It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Radio Signal UVB-76 has stopped transmitting.. UH-OH

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

Yeah that was about the same image I had,I think his name was desmond

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Smasher
reply to post by Sf18443

In Google Earth you can view "historical imagery"...
Here's some more detailed images (from 2004, 2005 and 2009): img686.imageshack.us...

[edit on 6/6/2010 by Smasher]

cheers , I thought it used to be brighter ..lol can see more in those views,

Dont submarine comms use ulf?

[edit on 6-6-2010 by gambon]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
....in regards to the 1 minute audio snippet posted on page 4:

The German audio at the end is:

"...(indecipherable)...dringend ...handelt werden...oft kann das geld für notwendige Reparaturen nur mit Hilfe von Fördervereinen aufgebracht werden. Deshalb ist es für viele Katholiken besonders ärgerlich das neben dem Wohnhaus auch eine Kapelle von circa 80Quadrat....(ends)."

this translates to:

...indecipherable...urgent...action taken....often, the money for needed repairs can only be raised by means of fundraising clubs. This is aggravating for many catholics that next to the residence, a chapel of 80 square...

this most likely refers to the bishop of Limburg, Germany and the recent debate about his "personal" chapel of 80sqm (~800sqft) next to his residence; and the resulting debate about the catholic church spending donations for such a 'luxury'.
I am not sure but the female may be a Deutschlandfunk speaker.
how that snippet ended up in this recording puzzles me. maybe russians
like to listen Deutschlandfunk ?
you may listen to them on www.dradio.de... , livestream is on the frontpage, right side.

Quite likely a frequency glitch of some sort.

Now what strikes me is:
that this debate was in the german media in mid february, with the last trace i could find in early may.
So. Is the sound snippet not current ?

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Just got off the phone with my friend, he listened to it through the night. I don't have the patience he does, but he got some good stuff from what I can gather.
He emailed me what he could get written down...

Anyone here know military or scientific code? I have no clue, my friend who's also listening is 54, ex-military but has no idea what type of numerical code this is.

Here's what he wrote, copy-pasted from my email.

"MILITARY IS NEEDING ENTRY INTO YOUR HOME
-
I'M NOT THE ONE THE WORST THINGS COULD HAPPEN TO
-
OK MY FRIEND, THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE INFORMATION, A VERY GOOD DAY TO YOU."
-
"Goodbye."
then
"07.050.00"

then:

"they kill, they kill, they kill, they kill. they kill the united states, this is 2-6 hotel zero, from the united kingdom"

either saying they kill or they accuse... best he could translate..
Then just a large set of the repeating number pattern:
"6.8.1.4.1.1.6.7.6.1.1..6.1.6.1.6.8.7.8.1.6.8.7.8.1.6.3.35.4.6.3.5.4.7.4.3.1.2.7.4.3.1.2.9.1.5.7.5.9.

7.5.0.9.5.0.2.5.2.1.2.7.0.2"
Thats it...

Does anyone know what any of this means? I am at a loss here.

It's here if you wanna have a listen, I closed it for the time being but my friend said he'll call me if anything weirder than this happens.....
www.globaltuners.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by bestideayet
Just got off the phone with my friend, he listened to it through the night. I don't have the patience he does, but he got some good stuff from what I can gather.
He emailed me what he could get written down...

Anyone here know military or scientific code? I have no clue, my friend who's also listening is 54, ex-military but has no idea what type of numerical code this is.

Here's what he wrote, copy-pasted from my email.

"MILITARY IS NEEDING ENTRY INTO YOUR HOME
-
I'M NOT THE ONE THE WORST THINGS COULD HAPPEN TO
-
OK MY FRIEND, THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE INFORMATION, A VERY GOOD DAY TO YOU."
-
"Goodbye."
then
"07.050.00"

then:

"they kill, they kill, they kill, they kill. they kill the united states, this is 2-6 hotel zero, from the united kingdom"

either saying they kill or they accuse... best he could translate..
Then just a large set of the repeating number pattern:
"6.8.1.4.1.1.6.7.6.1.1..6.1.6.1.6.8.7.8.1.6.8.7.8.1.6.3.35.4.6.3.5.4.7.4.3.1.2.7.4.3.1.2.9.1.5.7.5.9.

7.5.0.9.5.0.2.5.2.1.2.7.0.2"
Thats it...

Does anyone know what any of this means? I am at a loss here.

It's here if you wanna have a listen, I closed it for the time being but my friend said he'll call me if anything weirder than this happens.....
www.globaltuners.com...

Hi Bud, im a little confused.. What did your friend listen to throughout the night? I thought the signal had stopped.

The communication that your friend intercepted, was it in Russian as you say he has already translated it?

Are you sure you're mate is not pulling your leg... I find the extended courtesy and the repeating of the words very strange considering this is a radio transmission.

The link provided is requiring a user name and pass

Skeptic

[edit.. Forgot stuff and spelling]

[edit on 6-6-2010 by Skeptic4Sale]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Skeptic4Sale

LOL no, not pulling my leg. I'm calling him but no answer, so I am sure he's napping, I want to make sure he's listening to the same thing I am.

I'll keep updating though. It's quiet on MY headphones....

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by bestideayet
reply to post by Skeptic4Sale

LOL no, not pulling my leg. I'm calling him but no answer, so I am sure he's napping, I want to make sure he's listening to the same thing I am.

I'll keep updating though. It's quiet on MY headphones....

No probs matey..

I didnt actually realise that you were the OP..

I must admit that i have found this fascinating... Nice Thread!

Have a star from me buddy

Chat soon

[edit on 6-6-2010 by Skeptic4Sale]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
reply to post by dragnet53

Actually the signal has been transmitting since 1982, which means it has been running for 32 years, and that means it has been running since the supposed "Russian coup" in 1991 (I made a mistake and put it at 1989, was thinking about something else) which means it has been running for 19 years since the so called "end of Communism."

But this being a military signal, which was started during the era of Communism, so why would it had continued running for 19 years after the so called "coup" and the "end of Communism"? and why would they choose to stop it now?

[edit on 5-6-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

Dude your math is off... I was born in 78... I'm just now 32.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I just managed to log onto the Global Tuners site with the supplied link. I tried two recievers and got one to work (Lueneberger Heidi DX).

The usual UVB-76 signal is transmitting.

Make sure you check the antenna type, as the first one I tried was an FM setup and couldn't receive the signal. Both of the ones I tried were preset to UVB-76 (4625 kHz)

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

Originally posted by g146541
Because most of the time he has a well presented reason for things and it seems to make sense.
I must remember to get his recipe for cornbread, i hear he's quite the cook too.

Not really. Most of the time he just makes conclusions based on his limited knowledge and when he is shown to be wrong he doesn't admit it. But anyway you are free to make your own Phage's church if you want.

Off-topic, but this whole sub-thread is anyways. .

He has admitted to me both times I have found him wrong. /shrug
It helps when you provide a source when you refute his claims. .

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
EDIT: Feed is now cutting out; poor reception

[edit on 6-6-2010 by NightShift]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Very interesting. This is definitely worth some extra research on my behalf.

[edit on 6-6-2010 by jtm3m]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Ok, the Vienna HF/MF is giving a strong S5 now. The usual pattern can be heard.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I don't know if this has already been mentioned but it seems to have been skipped over temporarily -- There was another recording made around Jan. 18 that had a distinct -- and fairly clear -- non distorted voice.

The person had their mic turned on so there's some noise from them breathing, but nothing too complex.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I don't know Russian -- its not my primary language by any stretch of the imagination.

This is a listing of things that jump out at me... Some by time others in logical succession. Blocks in []'s are what it sounds like. ??? represent too fast for me to give any form of phonetics.

[This is a log of the things noticed in the sound file 's28 with voice - 4625kHz 18jan2010.mp3']
0m22.881s: Voice starts. Recorder pulls up the gain on his recording device.
0m28.349s: Voice states "ONE SIX ONE" (in english?) or "WA SIS OA" (guessing here) followed by something in Russian.
"Kuropa"
0m33.47: [oh se wa] [TREE du ja keep] [ee-chee ????? ???? ??? ??? ]
Stoika.. Robika.. Nyorga...

0m44.886: "Cal signim" ... [Orga oHAIoh HAAMM ]
... [Baychorka Roika Stroika yiip ] ... [eegee Nee-zaah noy] [WesNEE-OR-kah] [Yee Dee Nee Tra ]
1m10.88: Start of possible re-transmission? Voice can be heard faintly until it stops -- DIFFERENT MESSAGE OBSERVED[?]

1m51.472: Buzzer comes back online.

Any ideas, y'all?

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Alien3nema

Are you saying the ping will locate a key that is from an outside source?

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
It's STILL transmitting. I got many reports from other HF utility work friends and checked for myself this morning.

It's still there.

What you guys don't realize is HF propagation. The ionosphere is crazy and at points in the day and night, you wont be able to hear UVB-76.

It's still alive, and will still be going for many decades to come.

Also, it's nothing more than Ionospheric research and Propagation study.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Calling all experts:

Isnt the pattern supposed to change one minute before each hour?

Because it didn't....

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightShift
Calling all experts:

Isnt the pattern supposed to change one minute before each hour?

Because it didn't....

UVB-76 is the same all the time. Always the buzzer, never changes.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Another listener on GlobalTuners just stated that the pattern change hasn't happened all day.

EDIT (to above): I have only listened to recordings in the past, but they always had a change from an interrupted buzz to a constant high/low warble for a minute, and have read elsewhere that the change happens for a minute at each :59 minute mark? Is this inaccurate?

[edit on 6-6-2010 by NightShift]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightShift
Another listener on GlobalTuners just stated that the pattern change hasn't happened all day.

THERE ISN'T A PATTERN CHANGE!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join