It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian troops in Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
"Also Saturday, a senior Kurdish official in northern Iraq said Iranian troops have crossed the Iraqi border in pursuit of Iranian Kurdish rebels and are encamped in a border village about a mile (1.6 kilometers) into Iraq.

About 35 Iranian soldiers remain in the village of Perdunaz after crossing the border two days earlier, according to Jabar Yawar, a deputy minister in the Kurdish autonomous region.

Iranian troops have been shelling the region for days in pursuit of a Kurdish rebel group known as the Party for Free Life in Kurdistan, or PEJAK, he said. Iran has previously targeted the border areas in pursuit of PEJAK fighters."
Came accross this in this article, www.msnbc.msn.com...

The articles main focus itself was interesting, the sunni V shiite issue in Iraq rages on, with polical party leaders being assisinated, apparently fairly often lately

But that wasn't as interesting to me, as the pasted info above that is at the bottom of the article

Iranian troops shelling Iraq.

Whew, good thing the oil is spilling, the Koreans are quafing, and the floatilla's are floating, otherwise we'd have to spend our time talking about Iraq being invaded....

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Interesting, I wonder what the American military in Iraq thinks about this, maybe this could be used as a reason to attack Iran...

Hmmm...

'Never waste a crisis?'

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

now now
they are taking a leaf out of the american book of waging war and defence
take the fight to the enemy

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
Interesting, I wonder what the American military in Iraq thinks about this, maybe this could be used as a reason to attack Iran...

Hmmm...

'Never waste a crisis?'

Well last time they sold weapons to Iran through the Contra, maybe the Taliban will do it this time!

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar

Hmmm...

'Never waste a crisis?'

What makes you think it is not the americans black ops that are not being chased out of Iran ?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by LieBuster

What makes you think it is not the americans black ops that are not being chased out of Iran ?

Now that's a thought!

I'd buy that. However the end result could be the same... The American government would reject any knowledge of these 'agents' and spin it to make it seem like Iran is in the wrong if there is an interest to do so.

Kind of like America attacking targets into Pakistan without there actually being a war with Pakistan.

Is Iran justified then in going into Iraq? It would seem so unless the American government makes the claim that America is the only legitimate authority in the world and it can do anything, whatever it is to 'win the war on terror'

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by breakingdradles

Well last time they sold weapons to Iran through the Contra, maybe the Taliban will do it this time!

There's a lot of money in war and to make money in war there can't be peace, agreed. Spain sold weapons to Iran during the Iran-Iraq war despite Spain being a member of NATO starting 1981.

The governments of America and Spain were playing Iran and Iraq during their war with each other.

[edit on 5-6-2010 by star in a jar]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by first class soldier

my brother is a marine and he caims he will kill any rag head wearing arab. he also was an illegal but got his citizenship when he joined

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you the future of the US army.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
www.huffingtonpost.com...

US troops are getting outta there, the Obaminator don't want any excuses to stick around any longer than he has too....guess its their problem now.

Isn't liberation wonderful...
Ya know there's that "miss me yet" bilboards of Bush, think anybody is putting up something similar with a picture of Sadam?
oh, maybe not.

But seriously, its not looking good for stability over there, the democratic government who's elected leaders executing the other elected leaders, the neighboring county is lobbing bombs into it, with no apparent plans to retaliat or stop it...
So much going on these days!!

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by first class soldier

that must make you feel warm and fuzy inside then,
if what you say is true and your brother is seriously messed up in the head, the US military must be bloody despret.

maybe the Rag heads will get to him first, if he talks like that, hes not very sharp tool so i doubt he is a threat to anyone but himself

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Well, I found this article interesting. A foreign army encamped within the territorial borders of another country. Border disputes seem to be a hot button issue of late, with the US border fiasco, India, Pakistan, and China, and now border disputes in Iraq. Perhaps, the Nouri al-Maliki government has too much to deal with at this time with the insolvency facing his government. A foreign military incursion to his northern frontier is unimportant at present. He too is busy neutralizing the Sunni opposition at this time. There has been a surge of politically motivated killings of members associated with Ayad Allawi's party, Iraqiya. Although a Shiite, Allawi's party is a coalition between both sects, largely secular, and Sunni dominated.

3rd Iraqi Candidate From Sunni-Backed Party Killed

Gunmen killed a third candidate from the Sunni-backed coalition that won the most seats in Iraq's March parliamentary election, a slaying the alliance said Saturday was part of a politically motivated campaign of assassinations.

I find it odd that the Iraqi Army is not being deployed as a show of force to this Iranian incursion? As for the US and their response, well, they are biding their time and waiting for the withdrawal date. In the meantime, they will do everything in their power to not cause a ruckus or commotion. The overt military activities of the US is at an end, although, covert activities may remain? No country would build an embassy the size of the one the US has built, and at such a phenomenal cost, if it was not meant to continue influence in a country long after a significant military presence seizes. Perhaps, a soft-power approach will remain in the case of the US involvement in Iraqi affairs. Moreover, that seems to be the methods being used by Iran at this time?

Iran seen as using influence to help Iraq's al-Maliki stay on as prime minister

BAGHDAD — Iran is throwing its weight behind Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki's bid for a second term, political insiders say, an endorsement that could seal his hold on power.

We have heard of arrests of Iranian Quds Force in Iraq, and allegedly supplying the insurgents by the US during their significant military involvement. Perhaps, they too are resorting to a soft-power approach, and working the fledgling Iraqi government from behind the scenes? It would be a shame to see the relative calm and prosperity of Kurdistan descend into the chaos that has ridden much of Iraq since the fall of Saddam Hussein. However, the Kurds are a robust people, and will not take this incursion lightly for long. These people have fought Turkey for years, Saddam Hussein's regime, and assisted the US in their invasion and quelling of the insurgency. If these Iranian soldiers remain, I fear the Kurds may pick up arms if the Iraqi government remains mute on the subject?

[edit on 5-6-2010 by Jakes51]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcouncil=wisdom

iran better get ready. The US is just lookin' for an excuse to go in to iran.

2 can play this game.

Haaahaaahaa!

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
This story dropped off the radar faster than it made it there...
Guess we'll hear more about this when "they" need to make use of it...
maybe next month eh

edit'd spelling

[edit on 12-6-2010 by Xcouncil=wisdom]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Those Kurds, I have heard, are some tough SOB's. They Have Turkey attacking them from the north, the Iraqis in the south, and the Iranians attacking from the east.

History will show this attack on Iraq was one of the biggest mistakes in foreign policy in a long time.

Iraq served as a 'counter' to Iran, but that balance has been removed. Now the Iraqis are subject to Iranian influence, and when America leaves, Iran will have a new friend in the region.

Only time will tell if this comes true, but the Shiite influence is unmistakable.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Didn't see the need to make a new thread, when it seems to be the same thing happening again...IRAN bombing IRAQ
"While Iran has said in the past it would target armed groups on Iraqi soil this is a rare case of it actually admitting to an attack.
Iraqi officials have complained in the past about Iranian artillery shelling its northern mountainous region where armed Kurdish opposition groups have taken refuge."
= www.msnbc.msn.com...

Interesting note, this shelling aimed at the Kurds in Iraq was in response to "An explosion during a military parade in the town of Mahabad, in Iran's northwestern Kurdish region, killed 12 women and children on Wednesday." thats not the interesting part (well, ok it is interesting that Iran is bombing Iraqi Kurds = Sunni muslims, the minority in Iran who are mostly Shiite muslims, as a response to the bombing in Iran that killed Kurds)....what first got my attention was the reason for the military parade....

"The parade was one of several held around the country to mark the 30th anniversary of the start of the Iran-Iraq war."

They celebrate the begining of the war....hmmm

all quotes taken from linked article

new topics

top topics

join