It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What religion would be offended if the existence of Aliens was confirmed???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Honestly what religions would be offended?

Often I get the feeling that one of the main reasons why the government doesnt want to disclose anything right now is becuase many religions may be offended. This could cause a riot becuase people arent ready for the truth. Well all I can say is if you can't handle the truth then too bad. But I would like to know which religions would be offended if the government were to disclose something of this nature? I havent heard of any religious books that specifically state, "Intelligent life does not exist elsewhere."

Another reason I feel for the lack of disclosure is becuase people may start to point the finger at the government at not telling the whole truth dealing with abductions. In that case, maybe the government can start out small and say that bacterial life once existed on mars(if that's true).

A third reason for the lack of disclosure is becuase the government may be in too deep. An example of this is bases such as Area 51 and the accusations that they have been makeing flying saucers. But sooner or later all of this has a strong potential of coming out and rather then giving the public a rude awakening, maybe we should proceed by starting out small and saying "bacterial life does exist out in space" or something like that.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I don't know how many would take offence, but they would certainly then have to start actually reading scripture. They would have to re-define a lot of their beliefs. It is there in the Bible if they look. They won't have to change the Bible , just the way it is taught.

It would however create many new religions.

Nutzo

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure if alien life was proved to exist most religions would see that as a threat as it would put their own doctrines into question. Wouldn't that fact suggest that the various established religions around the world would seek to discredit those who believe in extraterretrial life?

Actually this might be better in the religious conspiracy forum.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I think that if this happened, the worlds religeons would not change - except instead of thinking of God and heaven as a 'floaty' they'd become physical.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Seems not to be a problem for the Catholic Church.
Monsignore Corrado Balducci

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 07:48 AM
link   
The real question is can an unnaccepting fanatic admit they were wrong this whole time when faced with undeniable proof. You can either accept it and change your beleifs or choose to live in a lie.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 07:54 AM
link   
It's only the extremist elements of the monotheistic religions that might be offended. The ones that I primarily see denouncing the idea are the fundamentalist Christians, though I suspect the very uneducated and fundamentalist Islamics would as well.

To everyone else, it's a non-issue.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 08:41 AM
link   
It would offend alot of them, Mainly Christians they would have to change there BS notion of Creation!

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Typically when something doesn't fit into peoples faith/religion or scripture it is labeled "demonic" and automatically condemned as a tactic of cunning demons. Most major religions did this hundreds of years ago and it's obvious by some posts on this board they still do it. The unknown scares most religious people and offends their ego. Most believe that their god is the only god and their faith is the only faith and their salvation is the only way to paradise and they take immense pride in knowing what the afterlife will be like because they all believe they'll be living in paradise after death. The unknown tends to confront their belief systems and force questions into their belief systems and instead of confronting them and possibly admitting they were wrong it's labeled demonic and...

• Burned
  • Murdered
  • Hidden
  • Ridiculed
  • Rewritten

In my opinion the world would be in serious trouble if Aliens were disclosed to the world. It's one thing to insist the unexplained is demonic because it doesn't fit into scripture, it's another thing when those "demons" are in your personal space. There will definitely be problems.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Well when you label, Catholic or Chritian, You should put Psycho in front of it.

I am Catholic, I beleive in Jesus. But I also have no doubt there is life everywhere in the universe, I think saying other wise it vain. I also dont beleive in creation etc. its just plain silly. Most Priests I know, (when they are done fondleing me Sorry could resist) =) They dont beleive in it either.

Most people are smart. Crazy ones are crazy ones if it was religon it would be something else.

I beleive that GoD what ever that may be, started the Something that came from nothing, Whether it be multiple univerese etc. what ever. But there was a program (for lack of a better word) and it was set in motion to create things on a dynamic level. Aliens could come down and say you are our DNA, or these stories in the bible are us not God. But, what does that mean? Doesnt mean there isnt GOD just means its so much more of a bigger thing that a 2000 yr old book could describe

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I believe their is also references in the bible that god made other beings other than man and (gave them inteligance like us in the way that they can create and work together/co-operate) so it would probly just make christanity the same

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   
ShiftTrio you almost have it.

Most of the major, bible thumpers that are too ignorant to accept the fact that GOD is greater then ONE book, would have a tough time when confronted with hard evidence of extraterrestrial life.

GOD never ruled out life on other planets, in other solar systems, JUST THAT HE CREATED LIFE HERE, ON EARTH, IN HIS IMAGE. He might have created life on other planets (or at least intended that life would spring up) in his image as well. But I think GOD was/is playing a numbers game and the way life develops still has a "Randomness" to it. So GOD observes and fine tunes the probabilities until he is happy. Sometimes life turns out bad and the savages destroy them selves, or provoke GOD with such anger and disrespect that GOD himself destroys them. Why does GOD have to be the peace loving and caring GOD ? GOD is creater than all things Man can imagine, greater in love, greater in caring, greater in his ability to endure suffering and pain, greater in war, greater in vengefullness, greater in anger. Basically any emotion man can have, GOD has the greatest attribute in that emotion. He is all and everything is of him. That is why GOD said I AM who I AM. WHO ever YOU say he is, HE is. IF you say he is the rock in the quite stream, then HE is the rock. If you say HE is the sun in the sky, then so shall it be that HE is the sun in the sky. And if you say HE is the moon, that chases away the sun, then HE is the moon. Why is this so hard to understand. GOD is life, GOD is everything, GOD is in us, for he created us, thus we MUST be part of GOD. WE are not GOD, nor could we ever equal WHAT GOD IS, for GOD is all things.

There is no one religion, there is no one correct way to view GOD. For GOD gave man inspiration to think of all things. If man can conceive it, then it shall exist. For GOD would not allow things that are not of his creation to even have been created in thought.

Okay so all you Sci Fi buffs will say, what about this or what about that. We can not do those things today. True, only because we do not have a need for those things.

Technology, things written about in science fiction, are brought to life out of neccessity. Not just becaue it would be cool. Think back to Star Trek and the first episode and the "communicator" what did people think back then. NO way, never happen. What is this object today (cell phone). How about that thing that the crew would get into when they went to the surface of a planet but did not use the teleporter... What was it called ??? Why the shuttle of course. What do we have that goes into orbit, docks with orbiting "space craft" and then returns to the surface? Why its called the shuttle of course. What was one of the names. Enterprise.

See only when there is a true need for mankind to convert thought into reality does it happen. Maybe someday we will travel to other stars. Maybe we will find a way to go light speed or faster. Maybe we will even build a star gate and travel through worm holes to other planets. But until, we as mankind NEED to do these things, will these things come to life.

I had to add this

ic.arc.nasa.gov...

check it out, its the lightsaber training ball from Star Wars. In fact the article says it was conceived from the idea of Spooks Tri-Corder from Star Trek

www.wired.com...

Funny thing is I added the above edits after I already posted my thoughts about evolving technology, then I was reading wired this afternoon and came across the above "PSA" device under development.

Strange huh ?
[edit on 10-6-2004 by robertfenix]

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Well, in the Koran it makes references to beings in places other than Earth.

www.answering-christianity.com...

Sura 27:65 commands,"Say:None in the heavens or on earth, except God,knows what is hidden:nor can they perceive when they shall be raised up (for Judgement)." (22) This shows that,like humans,there are other creatures in the universe that will also be raised from the dead.

[edit on 10-6-2004 by hallucinated]

[edit on 10-6-2004 by hallucinated]

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   
What would happen if...an alien ship carrying greys landed on earth and a reptilian came strutting out and said, "None of your gods exist. There is only one true god and that is the reptilian god. He is the creator of everything and you shall only worship him from now on" I know other religions have done this sort of thing, but what if they had proof. I wonder how religions would act then. If the aliens where on the other hand atheists mmmm. I also think most religions would be excepting, but for the fanatics.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   
It would definitly offend most Christian based Religions. many people make th mistake as seeing the Earth as Gods only creation, surely in the infinitness of time and space he had time to make other races of living beings???? The hardcore fanatics would most likely dismiss Aliens as being 'Demons' or 'Angels' or something.....

Anyway theres some more thoughts.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Kode I would tell them to go (F) themselves. As they could not be the ONE GOD. As they are creations of the ONE GOD themselves. "Their GOD" is no more the right one, then any of the other religions on earth. All Equally the same. Anyone who says "Their GOD" is the right one and yours is not is trying to decieve you.

Just my 2 cents

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Hallucinated, you are right, Muslims already believe in other worlds and other inteligent beings, so existance of Aliens would just confirm their beliefs, not destroy them.
In Qur'an, the arabic word for Earth is often used in plural for example "GOD created heavens and EARTHS", many earth-like planets.

Oh, not to foget the whole jinn story ( no, not the genie in the bottle ), a race of beings who exist in a parallel dimension.

So, alien life? not a problem at all for Muslims.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Confirmation of aliens will not be a problem. It will merely be a confirmation of God - the Creator of all!

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I know many christians would.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Book of Enoch, Watchers, Giants...its not new and its in the bible

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join