It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Footage Videotaped UFO Over Kadina, northwest of Adelaide, Australia

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

Thank you! MMM can you say Alien Smores? Tasty!

Greetings from CartoonLand!!

[edit on 5-6-2010 by GeminiSky]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by GeminiSky

Here is an example of what my video camera (a Panasonic) does to Venus when auto-focus and digital zoom are used. The effect is caused by the shape of the iris of the camera.

(click to open player in new window)

I think the "humanoid" shape is the result of something in between the point of light and the camera.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
I think the "humanoid" shape is the result of something in between the point of light and the camera.

This is great comparative video, phage.
Thanks.

Gemini, I hope this shows you what maybe in the video.

Certainly a high probability.
Enjoy the weekend.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage,

I see the point you are making, however I just don't see any of the heavy pixelation in the original footage, as present in your video.

You can also see the first UFO in the footage is NOT a perfect diamond shape as in your Venus video.

Im not saying that this is an ET inside a flying marshmallow.

But just to throw an idea out there, what if this was an image that the UFO projected on its exterior surface? Kind of like a giant screen, and showed a visual of an ET to freak out the sky watchers?

Just an idea....lol anything is possible.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

There is no need to bite man!, you have people helping you with your thread, a moderator with much knowledge on something that may help get to the bottom of this interesting footage and you have bullet pointed him, he's not trying to discredit your find just try to help. Anyway your right, he/she can speak for themselves i just see what i see.

October

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeminiSky
1. Please explain why you feel the videos were shot with a sony camera. And how Sony cameras create diamond shaped distortions.

As I said on my post (why do I have to always repeat myself?), from other videos I have seen for which the maker said that a Sony camera was used.

The shape of a small out of focus light is a result of the way the lens is made. Video and photo camera's lens (except cheap webcams and cell-phone cameras) are made from several elements, so specific lens constructions create specific artefacts.

2. Please explain why the second UFO shot is not diamond shaped.

According to my theory, it means it was not filmed with a Sony camera or that it was not as zoomed in as in the other case.

3. Explain how you are able to discern that the UFO was not high in the sky strictly by watching someones hand movements. And why the height of the UFO would be relevant.

When someone is talking about what he/she saw, they usually show things as closer to what happened as they can, so if they saw something high in the sky they look up, if it was close to the horizon they will look to the horizon.

The relevance is that something high in the sky is much less likely to have something between it and the camera than something closer to the horizon.

4. Please tell me why you assume that this is a recreation or dramatization of events and not the actual captured UFO footage?

I think that the video shows the images they captured on other occasions and that the interview and the people pointing and talking near the car is the recreation.

5. I can clearly see two legs, two arms, an oversized head and two eyes.
This is what I would define as humanoid.

I can't.

Does the oversized head has two oversized white eyes? If yes, do those oversized eyes look like holes in the oversized head? And if the oversized head is the top of the "figure", didn't you noticed that the "head" was not part of the "figure" at first and that only when both parts got together did they stopped the image to show the "figure"?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by October

I don't see anything disrespectful in asking someone to explain their theory's. And certainly nothing wrong with bullet point questions about bullet point statements. No one is "biting" anyone here.

but thanks for the tip!

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

OK, I see what you mean. To me the humanoid looks something like this guy:

Do you have any other theories on what this may be? Other than an optical illusion or something in front of the camera?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

No, I don't have any other theories.

The problem with cases like this is that they may have got video from a real alien craft and are talking about the shape of the out of focus artefact and about things in front of the light.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

No, I don't have any other theories.

The problem with cases like this is that they may have got video from a real alien craft and are talking about the shape of the out of focus artefact and about things in front of the light.

No way ArMap considering the chance that this may indeed be real alien craft footage?!

Yes I agree this is the problem with most cases, but as i have said before Occams razor isn't always the correct explanation.

This is a special day indeed! We shall celebrate with this breaking news footage:

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

No way ArMap considering the chance that this may indeed be real alien craft footage?!

Why not? I always consider that possibility, unless it's something that can be easily identified.

My sceptic approach to all things doesn't mean that I deny some possibilities and accept others, I just give them different chances of being the real explanation for some event.

In this case, for example, I don't have any way of knowing where the lights were, so I cannot rule out the possibility that they were stars, planets, lights from a far away house, LEDs or alien crafts.

PS: I make mostly posts that point out mundane explanations because people doesn't post real interesting cases.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I will try to make more interesting threads in the future Mr. Mundane

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Just thought id share this footage, as some of it is rather interesting, There are 2 UFOs shown on this video, the second seems to be an orb with an actual ET figure inside.

GeminiSky…..

"the second seems to be an orb with an actual ET figure inside"

As per Phage & Armap & other very knowledgeable members, this case demonstrates defocused point light sources that are not even validated as being in the sky.

The point light sources could be LED lights in someone’s lounge room or somewhere like that, as per many other hoaxes presented on ATS & externally.

These stills from the video show defocused point light sources, as demonstrated on ATS. The point light sources could be anything from Venus to an LED hoax to an alien mother ship! (well it’s probably not an alien mother ship):

This still from the video also shows a defocused point light source as per the 2 images I inserted above. The odd alien-type shape is intriguing, but smacks to me of (at best) random pixilation or (at worst) hoaxing.

This still from the video probably does not show a UFO expert:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/597fbecbd909.jpg[/atsimg]

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

[edit on 5-6-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

how do you capture stills from videos anyway?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Print screen function (next to F12). It captures screen shoot, then you can edit
on photoshop etc.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
It is very interesting footage to say the least, it does appear to be out of focus tho as MrA explained we do this this with some regularity.
Their does seem to be a bit of a ramp up of sightings at the moment not only in Aust but around the world.
I did see this on the nightly news and the people in the video said they go out on a regular basis to look for the strange lights, which then leads me to ask why they are not prepared better, i.e. tripods and better cameras.

Also a level 5 quake was reported in this area 2 hrs ago, and we have had similar reports of orbs and lights reported at times of quakes.
Or maybe ET is expanding their underground facility

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   

how do you capture stills from videos anyway?

GeminiSky.....

I purchased a good screen capture app.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Probably not an LED hoax either

at all

in any way, shape or form

So let's dispense with that bit of obfuscation straight away, shall we ?

Unless you're suggesting hundreds of people up and down the length of Australia's east coast ALL decided out of thin air to create a hoax using LED on a dark winter's morning before most had even awakened. And NO one, surely, would risk whatever credibility they have by suggesting anything that ludicrous

Or are they ?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Just saw the final photo (that of the homeless man ... yeah, nice work hero) in your above post

I don't think you're doing the establishment cause any favours

Looks like you're trying way too hard --- and prepared to scrape the bottom of the barrel in your attempts

You're working it way too hard, imo

Have a break, eh ?

You're losing credibility fast, pulling stunts like that

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

(that of the homeless man ... yeah, nice work hero)

Hey Dock you may want to watch the original videol hes no homeless man, just ya normal country bumpkin rugged up on a cold SA night talking to the reporter

Wally

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join