It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I burnt a very old Voodoo Doll

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Just been looking around the attic and found a very old looking voodoo doll, i didnt like the idea of it being in the house so i went outside and set it alight.

It sort of foamed up on itself and small thing came out of it, proberly ash and floated away.

Now i know nothing of voodoo, im starting to worry myself, should i have burnt it?

Any voodoo experts?

[edit on 5-6-2010 by Haydn_17]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Perhaps you should have called these guys, first:

www.history.com...

Who knows, you could have burnt up a few thousand smackaroos!

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

No way.... The golden rule of Voodoo dolls (or VD) is that you Never burn them.

You should always bury VD and never tell anyone about it....

You may well have just landed yourself in a whole heap of VD trouble.

That thing that came out of your VD, what colour was it?

Also do you know anything about the history of the VD or the VD owner?

The VD is spreadable...

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   

That explains why one of my grandparents spontaneously combusted

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

Best post of the week!

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17

Now i know nothing of voodoo, im starting to worry myself, should i have burnt it?

LOL, if you are having second thoughts, you can buy one here to replace it. Maybe nobody will notice!

www.spellmaker.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

The house was built in the 1920's, the VD couldn't of been that old, as it foamed into a smelly material (Modern Materials most likely) , the older ones are made of Sticks and cloth?

This one was soft, and colored green, it had seperate sections outlined on the doll, and strange words.

Really creepy

[edit on 5-6-2010 by Haydn_17]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
-anything weird happened since you burned it?

-what kind of weird words?

-was life so bad before you burned it that you were trying to get rid of something or hit the karma reset button or something???

-I seriously think you should change the avatar to a burning voodoo doll but that's just me...

[edit on 5-6-2010 by Signals]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

The VD is spreadable...

Lmao, sorry man, but that had me cracking up for a while.

Same as the other VD right?

[edit on 5-6-2010 by postmeme]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

i've been trying to think of an avatar to have, i think i'll steal your idea, you know where i can find an animation of one burning?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I had visions of the little critter creeping up on me and trying to attack me whilst i slept

Not sure what language it was, it wasnt English, Spanish, French, German or Italian.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   

LOL! Do you normally just burn things you have in your house that you don't like? There's got to be a better way to get rid of the things you dislike.

You sound kinda like the first human that discovered fire. Long story short, he turned into a pyro and started burning everyone and everything he didn't like as well.

I think you are safe as long as the voodoo doll didn't remind you of anyone you know. It didn't, did it? You might want to call em up to check if they are flammmming.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

No theres plenty of things i dont burn

I just hate finding strange things like Oujia Boards, and Voodoo Dolls.

Who knows why or how it got there.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
No way.... The golden rule of Voodoo dolls (or VD) is that you Never burn them.

You should always bury VD and never tell anyone about it....

You may well have just landed yourself in a whole heap of VD trouble.

The VD is spreadable...

But what if it wants revenge? I don't like the thought of an evil doll digging itself out and attacking me.

What do you mean by it's spreadable?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
reply to post by Signals

I had visions of the little critter creeping up on me and trying to attack me whilst i slept

Not sure what language it was, it wasnt English, Spanish, French, German or Italian.

Perhaps you should have put it in a box, and wrapped it in pretty paper, for the next holiday secret santa gift! You could have tied it up well enough to keep it from creeping out, while supplying a gift to a person who "has everything."

Perhaps it could replace the toxic fruit cake that makes the rounds?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

It is true!

VD is highly contagious, you guys really should wear protection if you know the doll you have has VD outbreaks.

[edit on 5-6-2010 by tooo many pills]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
to burn a thing like that means you'll break any spiritual connection that object contained... burning it was the wisest thing to do... the fact that it responded weird to the fire could be explained as the entity resisting its doorway being destroyed... One thing you shouldn't be bothered with anymore is the visions... so did you receive that vision before or after burning it?

[edit on 5-6-2010 by faceoff85]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
in order for voodoo to work, you have to believe in it first. otherwise its harmless mumbo jumbo. problem is, you are psyching yourself out.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I made a pair of saint dolls (Sts. Ann and Martin) that looked kind of like Voodoo dolls. Anyway, once when I was having a manic episode I imagined they were evil so I burnt them on my BBQ grill.

Nothing terrible happened to me. I might hear about it from Saint Ann and Saint Martin in the next life though.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
The problem is that you have no idea on what you burnt or what it was for. How do you know it was a voodoo doll? If you are that worried, and depending on where you are at, you may want to find a temple that deals with Voodoo, or Santarie, and ask them, they should give you more information, and either put your mind at ease or answer your question.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join