It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I burnt a very old Voodoo Doll

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
It's just a silly little doll, I assure you that it has (had) no more or less magical ability than the teddybear I've had since my first birthday, Mr. Doodles.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monger
It's just a silly little doll, I assure you that it has (had) no more or less magical ability than the teddybear I've had since my first birthday, Mr. Doodles.

Im not the smartest guy around but this remark has got to be the most ignorant one I've read on this site... seriously how can one deny the existence of objects with supernatural powers... Try visiting some african tribes and see wether you still dont believe something like this to be possible...

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
wth you burned a vd? thats not gonna be good for you. you messed with super natural beings or the dead so you are pretty much in for some bad mojo

[edit on 5-6-2010 by first class soldier]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by faceoff85
Try visiting some african tribes and see wether you still dont believe something like this to be possible...

Well, it seems like you are an expert, so, without anybody having to go to Africa, why don't ya be so kind as to fill us all in.

What do they know, in African tribes, that the rest of us don't?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

you should research the history of voo doo in new orleans. haiti and africa also the shamans in africa

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

One rule of thumb is that if you ever have an object that you believe has negative energy attached to it, you should dispose of it away from you home…the farther the better. If you don’t do that, you essentially plant or attach the energy to your self and/or your home.

you can dig up some of the ground where it was burned, and gather as much of the ashes that you can. Put everything in a white cloth and sprinkle it generously with sea salt. Take it far from your home into the woods somewhere or some other remote location and bury it along with an offering of some fruit. Bury all of it together.

Just found that doing a quick google search. If it really bothers you maybe you should do that and have some peace of mind.

Source

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
voodoo is so cool
hey man u will be alright
i do believe in voodoo but i think u did the right thing and the evil presence left whence u burned it
i dont think it waS VERY SMART OF U but i think ur gonna be alright

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by postmeme

Lmao, sorry man, but that had me cracking up for a while.

Same as the other VD right?

[edit on 5-6-2010 by postmeme]

YAY.... someone got it

Kudos to you

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost

But what if it wants revenge? I don't like the thought of an evil doll digging itself out and attacking me.

What do you mean by it's spreadable?

VD.... is spreadable... It's contagious.

It's called sarcasm and VD (which I shortened Voodoo doll to on purpose) is also Venereal disease.... AKA, STI's or STD's.

Oh well.... A few got it.

[edit on 5/6/10 by blupblup]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Blehhh, I lived in Louisiana for about 6 years, and through Katrina. Nobdy around there believes the crap!

I asked the wiesenheimer who said we should go to Africa, to explain it.

Are you from Africa?

Seriously, the Voodoo crap in New Orleans exists for the tourist industry, only.

There are practitioners, for sure, but they are few and far between, and would be laughing at this thread.

[edit on 5-6-2010 by Blanca Rose]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

Actually it might be good to get an actual practitioner on this thread to answer the OP. He/she asked if anyone knew about it. So far people are criticizing him, saying he did the right thing or did the wrong thing. It's annoying to me that the only people answering don't really seem to know the answer.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
That is a bit spooky, burning a voodoo doll...

did it look like this??

When it comes back maybe it will look like this!!!

[edit on 5-6-2010 by alienreality]

CX

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Did you not think to get any photos of the doll Hadyn?

Would have made for a great thread, especially having some pics for more learned people to pick apart.

Can you remember what the words said?

CX.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
What do you mean by it's spreadable?

I hear you can spread it on crackers.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose

Blehhh, I lived in Louisiana for about 6 years, and through Katrina. Nobdy around there believes the crap!

I asked the wiesenheimer who said we should go to Africa, to explain it.

Are you from Africa?

Seriously, the Voodoo crap in New Orleans exists for the tourist industry, only.

There are practitioners, for sure, but they are few and far between, and would be laughing at this thread.

Well the point wasn't about how many practitioners there are but what I tried to point out and what you've confirmed, there are indeed practitioners of voodoo amongst the many occult themes out there... the doll in question doesn't need to have been in the hands of a voodoo-practitioner to contain an evil... There are many ways to allow evil in your life (note the use of the word evil, check around, no pleasant haunting experiences) but generally they (from a biblical POV they are satan and his fallen angels) need a human who try's to contact them, often using an object in the process.. this object serves as a gateway if you will. In the end god DID take away their ability to take a human form after they messed up with the whole nephilim bussines..
anyway burning the object (preverable not inside your house, so yes distance is advisable) will break the connection of the spirit from this realm.
I know several families being haunted or who were haunted and not 1 excluded all practiced something occult or owned an object or book used in occult practices and all of them confirm that its damn hard to rid yourself of a haunting if you dont know why they're around. One experience involved a rag-doll similair to the OP's and this doll was thrown onto an average size camp-fire. But the doll wouldn't burn well.. it burned really slow and it created a squeeking sound as you can hear when moist in a piece of lumber escapes. in the end it burned up but it had obviously burned in a very unusual fashion. Now do keep in mind i've not witnessed this myself but I consider the source trustworthy.

@ OP I think you did the right thing by burning it. the only way to know for sure is to see if the visions stopped. only time will tell.

good luck with it..

BTW thanxs for the namecalling Blanca Rose... much apreciated

[edit on 6-6-2010 by faceoff85]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
makes no sense..

even a little kid would find it and say.. WOW COOL..
I have to take a picture FIRST.. then destroy it..

then you run to the internet to post all about it..

sorry.. dont believe you..

not to mention the CASH it would have been worth (if it were real)

even a gag voodoo doll is worth 20-30 bux..

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I searched for an answer for you and found this:

"Oh for goodness sake. Am I the only person on this site who actually practices Voodoo?

If you're having difficulties with a doll, the only real option is to have it taken to someone who practices, preferably a mambo or hougan, and let them dispose of it properly. If you don't have any in your area, contact someone via the internet and have them dispose of it for you.

However, I would look into why you feel the doll is causing these things. Most dolls are created for reverence and respect, and it would be far easier coach yoou through using it to improve your luck than having it destroyed.

* Don't burn it, you won't be destroying the energy.
* Don't bury it, it's not going to help.
*A priest isn't going to help at all
* Selling it isn't going to make the effects go away.

If you need more help, i do receive email via Yahoo. "

from this site:

answers.yahoo.com...

For what it's worth, I think maybe you should see a practitioner of voodoo to see what they say. I don't know how you would know where to find one though. Maybe the person that posted that answer could help. Obviously, no one here will answer. I am very interested to find out myself, just because it is interesting to me. I hope all goes well with you though.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Not all Voodoo dolls are negative. Some have beneficial effects. If you feel that you are in possession of a negative Voodoo doll, the best thing to do is to put it in a white cloth and sprinkle it generously with sea salt. You can then take it to a river or stream or deep in the woods with an offering of fruit and some coins and ask the spirits of the water or the trees to take this energy and transform it through the power of the earth. Walk away without looking back and when you arrive home light a 7-day protection candle and take a bath with cleansing herbs, including sea salt.

Alternately, you can:

On a Saturday, place the doll (or object) in a clean white cloth, dig a hole in the earth, far away from your home (on Hallowed ground if possible), place the cloth wrapped dolls in the hole and burn them. Then, cover the ashes which remain with Holy Water or May Water and cover the hole over with the dirt. The earth will recycle that negative energy very quickly and turn it into positively and Blessings. When you return home afterwards, bathe very well, adding some Holy Water or May Water to your bath.

Now without a picture I couldn't tell you if it was a voodoo doll or a poppet. They are different and accomplish different things.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I also see people confusing African HooDoo with VooDoo. They are not the same. HooDoo is very prominent in Africa and VooDOo is still very very alive and well down here in Nawlins.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join