I have heard this in different homes in different places and the sound is always the same pulsing drone of a diesel engine.

The impression I got is that this may be the sound of a massive underground power source, such as one that may be used in an underground UFO base.

The other impression I got is that this may be a cloaked, large ship that enters the tri-state area on certain days of the week, and we are hearing the sounds from its propulsion unit.

One last thought on what it may be is a very large tunnel boring machine deep underground.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
GeminiSky

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I am from India. I too am hearing these sounds recently. In addition to that flash of light as well. My place is in a very small town. People sleep early. I dont about the flash of lights or how many have seen it. I'm afraid to bring this up since people may think i'm crazy and just brush it off. But i'm hearing this now and then during the quietest hours. Its the same as you describe it.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by chaosinorder

You know now that you mention it, I do notice very brief flashes of light, but mostly when I have my eyes closed. I see a very rapid white flash thru my eyelids and then open my eyes only to be met with a dark room.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Central Texas USA

Yes, I hear it and then wake my spouse. My spouse hears it too. I have an extraordinarily HIGH frequency hearing range. My spouse has a LOW frequency hearing range.

It sounds like a high speed air rail train or an unusual new kind of semi truck engine.

We can never SEE anything in the direction of the sound, which sometimes sounds like it's right next door.

There IS a right-of-way (gas pipline?) on that border of my property and there is a natural gas well about 1/5th mile up the road which is probably sucking gas from under my property.

We have seen experimental US military craft and operations over my area in the past too.

Aliens? Nope, don't think so.

[edit on 5/6/2010 by Trexter Ziam]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
The other night I thought I was hearing pulsing noises as I was relaxing in my room. I couldn't figure out what it was. It was strange though.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
A nice fan, set on high, like white noise, works well in getting other sounds out of the way, when you want a good nights sleep.

I can't fall asleep without one, Been using one for years, even in the winter time!

Your suseptable to outise influences when you fall asleep, that you don't notice other times of the day.

UFO related, no, maybe just too much caffein at work at bedtime!

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Actaully yes, I can hear it...and don't know what it is. It's almost like a jet...but very low...hovering...yet there is nothing in the sky except a few stars. I thought it's related to the GFL ships i see at night...

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Hey I started a similar thread sometime at the end of last year or beginning of this. It's the sound you describe. Some mornings I wake up from the sound of an airplane that sounds well extreemely low flying almost as if it is about to come down right on top of our house. I mean it's so loud that it wakes me from my deep sleep.

Only thing is that the sound seems to be a general low hum almost as a much farther away version of the hum you here while inside an airplane. I can almost feel it too like the air is vibrating too. It is hard to locate the sound it almost sounds as if it is all around in the air. I also see light flashes but I've always put it down to that there's something wrong with my eyes or that I'm tired. Ones I even saw strong flashes of light coming from the near by forest...they seemed to be too strong to come from an ordinary camera. BTW I'm in a small town in sweden that also go very quiet at night until recently when I started to notice the hum.

Very interesting indeed.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Does anyone know the cause of this 'low hum' yet?

I have been hearing the exact same thing all weekend and today. It sounds like a tumble dryer that's on in another room - like a pulsating hum. It makes my ears and head vibrate.

I hear it at night and daytimes too.

Haven't noticed it before the weekend though. Weird.

Just as been said on here before, I can't pinpoint which direction it's coming from - it's in the air and coming from all around.

My daughter has been here with me today and I asked her if she could hear it, but she couldn't. She said I'm hearing things.

What the hell is it?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I.ve heard it too. I have lain in bed trying to work out if its the fridge etc.. But that has a distinctive click on, hum, click off sound. I also thought maybe its an electrical pulse that is in the atmosphere during the day due to the electricity we all use. But becomes more vibrant during the quiet hours. An echo of static electricity.

I have woken up with this noise and thought Alien craft... Why ? I don't know because I.ve been trying to (practically and sensibly) work out the noise since.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
If it sounds like a distant diesel generator, then it's probably a distant diesel generator.

I hear something like this---it's often a locomotive idling. It can be very hard to figure out where it actually is.

Or it could be somebody's diesel generator turning on. As some people mentioned gas (natural gas)---it could be drilling or pumping equipment.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I have heard something similar and I am also in the tri-state area...suburb philly to be exact.
I have also witnessed lights above my house (the kind that would be used for a grand opening...but could not correlate any info or position form where they were coming from exactly) the lights were oscillating in a pattern...weirdest thing I have seen in a long time. real late at night,when it is quiet I've heard what seems like what you describe or almost like a very close plane although it seems to be taken forever to pass over my house...best way I can explain the sound right now and i usually have headphones on and have not heard it lately.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

I use a fan at night for the same exact reasons and if it is not running I do notice a lot more and have trouble falling asleep.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
For the last 3 months i have had exactly the same thing, generally on a nighttime. It keeps me awake and i thought it was a form of tinnitus although i have never had it previously.

It got to the stage where i was unplugging all my electrical appliances, convinced it was some kind of static electrical discharge.

More often than not the sound is high pitched, sometimes it has a slight pulse. My sleep patterns have been shot since this started and i thought it was just something i was experiencing, strange indeed.

Where i live in Yorkshire, about 6 weeks ago something strange was heard in the sky, i do not know if this is connected but from the Humber to York residents complained about a humming, pulsing noise during the night. One of my colleagues talked at length about this because it had kept her and her boyfriend awake from about 2 a.m.

Article:

www.thisishullandeastriding.co.uk...

I also found this article from last year on the BBC news website, i wonder if this is linked to what many of us are experiencing now?

news.bbc.co.uk...

top topics

join