It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Radio Signal UVB-76 has stopped transmitting.. UH-OH

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by mirageofdeceit
UVB was transmitting a bunch of '?' (morse ..--..) but is now transmitting a series of ---. ---. ---. ..--.. ..--.. ..--.. ..--.. ..--.. ..--.. ..--.. ..--.. ..--.. ..--.. ..--.. ..--..

Which translates to:

ччч ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

[edit on 4-9-2010 by mirageofdeceit]

Those are not coming from 4625 Khz. That Morse is on 4628 Khz. You can tell it isn't on 4625 khz USB or AM because it is so hi pitched. Even with the return of the Buzzer you can still hear the Morse further up from the frequency. The only reason you hear it is because the bandwidth is wide open and all signals around the Buzzer can be heard.

Those question marks are time stamps from Russian radar Morse tracking stations.

See the entry for M21 and the variation in time stamps sent.

www.cvni.net...

www.astrosol.ch...

Every minute the time is generated. The 4628 Khz generates Moscow time.

The one near the Buzzer generates the following example BT 99 0015 ??8?????

That would be 0015 (15 minutes past midnight - Moscow Time)

If you monitor the Morse for long enough that 4628 station will send tracking traffic.

TJ

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zeptepi
Just curious...
Can Anyone in this thread able to receive this signal directly?

I have an outstanding 160M loop antenna (570ft long) up about 75 ft. along with excellent receivers. (Kenwood TS-2000 & 520, Icom pro III
and many others.Here in the Midwest USA I can rarely/barely hear it.

Anybody else?

Yes I can hear it during night time in the UK using a hand-held receiver. The other factor to its purpose is the low frequency on the HF band. This is a constantly used frequency that doesn''t venture into the higher portions of the HF band regardless of the time of day. It confirms that it is only for the region that it is broadcasting in. For example the Moscow Defence Region.

The same goes for most of the other Russian stations using unique carriers to keep their frequency open. The serve a purpose and limit their propagation to the local area. If they were intending the broadcast to be heard over greater global distances then they would use high HF during the day and change to low during the night to suit the ionospheric conditions.

TJ

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Im kinda new to all this so please forgive me if I made a mistake. Im using Hamsphere until I get my kit up and running - However, the numbers coming from 07.013.00 are very interesting. The Buzzer noise is now appearing on 07.018.00.

I am looking into the numbers to see what relevance they have and will come back to the board if I find anything.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
reply to post by Catch_a_Fire

The switching off thing is plausible I guess, but it still doesnt explain why it was transmitting for so long, and having routine maintenance done almots daily. Also, the three voice recordings seem to indicate somthing more than an old transmitter

Now, I don't know much about these numbers stations, but I do work in telecoms.

Recently, we have had a project to remove old bits of kit from our network. We have been using old Nortel 16L multiplexors since they came about in the late 1980's and many have only just been taken out the network (and were being maintained up until then), despite not actually carrying traffic for quite some time. For the most part, these network elements have been humming along for years and no one really pays much attention to them, despite them chewing up power, floor space and maintainence time.

So it is plausable that this is an old system that was being maintained just "because" and only now they've gone "sod it, we need to spend this money elsewhere".

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by iwarfare

Sound like a standard numbers station. Someone recorded it on 7013 Khz.

TJ

edit on 21-11-2010 by tommyjo because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-11-2010 by tommyjo because: Additional info added

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
So how's this for a first post?

I just had the following face-to-face conversation with the Director of the United States Defense Intelligence Agency:

Me: "Sir, are you familiar with a Russian shortwave radio broadcast that self-identifies as UVB-76, or MDZhB?"

Him: "I am."

Me: "Can....you tell me anything about it?"

Him: "No, I can't. I really can't say anything about that."

Me: "Can you at least tell me if it's something that matters? Like, many people think that it's just for radio calibration or something. Can you tell me if it is of significance?"

(long pause)

Him: "It....is of significance."

Me: "Okay, thank you Sir."

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by whindsoull

how do you get a face to face meeting with someone so high up?..if you are telling the truth this is something of great importance

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by dashdespatch

Hi just a quickie, the Lincolnshire Poacher, another numbers station, stopped not that long ago ago, is there any connection?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by dowot
reply to post by dashdespatch

Hi just a quickie, the Lincolnshire Poacher, another numbers station, stopped not that long ago ago, is there any connection?

Two different types of broadcast. The Lincolnshire Poacher was a numbers station. The Buzzer is a command and control broadcast. The Buzzer transmits in a message sequence that is noted on other Russian military communications networks.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

Thanks tommyjo.

Must read and try to understand threads more closely, especially posting dates, mind you not sure I would know the significance of the various signal types.

I was, however, a little intrigued when I read another thread. "Russia Retaliates Against US: Puts Radar Station On Combat Alert"

Has there been any changes recently to any of these differing signals?

Is there anyway anyone can use the signals to predict future events?

Dowot, Fully awake but only half aware.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by dowot

Thanks tommyjo.

No problem, Dowot. There is a good round up article at the following posted link. The changes last year and interuption to the signal was deemed to be the combining of two military districts in Russia and the movement of the transmitter.

See following

www.wired.co.uk...

Also check out the following for updates.

priyom.org...

uvb76.freeforums.org...

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

Thanks for the wonderful links.

Methinks its quite fascinating.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
reply to post by tommyjo

Thanks for the wonderful links.

Methinks its quite fascinating.

No problem, Buddha. I agree it is a fascinating subject.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

Funny thing a friend told me that he had discovered what we call "number stations" -- 25 years ago, and then I didn't quite believe him, or thought it was just an oddity. Right now, there is little reason to doubt that this is what they term "One Way Voice Communication" for agents in various locations.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
well there is new station being run , UBV 76 has moved uvb-76.net... from the link

It was almost exactly a year ago, on September 8, 2011 when UVB-76 (or UZB-76 really, as it was operating then) changed its name to MDZhB. Not sure if there is a system behind it, but today the station broadcasted its messge on 11.30UTC with different callsign once again - 94ZhT.
see if i can find it

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
A link to a transmission from 2010.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

ha ha you can now listen to your beeb beeb beep beep here is a link that tells the time and where to find on the "dial" www.securitygeneration.com... for that have a slow link or are uncertain of sites, from the link

As you can see MDZhB, broadcasting on 4625 khz, has been transmitting the majority of its broadcasts between the times of 12:50 and 15:20 UTC. If you want to catch a live broadcast, your best chance is to listen within that 2.5-hour timeframe.
happy listening

edit on 28-11-2011 by bekod because: editting

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by bestideayet

There has been interruption numerous times... I remember last year it was down for a few weeks.
Very intriguing though.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

What's kinda spooky is that the voice is live and sounds not 100% sure of what it's going to say next, i.e. likely from a handwritten note. I'm a native speaker of Russian, I can pick up that much.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
reply to post by tommyjo

Funny thing a friend told me that he had discovered what we call "number stations" -- 25 years ago, and then I didn't quite believe him, or thought it was just an oddity. Right now, there is little reason to doubt that this is what they term "One Way Voice Communication" for agents in various locations.

The one way broadcasts (Number Stations) have been around for a very long time. The evidence that prove that they are linked to intelligence services is from the agents caught using them. In many of the cases the spies were sloppy in their use of handling and hiding the communication schedule timetables and the one time pads used to decipher the messages.

The CIA has recently allowed a book to be published by former technical staff. In the book the One Way Voice Link usage is highlighted. They even have an example of a one time pad and message where you can decode a message.

ciaspycraft.com...

The book highlights the case of the Russian military spy Oleg Penkovsky. The CIA authorised book reveals that Oleg Penkovsky was controlled by a CIA One Way Voice Link during the 1960s.
The KGB had Penkovsky under surveillance and filmed him in his flat copying the high frequency broadcasts on his short wave radio.

The Russians recovered the one-time pads and would have been able to break the code of his CIA handler.

A recent case was the Cuban agent Ana Belen Montes. Montes failed to follow correct procedures and when she was caught the evidence linking back to her Cuban controllers one way broadcasts were damming.

rijmenants.awardspace.com...

The Cubans use a combination of Morse and voice broadcasts for agent control in the US. Simple, effective and unbreakable if the agent follows the procedures to the letter. All the recipient requires is a simple short wave radio.

Cuban voice numbers station

Cuban Morse numbers station

The mistakes in handling the communications which linked Montes to the Cuban broadcasts and led to her conviction are highlighted in the following link.

cryptome.org...

The FBI has determined that the precise same numbers, in the precise same order, were broadcast on February 6, 1999, at AM frequency 7887 kHz, by a woman speaking Spanish, who introduced the broadcast with the words "Attencion! Attencion!" The frequency used in that February 1999 broadcast is within the frequency range of the shortwave radio observed in MONTES's residence on May 25, 2001.

The following is an example of the Cuban intelligence agency broadcasts on 7887 Khz.

Another case where one time pads and broadcast schedules were recovered was during the arrest of GCHQ spy Geoffrey Prime.

www.cvni.net...

A lot of the mystic surrounding one way spy communication broadcasts was revealed after the collapse of the Berlin Wall. The East German intellegence agency buildings abandoned produced examples of the automatic Morse and voice generators. These were produced in East Germany and used in other communist bloc nations.

See following link for the one way link generators recovered from East German intelligence service buildings after the Berlin Wall fell.

www.youtube.com...

The owner of the generators conducts lectures on the number stations. He also highlights onr example where the spy was caught redhanded copying the broadcast.

Many nations attempt to jam and disrupt these broadcast transmissions. You can hear the jammer on the frequency of the number station. The number station is believed to be the MI6 one way communications broadcast to the Middle East. This is known by its signature tune the Lincolnshire Poacher.

Lincolnshire Poacher broadcast unjammed.

The FBI have recently released documents and video of the Russian Spy Ring in the US during 2010.

Page 12 of the following FBI document highlights the radiograms used by some of the Russian illegals in the US. Messages were recovered and broadcasts read.

vault.fbi.gov...

vault.fbi.gov...

vault.fbi.gov...

edit on 28-11-2011 by tommyjo because: Additional info added

edit on 28-11-2011 by tommyjo because: Malformed link corrected

edit on 28-11-2011 by tommyjo because: Additional info added

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join