It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone having bad mobile reception in the UK

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
my phone has no service or my family, has anyone else?? they are different networks

the last hour has been lame service now its just gone

perhaps big sun flares?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
No not having any problems, but we did last week for the whole day Orange was down.................

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Signals fine here, you can check solar activity at:

www.solarcycle24.com

At the time of writing everything is normal.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by vesta

my orange is down completely and t-mobile service keeps flicking on and off when it wants

l

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Where in the country are you?

I work as a Network Engineer for a large telco (not BT..urrrgh), so might be able to give you a reason. there are quite a few fibre breaks dotted around the country and while you might not think they'd affect mobile, the traffic has to get from the base station to the core network somehow!

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

staffordshire

i know o2 keeps going down as well

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Looks like you are not the only one with problems

www.3g.co.uk...

Seems like bad signals

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by jumpingbeanz

Well, nothing I know of in your area. Between Basingstoke and Southampton there isa fibre outage on Global Crossing (which handle alot of carrier traffic), we (C&W) have one up in Scotland but not sure about anywhere else.

Another thing to consider, aside from Sun flares (which is a good and probably best explanation so far) is the heat. We're having issues all over with air con failing and kit overheating, would imagine the same is for the other carriers.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

right thanks for your help, wasn't sure if it was flares or not,
i'm just annoyed because I'm waiting for a job offer to be rang through and I have no signal what so ever,

I don't know but I'm assuming the networks are all getting worse like this recently.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by vesta

3 piggy back on O2's network, so that would explain things. If it is only them two, it may well be a specific network issue.

My voadafone is ok and I have full 3G reception.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
EDIT: Doh..that was from 2009....

Sorry....

It was a link to an article about some issues they have. Having read quite a few things, it seems that O2 have had a very bad year since last summer with regards to network quality.

Having said that, my missus is on O2 and she's still texting me useless twoddle. But we're down south, not Staffs.

[edit on 5/6/10 by stumason]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
*I must remember to look at dates*

Sorry!

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
There was just a thread about the same thing like 2 days ago happening in Canada. I can't find the link just at the moment though. Seemed liked several carriers there were loosing service, while others weren't affected.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I'm near Edinburgh and Orange has been terrible the passed few days..

Bit better today

bb

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I have a couple of mobiles, one's on 3 network the other T Mobile. The reception on my 3 phone has always been bad I have to go outside and literally go up a tree to get a bit of reception, my T Mobile reception is ok and I also noticed the reception on 3g dongle is bad and this is in london I now have a T Mobile dongle and the reception is fine much better and faster.

[edit on 25/05/2010 by restless genius]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by restless genius

I would assume such big companies like orange and o2 would be better not worse,

yes my tmobile dongles working fine but with some occasional cut outs, but my orange is just plain dead

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I have been having issues the last couple of days. Incoming calls going to voice mail, loosing signal, static and lost call. In Houston Texas. A little ways from you.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandletlive

strangest thing is I live between 2 mobile telecommunication masts!

I should get priority

edit k for i

[edit on 5-6-2010 by jumpingbeanz]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

3 and T mobile don't own their own networks, they lease off the other carriers, so they will always suck in comparison to Orange, Vodafone and O2.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Was going to mention this along with head aches, I also feel like something is going to happen??? Anxious.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join