It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black hole to eat the earth within 50 months?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Ok according to this guy, we are doomed in 41 months. November 2013 is the end of the earth. I guess the mayans were wrong!

Professor Dr. Otto E. Rossler says we have 50 months or less to live because of a mini black hole eating the earth.

It seems the translation from german is really bad... but you still can understand what he's saying...

Rossler: The danger is that a small black hole forms and then evenly not dematerialized. The probability is quite high that it flies away, but there is a completely small probability that it does not fly away. One wants to produce of it one million per year. Those are enough, in order to say that of it one will not dematerialize completely surely. This would circle then in the earth and occasionally with an elementary particle, an atomic nucleus or a quark would collide and it would up-eat. The question, which remains, is, how long it lasts then, until this small black hole grew sufficient strongly, in order to finally up-eat the whole world. That sounds absurd, is however last end very probable. There is an estimation with BBC Horizon that this 50 million years will last. That is the official Worst Case Scenario. But they forget with the fact that there is chaos and non-linearity. Thus it grows many faster. I came in such a way on a factor of 50 months!

Golem.de: Thus does a black hole function in principle? It eats atoms?

Rossler: Yes, it can only eat, it can not decrease, it is, it can dematerialize, but I broken-made, unfortunately that. Growth functioned thereby similarly as money by the interest and compound interest on the financial market increases. That happens also not linear, but exponentially.

Golem.de: The remedy would be another black hole?

Rossler: No, there is no remedy. The thing is hopeless, after 50 months the earth on a centimeter would have shrunk. It would be nothing more there, not only no more life, there but also the earth would be away, only their weight would be - as small black hole.

Thing is if the thing is driven by chaos, BY DEFINITION, you cannot predict how long it would take to eat up the earth... but he still says 50 months...

Otto Rossler wiki page

Otto E. Rössler (born 20 May 1940) is a German biochemist and is notable for his work on chaos theory and his theoretical equation known as the Rössler attractor.

In June 2008 Rössler emerged in the public eye [1] as a critics of the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) proton collision experiment supervised by the European Organization for Nuclear Research in Geneva and was involved in a failed law suit to halt its start up.

Rössler has authored around 300 scientific papers in fields as wide-ranging as biogenesis, the origin of language, differentiable automata, chaotic attractors, endophysics, micro relativity, artificial universes, the hypertext encyclopedia, and world-changing technology.

So he might know what he's talking about...

Still I'm for CERN and their experiments. If it destroys the earth, well at least we'll go fast and probably won't even notice it... if his 50 months prediction is right, otherwise, it'll take 50 million years... so who cares.
Probably will never happen...

[edit on 5-6-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
There's a serie of video interview with him...

Here's part 3.. I think is the most interesting doom-wise..

Part 1

Part 2

Part 4

Part 5

Part 6

Part 7

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Hmm, maybe there's something to this- I've read somewhere that remote viewers couldn't 'See' anything after 2012, that there was just nothing to be seen after that time

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
Hmm, maybe there's something to this- I've read somewhere that remote viewers couldn't 'See' anything after 2012, that there was just nothing to be seen after that time

Not even the web bot can see past 2012.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Wow that would be some sh!t... All this preeping for a mad dash to the hills and POOF!!! Eatin by an effin blackhole...Id be pist...Hope its fast and painless...

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
even if he is right would anybody listen. they will do these experiments regardless of the safty concerns. if a black hole opens up and starts to eat us all i can say is i hope your getting a piece of a ss when it happens. it wont save you but at least youll go out having fun!

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
It is worth noting that all the particle collisions occurring at the LHC @ CERN, or at other manmade particle accelerators, are a fraction of the energy of the collisions between protons ejected by the sun colliding with the atoms and molecules in our atmosphere (which have been happening for billions of years). My point is, if black holes were a possible result from proton + proton collisions (such as those at the LHC) then we would be swimming in them by now. The sun and earth system is the ultimate LHC- and we are still here.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
If there was a black hole then must there be tremors and some quakes from eating the earth. The force of a black hole are so strong you must notice it. We waith and see, or not

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
wow i wonder what a micro black hole would look like eating the world. i bet it would awesome from my window, first the mountains would disappear then the buildings on the horizon, with a big void getting closer and closer sucking everything into what looks like a big white spot. that would sure be something to see

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by T0XiK

hopefully it is not something we will see, but i always thought that a black hole would eat a hole through the earth, then come back and make another hole.. etc.. i always thought it would look like that sinkhole that is 60m deep.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
If I understand this correctly, I don't think he is saying we are doomed because there is a black hole close to us that's on it's way here, I think he is saying IF there were one close to us, on it's way here, that is the amount of time we would probably have.

Is this wrong?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlastedCaddy
Wow that would be some sh!t... All this preeping for a mad dash to the hills and POOF!!! Eatin by an effin blackhole...Id be pist...Hope its fast and painless...

Not exactly a pleasant way to go.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Well, he does say it could take up to 50 months. I would imagine that the speed in which a black hole would be able to completely absorb the Earth would be only a rough estimate.

For example, the tug would probably destroy humans and animals long before the actual core of the Earth disappeared into nothingness.

So, I guess that leaves open the possibility that the Mayans were correct in terms of human life, and perhaps this guy is correct in terms of 'whole Earth'.

I don't know -- it all sounds like a bit of a 'stretch' to me.

Further, the Mayans don't predict the end of the world, so I shouldn't have even tried to make the correlation I suppose.

Here's what I could find about how dying by way of a black hole would feel:

What would happen if you fell into a black hole?

Your body would be shredded apart into the smallest possible pieces. Neil deGrasse Tyson, director of the Hayden Planetarium at the American Museum of Natural History, who wrote the definitive account Death by Black Hole, imagined the experience as "the most spectacular way to die in space."

Closer to the center, gravity is even stronger. If you were caught by the pull of a black hole, you would be sent into free fall toward its center. The pulling force would increase as you moved toward the center, creating what's called a "tidal force" on your body. That is to say, the gravity acting on your head would be much stronger than the gravity acting on your toes (assuming you were falling head-first). That would make your head accelerate faster than your toes; the difference would stretch your body until it snapped apart, first at its weakest point and then disintegrating rapidly from there as the tidal force became stronger than the chemical bonds holding your body together. You'd be reduced to a bunch of disconnected atoms. Those atoms would be stretched into a line and continue in a processional march.

As Tyson described it, you would be "extruded through space like toothpaste being squeezed through a tube." No one knows for certain what happens to those atoms once they reach the center, or "singularity," of a black hole.

Of course, on a more positive note:

n a small black hole—like the one predicted by the LHC doomsayers—this dissolution would occur almost immediately. In fact, for all but the largest black holes, dissolution would happen before a person even crossed the event horizon, and it would take place in a matter of billionths of a second.

So, let's hope it's a small black hole and that it remains small enough until we are all sucked up and ripped apart. Otherwise, if it were large enough, you would be able to visually see yourself and others being stretched and ripped apart. I knew I should have stayed off of ATS this morning....

Source: www.slate.com...

[edit on 5-6-2010 by lpowell0627]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
Otherwise, if it were large enough, you would be able to visually see yourself and others being stretched and ripped apart. I knew I should have stayed off of ATS this morning....

no, theres no light in a black hole

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Slim

Originally posted by lpowell0627
Otherwise, if it were large enough, you would be able to visually see yourself and others being stretched and ripped apart. I knew I should have stayed off of ATS this morning....

no, theres no light in a black hole

Yes, I know that.
I think it actually kills you along the outer edges where you would be able to see 'out'. Obviously, by the time you get to the inner portion of darkness, you would already be dead.

If you fell into a large enough black hole, your last moments would be a little bit like being on the inside of a distorted, one-way mirror. No one outside would be able to see you, but you'd have a view of them. Meanwhile, the gravitational pull would bend the light weirdly and distort your last moments of vision.

www.slate.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I think you'd be spaghettified long before reaching the event horizon.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

ok thanks, i just thought it would have been just pure darkness, not that there will be much to see outside :p

but i stick by what i said, if you were inside the black hole, you could not see yourself and others being spaghettified.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...
Read: Recent Speculations:
"A more recently proposed view of black holes might be interpreted as shedding some light on the nature of classical white holes. Some researchers proposed that when a black hole forms, a big bang occurs at the core, which creates a new universe that expands into extra dimensions outside of the parent universe.[7][8] See also Fecund universes.

The initial feeding of matter from the parent universe's black hole and the expansion that follows in the new universe might be thought of as a cosmological type of white hole. Unlike traditional white holes, this type of white hole would not be localized in space in the new universe, and its horizon would have to be identified with the cosmological horizon"

Kind of sounds like the talk about us/world evolving to a fourth dimension!

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Not fifty months from now, though.

Fifty months (at least) after the time when black hole forms.

This event is supposed to have a probability which gets translated as "completely small". Even if this is a mistranslation, it certainly isn't the same thing as "has definitely happened already".

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I bet pharmaceutical sales (particularly for antidepressants) are on the rise!
I'm just sayin'.....................

Stop worrying about what may or may not happen. There are almost 7 billion people all having 7 billion different opinions.

Worrying about the future is a redirection of reality and form of denial for the 'now'!
If we listened to the last 10,000 fear-mongering forecasters we shouldn't even be here now after the Y2K calamity (that never happened).

top topics

<<   2 >>

join