It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Radio Signal UVB-76 has stopped transmitting.. UH-OH

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by HiTEK

news.slashdot.org...

"Following days of increased activity, the Russian numbers station UVB-76 has sent out a new voice transmission. The transmission, sent out on August 23, 2010 at 9:35AM PST, recited the following in Russian: 'UVB-76, UVB-76 — 93 882 naimina 74 14 35 74 — 9 3 8 8 2 nikolai, anna, ivan, michail, ivan, nikolai, anna, 7, 4, 1, 4, 3, 5, 7, 4' The station, believed to be a part of the former Soviet Union's dead man's switch system, has been continually broadcasting for over twenty years, and its purpose has never been fully explained."

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
-76's wiki page has undergone a DRASTIC make over.

Someone has been doing thier homework

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
English russia has a series of photos from inside the station. Not sure if posted yet.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
English russia has a series of photos from inside the station. Not sure if posted yet.

How on earth can we know where those pictures came from? lol

I mean that could be any basement in any old base or something.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

Thats what i thought.

The pictures show a derelict, subterranean (Im assuming this from the flooding) base that is clearly out of operation. The photo's are not of what they pertain to be.

Quite interesting snaps though

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Yeah actually I was doubting that as well. Thought I'd post it anyway. If there is anything with russian text on it maybe that could confirm it but I don't understand it. Anyone here that could take a look at the pics that have text on them?

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Well there are a few interesting things, clearly a lot of electrical power was or still is running through that place, some of those switching panels could still be in operation... But in a flooded basement?? Not my idea of a safe working environment!

There is that modern printer that looks out of place, and I think I saw a broken compact disk on that desk...

But other than that unless you can read russian that could be anywhere.

edit: Oh the blast doors of course... They are interesting.

[edit on 28/8/2010 by Now_Then]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

The "Cuban Five" were Cuban intelligence officers who were part of "La Red Avispa", or Wasp Network, which the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) dismantled with 10 arrests in 1998

The network received clandestine communications from Cuba via the Atención numbers station.

en.wikipedia.org...

These radio transmissions were discovered in the late 1960s. Their presence became known to the wider amateur radio community in 1978, when beacon “W” started transmitting on 3584 kHz, in the 80 meters band. There is indirect evidence that this particular transmitter was located in Cuba.

en.wikipedia.org...

So I guess the spy signal is not an isolated thing but something all countries are doing. I never knew though that Cuba was running a signal that was tied to Russia. And the number of Cubian spies caugh 10 the same number of Russian spies caught not to long ago.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I am sorry to dig out topics more than 60 days old.

Refering to the German sounding voice heard here
media.abovetopsecret.com...

It is German and it seems to be interference, it's a snipped from the news. The voice is very remarkable and does a lot of reports heard in the news on various stations.
Transcript in German is(for a native speaker its easy to understand):
"(...)müssten dringend saniert werden. Oftmals kann das Geld für notwendige Reparaturen nur mit Hilfe von Födervereinen aufgebracht werden. Deshalb ist es für viele Katholiken ärgerlich, dass neben dem Wohnhaus auch eine eigene Kapelle von ca 80m²(...)"EOT

A rough translation is:
"(...)had to be modernized urgently. In many cases money can only be aquired trough public fundraising. Because of that its annoying for many catholics that there's also an 80sqm chapel next to the house"

I can't find an article online matching all these criteria.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Yeah actually I was doubting that as well. Thought I'd post it anyway. If there is anything with russian text on it maybe that could confirm it but I don't understand it. Anyone here that could take a look at the pics that have text on them?

I'm an ethnic Russian. The signage in the pics doesn't reveal anything of interest. I've been to a couple of Cold War era bunkers. What I saw in the post here is just a particularly dilapidated case of a bunker(s). Nothing of interest or to tie it to a location.

Number stations are indeed a thing of mystery. And that's where our knowledge ends.

Would you expect a top secret facility to be freely surveyed?

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I noticed that the new NSA building has a radio tower could this be a radio signal sender for passing encryption codes around the world for military use?
cryptome.org...

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Vertigo688
1 year ago 3 41041 71231 34247 25115 06133 36335 45477 37623 65517 2726? ???02

That's what I heard, anyway.

Vertigo688 1 year ago 3 LCduT
1 year ago Yes, I learned Russian numbers 0-9 specially for this :-) Do you find it odd there are no 8's or 9's?

LCduT 1 year ago

I noticed this on youtube about a numbers station in Russia from a year ago. He took the time to write down the numbers and made the comment on there was no 8s or 9s. The Russian ES EVM from back in the day that was based on a copy of the IBM360 used only those digits. ОС ЕС (OS ES), a modified version of OS/360.

Im not sure if he has anything to do with this code but Konstantin Chudnenko created software GEM IPM.

I find it odd that Russia would continue to update this software when it is so out dated. Its like the US government continuing to update 8track even though no one uses it.

These number stations could be a type of radio broadcast modem for the old Russian computer system ES EVM. It would be the wireless modem of the 1950s 1960s.

[edit on 31-8-2010 by JBA2848]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
any one think the numbers could be map concordances, deg min sec? the 3 could be the last number in sec ie 41deg 04 min 23sec then the 02 could be the year of the map? 5 set numbers 2 sets lo. and lat. Just a thought.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
A voice transmission recorded on August 25th has been confirmed.

More info here: uvb-76.blogspot.com...

Someone has also reportedly vandalized the UVB-76 Wikipedia page, by removing all transmission dates, amongst other things. It has since been restored.

[edit on 31-8-2010 by mirageofdeceit]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Curious theory. Could you plot them on a map or something so we could see what they point to?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
What an interesting story. This is the first I have ever heard of it. It would seem there are so many curious people in the world that someone would go investigate it? A television film crew? Heck U.S. film crews are able to go to the Tunguska site. Why not go to the Broadcast station? Is it protected by Black trucks and signs like area 51? Or can you just walk right up to it?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by idonotcollectstamps

Don't know if this is really the place though.

From the UVB76 Facebook page.

www.facebook.com...#!

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
uvb76 seems to have ended.
They have been off for some time now.
They played swan lake does that have meaning?
About Russian Swan Lake.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Another Russian nuclear scientist tied to the word messages on UVB76.
Pavel Podvig last one I found was Konstantin V. Chudnenko.

Pavel Podvig
A physicist trained at the Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology, Podvig works as a research associate at Stanford University's Center for International Security and Cooperation. His expertise is in the Russian nuclear arsenal, U.S.-Russian relations, and nonproliferation. In 1995, he headed the Russian Strategic Nuclear Forces Research Project, editing the project’s eponymous book, which provides an overview of the Soviet and Russian strategic forces and the technical capabilities of Russia's strategic weapon systems. His blog, "Russian Strategic Nuclear Forces," updates this information in real time.

www.thebulletin.org...

Article about C3 of CIS Naval Strategic Nuclear Forces.
www.astrosol.ch...

So is the Russian submarine fleet why the number stations so active?

Seems Pavel is in the US.
cisac.stanford.edu...
cisac.stanford.edu...

[edit on 2-9-2010 by JBA2848]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Another Russian/US linked Dr. Nikolai N. Sokov.

Dr. Nikolai N. Sokov
Senior Research Associate

Dr. Nikolai N. Sokov is a Senior Research Associate at CNS.

He graduated from Moscow State University in 1981 and subsequently worked at the Institute of US and Canadian Studies and the Institute of World Economy and International Relations in Moscow. From 1987-92 he worked at the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of the Soviet Union and later Russia, and participated in START I and START II negotiations as well as in a number of summit and ministerial meetings. Nikolai has a Ph.D. from the University of Michigan (1996) and (the Soviet equivalent of a Ph.D.) Candidate of Historical Sciences degree from the Institute of World Economy and International Relations (1986).

He has published extensively on international security and arms control. Nikolai is the author of Russian Strategic Modernization: Past and Future (Rowman and Littlefield, 2000), co-author and co-editor of the first Russian-language college-level textbook on nuclear nonproliferation (Yadernoe Nerasprostranenie, Vol.I-II, PIR Center, 1st edition 2000, 2nd edition 2002), and several monographs.

Missiles
Russian and US Systems
Nuclear
Command, Control, Communications & Intelligence (C3I)
Nuclear Arms Control
Strategic Arms Control

C3I ? Could that be the numbers stations?
Seems to me this UVB76 is tied to nuclear nonproliferation talks between the Russians around the world? Or spies collecting data?

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join