It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa & DC to make preperations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
So now they are letting it all out.

June 4, 2010: Earth and space are about to come into contact in a way that's new to human history. To make preparations, authorities in Washington DC are holding a meeting: The Space Weather Enterprise Forum at the National Press Club on June 8th.

science.nasa.gov...

A century-class solar storm, the Academy warned, could cause twenty times more economic damage than Hurricane Katrina.

[edit on 5-6-2010 by 5 oClock]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
This is probably just the beginning of releases that will be made regarding the changes going on all around us. There have been a lot of strange activity with volcanoes, earthquakes, weather, etc. that have yet to be explained.

I think TPTB are trying to slowly prepare the people who pay attention to this type of stuff, and leaving the under-informed in the dark. Hopefully dedication to research and crazed internet surfing will finally pay off.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
There's another thread on this in the breaking alternative forum by spacecadet.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
This is very encouraging.
I guess the concerns are being taken seriously, and they are getting the attention of people who can actually act upon them.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

What's funny in a sad way, is the fact that this has been discussed on ATS & other sites for sooo long now. There's really not a whole lot of prep. we can do against this besides dig a big hole
or find a deep cave.
I think I join the Amish, they'll know what to without our of the gadgets we depend on.

Lancaster PA here we come!

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by 5 oClock

You go have fun with the Amish and I'll stay here and get my B.O.B ready and start loading magazines.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45

You go have fun with the Amish and I'll stay here and get my B.O.B ready and start loading magazines.

Who says I won't have my BOB with me.

Maybe ATS can pony up the $50. registration fee & send on of us.

www.nswp.gov...

Registration Required
The forum is open to the public on a first-come, first-served basis but a registration fee of $50 is required for all attendees. Register online by clicking on the Registration link on this page.

[edit on 5-6-2010 by 5 oClock]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   

I think it would be very interesting to hear what goes on at SWEF. Hopefully someone on ATS will be "in the know" and fill us in.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   

This is every interesting that they are actually talking about this now..

it makes my conspiratorial mind wonder..

If the event is open to the public, perhaps it will be shown on CSPAN 3 or the NASA channel?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
does anybody know what the effects of the solar wind will have on earth on the dates the energy reaches us june 6-7-8?
the reason i ask is i will be travelling closer to the equater. will it be hotter? or will we see a light show (aurora borealis)? what will, if anything happen?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by broahes

there is a NASA channel?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by da elohim

Yes.. believe it or not.

NASA TV

For the most part it.. is.. boring..

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
This is a great site w/some cool vids. He sorta lumps all the other space weather/magnetosphere sites into 1 spot.

prop.hfradio.org...

new topics

top topics

join