It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goliaths Sword

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I have had discussions with people about what Biblical relic or object you could find and have, what would it be. Most say of course either the Arc of the Covenant or the Holy Grail. I want Goliaths Sword.

So where is the conspiracy here? Imagine this, we all assume that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction or at least we were told that they did. And some of the members of ATS would even argue that Iraq has a UFO or even living aliens and that was the reason for The US urgency to find something over there. Well we certainly couldn't have that , could we?

What if Saddam and his merry men happened across the sword of Goliath?
They are near what was Babylon I know, and Gath, where the battle took place, was in central Israel. Maybe the Jews had it first. Maybe this is what the fuss is really all about. They stole my sword man! Or perhaps the sword was eventually brought to Babylon hundreds or thousands of years ago. What if the Goliaths sword was something straight out of Star Wars or even better? And ended up in the hands of a mad dictator. We couldn't have that either. What if this sword held the power of the universe? Makes one think. What do you guys and gals think about this?

This is , of course, just a conspiracy. Heehee

1 Samuel 21:9
And the priest said, The sword of Goliath the Philistine, whom thou slewest in the valley of Elah, behold, it is here wrapped in a cloth behind the ephod: if thou wilt take that, take it: for there is no other save that here. And David said, There is none like that; give it me.

1 Samuel 22:10
And he enquired of the LORD for him, and gave him victuals, and gave him the sword of Goliath the Philistine.

2 Samuel 21:19
And there was again a battle in Gob with the Philistines, where Elhanan the son of Jaareoregim, a Bethlehemite, slew the brother of Goliath the Gittite, the staff of whose spear was like a weaver's beam.

1 Chronicles 21:30
But David could not go before it to enquire of God: for he was afraid because of the sword of the angel of the LORD

Nutzo

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Thats a bit of a downer to think that a sword holds that much power...makes you think though....

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   
OK, at first I was like "not religous?" when they moved this thread from conspiracies in religions, but now I realize that I get more points for this board, so I reckon it's all fine and dandy. Thanks.

Nutzo

[edit on 10-6-2004 by nutzobalzo]

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Against the Spear of Destiny any day!

But seriously, you have to think about something when considering religious items from the Hebrew bible, especially the weapons...

According to the Book of Enoch, angels took wives of the daughters of men (we've heard this in the normal bible, too). God cast them out... but those angels then taught mankind the art of war, instructed them on how to create swords and such...

Perhaps these "holy" items are in fact what the angels brought with them, in teaching us?

Weapons with mystic properties... kind of puts a new twist on the aliens are gods thing, doesn't it?

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Yeah, but this is a documented event where a human, David, actually took possesion of one of these mystical weapons. I wonder if it still out there somewhere. If so, wouldn't that be just as important as the 'Roswell UFO' or any other extra-terrestrial item?

Nutzo

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   
ok....you guys can fight over the weapons..........have 'em ALL I say!!

I just want an apple.............just one bite even, of that apple of knowledge!

Typicall female you say!
hurrrummph!
I resemble THAT remark!

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess

I just want an apple.............just one bite even, of that apple of knowledge!

Typicall female you say!
hurrrummph!
I resemble THAT remark!

I would rather have a peach.

Nutzo

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess

Typicall female you say!
hurrrummph!
I resemble THAT remark!

...Or perhaps a Golden Apple!

Hail Eris

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I would go for the Burns bear from that episode of the Simpsons.

He foated inot N.Y.C. and was flown with Lindburgh across the Atlantic on the first ever trans-atlantic crossing, he was caught by Adolf Hitler who kept him by his side and then blamed him for everything in Berlin, 1945 then he went to the far North and froze, until chipped out of the ice for Apu's shop

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Ok wait a second; two things Nutzo. The first is why is the sword so powerful, where does it mention the powers the sword grants to the wielder. The second question is, in your quote from the Bible you said;

the staff of whose spear was like a weaver's beam
A sword does not have a staff, nor is it called a spear. So what's the deal and how did David lose the sword to Elhanan?

So far, I think your choice for an ancient powerful relic is very good.
Anyway, I think the Sword of the Lord sounds pretty bitchen too.

My sword has drunk its fill in the heavens;
see, it descends in judgment on Edom,
the people I have totally destroyed.
The sword of the LORD is bathed in blood,
it is covered with fat-
the blood of lambs and goats,
fat from the kidneys of rams.
For the LORD has a sacrifice in Bozrah
and a great slaughter in Edom.
7 And the wild oxen will fall with them,
the bull calves and the great bulls.
Their land will be drenched with blood,
and the dust will be soaked with fat.

8 For the LORD has a day of vengeance,
a year of retribution, to uphold Zion's cause.
9 Edom's streams will be turned into pitch,
her dust into burning sulfur;
her land will become blazing pitch!
10 It will not be quenched night and day;
its smoke will rise forever.
From generation to generation it will lie desolate;
no one will ever pass through it again.

God will stretch out over Edom
the measuring line of chaos
and the plumb line of desolation"

(Edited out some lines..)

ISAIAH 34

Variable

[edit on 6/10/2004 by Variable]

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Variable
Ok wait a second; two things Nutzo. The first is why is the sword so powerful, where does it mention the powers the sword grants to the wielder. The second question is, in your quote from the Bible you said;

the staff of whose spear was like a weaver's beam
A sword does not have a staff, nor is it called a spear. So what's the deal and how did David lose the sword to Elhanan?

[edit on 6/10/2004 by Variable]

Well David had said that there is none like it. I imagine it to be very powerful. And Goliath was a Philistine, what I think was an alien. So he must have had a mighty weapon. I picture the sword like this:

The blade is made of pure diamond cut to precision and sharp as the Devils tounge. The handle is made of some type of extra-terrestrial alloy that is virtually indestructable. At the end of the handle is a ball shaped prism, part of the blade diamond as well that runs through the handle itself and into the blade. Goliath would have covered this prism with a sheath in battle. But when uncovered and exposed to Sunlight, the prism would refract the light through the blade of the sword and out the end in the form of a great white laser, cutting everything in it's path into two peices.

And as for the second question about this verse:

2 Samuel 21:19
And there was again a battle in Gob with the Philistines, where Elhanan the son of Jaareoregim, a Bethlehemite, slew the brother of Goliath the Gittite, the staff of whose spear was like a weaver's beam.

The spear belonged to Goliaths brother , not Goliath. Goliath fell at the Battle of Gath, not Gob. I threw this in to show that these brothers both had amazing weapons. But the spear would be a nice find as well.

Nutzo

PS: Nice verse Variable

[edit on 10-6-2004 by nutzobalzo]

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   
i dont really think thats what iraq has but its apretty cool idea

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkDragon
i dont really think thats what iraq has but its apretty cool idea

Yeah me either really. I actually believe they were looking for a UFO. There was a supposed "Roswell" incident in Iraq in 1991 just before the first Gulf War. Then since then there have been many sightings in Iraq. But I do like the 'Sword' idea.

Nutzo

Edit: I can't shpeel

[edit on 11-6-2004 by nutzobalzo]

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 04:41 AM
link   
But! follow only if ye be men of valor, for the entrance to this cave is guarded by a creature so foul, so cruel that no man yet has fought with it and lived! Bones of four score and twenty men lie strewn about its lair. So, brave knights, if you do doubt your courage or your strength, come no further, for death awaits you all with nasty big pointy teeth.

Link

[edit on 11-6-2004 by Koka]

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Good read. Interesting. Is there more?

Nutzo

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I bet that manna is pretty good. I also wouldn't mind one of those Jesus-baskets that makes all the food; but I'd rather have it give an infinite supply of some ribs, cheeseburgers, pizza, and possibly beer if God would swing that one.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 07:17 AM
link   
You're forgetting water to wine people....that power would put California and France out of business for sure.

back to the sword though....

The Seraphim were supposedly kick ass. Michael, Gabriel, Raphael, and Uriel, Metatron, Sariel, and Raziel. Any of their weaponry would be tough.
They were EBE's if you look at it scientifically.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 07:25 AM
link   

The Seraphim were supposedly kick ass. Michael, Gabriel, Raphael, and Uriel, Metatron, Sariel, and Raziel. Any of their weaponry would be tough.
They were EBE's if you look at it scientifically.

The Seraphim were Angels, EBEs sure, but Angels are holy. I believe that the Seraphim were at a different order than the Arc Angels though. Angels helped create the universe. Well actually just Michael and Samael (Lucifer).

I believe the story goes that Michael created the universe in design and vision and Samael used his power of will to create it, at Gods specifications of course. Without the two together however, it can not be done. And of course as we now Samael, Lucifers original Angel name, and Michael don't play for the same team anymore.

There would be no power greater than the creation of the universe. I doubt the Angels would need weapons.

Nutzo

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   
If you guys want a powerful Biblical weapon, look no further than Moses' staff. OK he pinched it off Asclepius and another religion but then who wouldn't?.
One waggle and you got a plague of locusts. Swing it about again and there's rivers of blood. Awesome!!!! Goliath's sword? Pah!!!! Who wants to cut someones head off when you can kill all their first born with a waggle of a stick?

I mean, come on. Parting a sea is way cooler than anything a sword can do. If David had come at Moses I don't reckon his sling shot woulda stood a chance. One wave of the staff and David woulda been toast. Jedi light-sabres pale in comparison.

I wanna see Celebrity Biblical Deathmatch on TV.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I think ill go with Davids sling, faith can turn even the most mundane things into weapons of power. Plus he deep sixed Goliath good and proper.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join