It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boehner to Bush-bashing Beatle, apologize!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
"Sir Paul McCartney's cheap shot aimed at former President George W. Bush at a White House event on Wednesday has prompted House Minority Leader John Boehner to demand an apology from the Beatle.

McCartney literally gushed over President Obama throughout his East Room concert. “Getting this prize would just be good enough, but getting it from this president…” McCartney said letting his praise trail off as if there were vast volumes left unsaid. The prize McCartney was given is the Gershwin Prize for Popular Song, a lifetime achievement award bestowed by the Library of Congress."

www.humanevents.com...

“After the last eight years, it’s great to have a President who knows what a library is,” McCartney quipped.
That's the controversial statement.

So, my question is , why bash on McCartney for bashing the man who escalated ALL of America's conflicts, saw the collapse of the American economy, and stayed seated while hearing the news about the 911 attacks because he was so into My Pet Goat? My Pet Goat is the only book W has ever held in his hands. Musicians and most artists, really , are known for not having a filter between their brain and their mouths , but come on! Since when is W's reputation something sacred?

It wasn't long ago when people in America and across the world were calling for W to be tried for war crimes...

[edit on 5-6-2010 by dragonsmusic]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
And please don't write something like "boner and bush, lol". thanks

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Did you mean to post this in "The Gray Area"?
Seems very out of place.

Might fit better elsewhere.
Maybe Political Madness?

- Lee

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma
Did you mean to post this in "The Gray Area"?
Seems very out of place.

Might fit better elsewhere.
Maybe Political Madness?

- Lee

I figured it encompasses a lot of things. Mods, please move if you see fit. What do you think about this though?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Boner and Bush, LOL!

Just kidding,

But seriously, is this news?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by breakingdradles

It's news and it's my take on what happened and ten other things... I don't understand why people are concerned with where this should be as opposed to my meaning.
(I just made an edit that I think will make make my theme more clear)

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I was thinking of this as a personal expression like in terms of expressing myself. So this does not seem to be in the right forum now. It could be in the rant section. Sorry, though I didn't realize posting in the wrong forum meant "ignore what the Op has to say and just be confused like you don't get it"

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonsmusic
reply to post by breakingdradles

It's news and it's my take on what happened and ten other things... I don't understand why people are concerned with where this should be as opposed to my meaning.
(I just made an edit that I think will make make my theme more clear)

The reason it's being brought up is because the republican reich owns several MSM outlets including FOX. They are good at trying to paint people in a bad light to make themselves look better. Take rush limbough for example. His whole show does nothing but lambaste everything any democrat does and praises everything any republican does. His show revolves around stating how the republicans aren't quite as bad as democrats because.......
or
Oh yeah well democrats did this ....... and that's even worse then what republicans did.

The republicans are using every opportunity to try and smear non-republicans.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

I see what you are saying. That was clarifying thank you.

new topics

top topics

join