It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High Weirdness on the Giza Plateau - Who is Dr Zahi Hawass Really? Shocking Facts and Speculation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I came across a recent article by Clifton Bertram of the Sign of the Times website called, High Weirdness on the Giza Plateau, I thought ATS readers may find interesting.

This article seeks to shed lght on the question; Why is Dr Zahi Hawass always acting so strangely and saying and doing contradictory things?

The author takes an interesting look into Dr Zahi Hawass's past with shocking facts and gives informed speculations for his irregular behavior.

I will quote a few passages from the web site, but please go to and read the whole site. It is very interesting reading, and is punctuated with videos.

www.sott.net...

" An Emmy winner and a self-promoter extraordinaire, Hawass is a veritable headline machine, most often to be found as the grinning co-host in Fox television specials and Discovery Channel documentaries when tombs are being opened for the first time. The Pennsylvania Gazette, the alumni magazine of his alma mater, the University of Pennsylvania, calls him "archaeology's answer to Carl Sagan...a celebrity...equal parts statesman, salesman, scientist, teacher, magician, and showman." Dr Farouk El-Baz, the Egyptian director of the Remote Sensing Centre at Boston University, calls him - not without respect - "something of a media whore". It's true that a Google search on his name will bring up more than 290,000 hits, and it's also a fact that he even has his own fan club. "

" He received his Ph.D. in Egyptology from the University of Pennsylvania in 1987. He has written numerous scholarly articles, and is highly respected as an Egyptologist."

" a young Mark Lehner was selected by Hugh Lynn Cayce, Edgar Cayce's son and heir, to become the 'inside man' in Egyptology for the Association for Research and Enlightenment, which had been founded by the senior Cayce in 1931. The ARE paid for Dr. Mark Lehner (a colleague of Hawass) to attend the American University at Cairo, and in 1974, according to Picknett and Prince, he wrote: that "the great pyramid was built as a repository of knowledge, and a temple of initiation for the White Brotherhood." It was also in that year that Lehner met Hawass, and the following year, introduced Hawass to his benefactor, Hugh Lynn Cayce. "

"According to Robert Bauval, Cayce paid for Hawass' Ph.D, which proved to be the Egyptologist's ticket from being a mere Chief Inspector with a Bachelor of Arts to the powerhouse he has become today.

"I got him a scholarship at the University of Pennsylvania in Egyptology, to get his Ph.D. I got the scholarship through an ARE person who happened to be on the Fullbright scholarship board."

"Can this possibly be true? Can the scourge of pyramidiots, the champion of an Egyptian-only origin for the pyramids and the Sphinx, the battler of alternative history proponents like Bauval, Hancock and West, be a puppet of the Association for Research and Enlightenment? A tool to ensure that Cayce affiliates and no one else is allowed to search anywhere near where secret knowledge kept safe since the sinking of Atlantis is predicted to be located? "

"But if true, it would explain a lot. It would make sense of much of Hawass' bizarre behaviour. It would also explain why on his own personal site 'The Plateau', there is information confirming that Hawass delivered lectures at the ARE's Virginia Beach headquarters as late as 1998, and why he still continues to do so, with a lecture seceduled for . In fact, he is still doing so, with an ARE lecture scheduled for October 8-10 of this year. "

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The article discusses Hawass's behavior in light of others findings at the Vally of The Kings like Andrew Collins's finding the cave system under the Sphinx and how Hawass denied it's existence, then immediately took charge of the project to map then seal off the area saying it was only a small cave for tombs of birds. This is contrary to Collin's video evidence showing Collins exploring the caves for many hundreds of meters.

The article also discusses many more things and gives much more information about Hawass. It is really a must see in my opinion.

There could really be a huge conspiracy here. I hope to find more information to shed more light on this subject.

Thank You for reading, I hope you enjoy the article.

[edit on 5-6-2010 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
S&F. Nice find! More research definitely needs to be done, and the Atlantis connection sounds more like fantasy than fact. However, if Hawass is/was a benefactor of the Cayce family that would definitely be a most interesting fact and would be deserving of further research. Hawass has always seemed to have ulterior motives. This might uncover why.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

I read about Hawass' connection with ARE before and I think it is true.

The most interesting thing is this 'white brotherhood' thing you mentioned.

S&F...my brother...

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
The first half of the article is essentially accusing Hawass of being human!

It's well known that he's egocentric and volatile...my last employer was the same. It's sometimes the bullishness that generates their success in life.

Of the stories, I've heard them all and have read different interpretations. Gantenbrink lost the patronage of his Uni Dept. which makes any contract with the SCA invalid. In that sense, he wasn't refused access by Hawass, the terms of SCA accept only Institution-backed researchers. This was put in place to ensure SCA knew exactly what was being researched and where. It has the added benefit of ensuring a time limit for excavations which has generated the increase of finds. An adverse side-effect is that life can't always run to a time-limit...now and then animosity through frustration is inevitable.

At the core of Hawass' drive is that he's an Egyptian. It adds a dimension to his actions. Did you know the majority of Egypt's heritage is spread across the world's museums and private collections? Very little of it is there by Egyptian consent....at least, not in the modern understanding of the word. He's worked hard to rectify that. He has national pride in the achievements of Egypt's great past. Is that so surprising?

So we have ample evidence of Hawass acting both peremptorily and even erratically. He is on record as opposing alternative history theories and 'pyramidiots' on the grounds that they slight the proud Egyptian people.

Again, he's accused of being human. That he opposes 'alternative history theories' is inevitable. He has a solid academic education and spends a lot of the year immersed in the history and dirt of Egypt. He works side by side with people who live and breathe Egyptology. How else would he respond when the Bauvals, Wests and Hancocks have the arrogance to suggest that centuries of academic and historical study are BS? They compound it further by accusing him of lying and covering things up. They are essentially insulting academia and creating a swarm of innuendo and conspiracy ideas that require the complicity of thousands of scientists and scholars across the world. For anyone who has been, or is in academia it's really insulting...offensive.

The writer does an excellent 'switch and bait' as he mentions the golden capstone. Before we know it he's added masons and Edgar Cayce. His only evidence of Cayce paying for Hawass' Doctorate is an unsourced hearsay quote. In reality, Dr Hawass got his PhD through a Fullbright Scholarship. Mark Lehner's involvement with ARE is common knowledge and he talks about it in interviews. He literally became interested in Egypt because of Cayce's predictions. Once he got there and began researching, he abandoned all ideas of lost civilisations, Atlantis and Halls of Records. He replaced 'alternative history' with evidence-based factual history. Once you go fact, you never go back.

At this point, my understanding of this article and most ATSers will be completely at odds.The remaining paragraphs are founded on rumour and gossip. I won't spend time writing words about gossip. The final addition of possibly the greatest conspiracy I've had the pleasure of laughing at really finished the article nicely. Hawass and his 'handlers' from ARE organised a Red Bull Event at Giza to distract people from noticing the secret shaft near the Sphinx? I wonder what the Red Bull guys were hiding at Giza last year? Hawass has the authority to close the Sphinx enclosure to the public...he doesn't need an elaborate international pilot event! Andrew Collins offers a far more reasonable explanation. He's also an ATS member and seems a decent guy.

For all the negative things about Hawass' personality, I think he's come to embody conventional, academic science in Egypt. If he wasn't in charge of the SCA, the evidence that contradicts Hancock, Bauval and West would still remain. The many, many ATSers that have personal beef with him won't have their dreams of aliens/Atlantis/resonators/machines/stargates etc come true even if he retires.

I used to believe in all these things at one time. When the facts couldn't support them, I abandoned the ideas and moved on. I'm posting this to put down my opinion about the article and Hawass. I doubt anyone will agree, but I've made my points clearly and fairly.

NB. this was a rush job if any of it is unclear!

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

For all the negative things about Hawass' personality, I think he's come to embody conventional, academic science in Egypt. If he wasn't in charge of the SCA, the evidence that contradicts Hancock, Bauval and West would still remain. The many, many ATSers that have personal beef with him won't have their dreams of aliens/Atlantis/resonators/machines/stargates etc come true even if he retires.

I used to believe in all these things at one time. When the facts couldn't support them, I abandoned the ideas and moved on. I'm posting this to put down my opinion about the article and Hawass. I doubt anyone will agree, but I've made my points clearly and fairly.

NB. this was a rush job if any of it is unclear!

its clear how all those that have failed just stopped learning.. stopped paying attention... but i guess they never had any good sense to begin with. its a field you have to stick with. you have to know that there were central and essential parts of the world that were just not available to us. i cannot believe the electron tigers didn't know this. i cannot believe the electron tigers never suspected there was a great sea in the middle of europe at the time of atlantis. i cannot believe how little they know and how much they think they do.

there is as wide a gap right now between real science and the electron tigers as that which the electron tigers believe to exist between themselves and "believers". its really good comedy.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Should be noted, that Mark Lehner, one of the leading Egyptologists today, was backed by Cayce's foundation when he initially undertook studies of Egypt.
He was allowed to study the Pyramids and the Sphinx, and he attempted to prove Cayce's work.

Since then he's changed his mind and is one of the heads in the field.

As I recall, Hawass started with a similar background.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
"Once you go fact, you never go back.

I used to believe in all these things at one time. When the facts couldn't support them"

just what exactly do you call fact though? as far as science has gone you could say its a fact that nothing is a fact, quantum mechanics already made it a fact that reality doesnt exist, so what the hell are we argueing anymore,

believeing in whoever you do now as opposed to whoever you did before isnt any different in reasoning, you as stated simply believe who ever APPEARS to have some facts. well as a cliche overused example, it used to be fact that the earth was flat complete with witness's claiming to have seen ships go off the edge into space. and the scientific authorities of that time corraberating the testimonies again as fact.

i think our search for facts is simply finding the winning side of arguements, the loser stops trying so hard to find facts, and thus becomes the hoaxer

but all this is just opinion so pay no mind, opinions are futile,

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
As controversial as Dr. Hawass is, he sure has generated a much wider interest in Egyptology. Admittedly, I was never much interested in the subject until Dr. Hawass began hosting television documentaries on the subject. I find his enthusiam to be quite contagious, as he can almost take the viewer back in time to the height of ancient Egyptian civilization. Because Dr. Hawass had recently retired, then came back to oversee the work going on beneath the Sphynx, it's my belief there is something of great importance to mankind hidden down there, and who better to explain what it is, or oversee any amount of information that may or may not be released to the world, than Hawass? I simply can't imagine him coming out of his recent retirement to oversee the exploration of a tunnel system that was used for nothing more than the burial of birds.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by pryingopen3rdeye

The comment 'once you go fact, you never go back,' was referring to Lehner. As I I already pointed out, Lehner went to Egypt looking to confirm his beliefs in Cayce's prophecies. Cayce had made a lot of definitive statements regarding the building and timelines of the pyramids. A good example is his famous reading where he placed the building of the Great Pyramid (Khufu's) at '10,490 to 10,390 before the Prince entered into Egypt.' By Prince, he's alluding to Jesus. Cayce continued by describing the building of the pyramid..." By the use of those forces in nature as make for iron to swim. Stone floats in the air in the same manner. This will be discovered in '58." Cayce source

So Lehner landed in Egypt with the expectation of finding evidence that the GP was over 12 000 years old with links to Lemuria and Atlantis. By extension, he believed a race preceding the Egyptians had floated the stones into place. I mentioned fact and it's important to point out that these beliefs and expectations weren't based on fact. They were simply beliefs. Lehner can speak for himself about this...

NOVA: In your extensive work and research at Giza have you ever once questioned whether humans built the pyramids?

LEHNER: No. But have I ever questioned whether they had divine or super intelligent inspiration? I first went to Egypt in 1972 and ended up living there 13 years. I was imbued with ideas of Atlantis and Edgar Cayce and so on. So I went over, starting from that point of view, but everything I saw told me, day by day, year by year, that they were very human and the marks of humanity are everywhere on them. And you see there's this curious reversal where sometimes New Age theorists say that Egyptologists and archaeologists are denigrating the ancient culture. They sometimes put up a scarecrow argument that we say they were primitive. And the New Agers sometimes want to say these were very sophisticated, technologically sophisticated people who built these things, they were not primitive. Well, actually there's a certain irony here, because they say they were very sophisticated technological civilizations and societies that built the pyramids and the Sphinx, and yet they weren't the ones that we find. So to me, it's these suggestions that are really denigrating the people whose names, bodies, family relationships, tools, bakeries that we actually find.
Who Built the Pyramids? Mark Lehner interview

So by referring to fact, I meant physical evidence and supporting data. We have the bodies and can extrapolate family relationships from graves, grave goods and locations. We can date the bodies via a variety of processes. We find the tools in quarries, on sites and in contemporary carvings and images. Bakeries, grain silos, food refuse, hearths and dental analysis lend further detail to the established understanding of the life of the pyramid builders. Much to Hawass' annoyance, museums have collections of papyri featuring court records that show very human dramas...gossip, theft, blasphemy, intrigue and marital problems. I can link them if anyone is interested.

The only counterpoints Cayce and the ARE offer are words. Hancock et al, offer more words and ideas. I won't ignore that some of their ideas are supported by carefully chosen facts. On balance, like the scales of Horus, the weight of evidence...facts...is far in excess of the 'alternative histories.'

Although this post 'seems off-topic,' it directly relates to and supports my earlier post. Hawass is an educated man...utterly fluent in the history of his native land Egypt. He's aware of the hypotheses of alternative historians, but the evidence and facts don't support them. The alternative historians are attacking the man and not the facts.

[edit on 5-6-2010 by Kandinsky]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
Hawass is an educated man...utterly fluent in the history of his native land Egypt. He's aware of the hypotheses of alternative historians, but the evidence and facts don't support them. The alternative historians are attacking the man and not the facts.

Thank you for the responses so far.

I find it strange if Hawas is such an expert in Egypt, why did he have to get his schooling in America?

I would never go to another country to learn about American History because it's better than what I could learn here. If you tell me American schools have better knowledge of Egypt than Egypt itself, I'll never buy that.

I do Not see a lot of alternative historians attacking Hawass "the man".

I see them presenting facts that support their claims and saying simply that Hawass is wrong.. that is why Hawass acts up.. he doesn't like other experts proving him wrong. It's all about his ego in my opinion and has very little to do with the truth of Egypt.

Example, Look at the weathering erosion of the Sphinx, which most geologist believe were caused by heavy rains. This would make the Sphinx much older than it was previously thought. Hawass refuses to believe this yet, when cornered he does not offer serious plausible explanation into why this has occurred, he simply says these experts are wrong... he presents no facts to back up his claim, when the geologists can show much evidence.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

I find it strange if Hawas is such an expert in Egypt, why did he have to get his schooling in America?

That my friend is because our history is written by those who were victorious.

For example : De Nazi's and Hitler are demons of the past. Their actions are highlighted with a magic marker.
But...
The allied forces commited the same terrible crimes. War is not a single player game.

Yesterday Mnemeth posted a thread about US treatment of German citizens, which I found to be very shocking. ( If it's true. ) Link : You’ve All Heard Of The Berlin Airlift.... But

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

If I were his benefactor and had an 'agenda' I would insist on close proximity to insure his alliance in serving at the pleasure of ARE in the future.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
For me Hawass is just a muppet, hiding the real truth of ancient Egypt, i would really like to see a live telecast debate with him and other researches to prove why he is right and everybody is wrong, even though evidence seems to be leaning to the contrary....

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Here's some fact I read about... I invite you to correct me, if I'm wrong. The King's Chamber is entirely floated from the limestone. It's the equivalent of building a recording studio, but in this case... Even the side walls are floated. Now why on Earth would this need to be done? I say we focus on initiations and acoustics, and not pander to Dr. Hawass' supposed brilliance. I use the term doctor loosely.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Americanist
Here's some fact I read about... I invite you to correct me, if I'm wrong. The King's Chamber is entirely floated from the limestone. It's the equivalent of building a recording studio, but in this case... Even the side walls are floated. Now why on Earth would this need to be done? I say we focus on initiations and acoustics, and not pander to Dr. Hawass' supposed brilliance. I use the term doctor loosely.

I read about a guy who made a scale model of the pyramid and using pumped water, proved the pyramid could be a sonic boom chamber for the purpose of producing energy i think it was.

He has video of this experiment and everything..

Edit:
Oh this is it.. I even had a thread about it.

Shafts under Pyramids at Giza may be a Water Pump

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I LOVE IT, put the pressure on these people to have our true history brought to light. Can someone tell me how to start and flag posts please? I'm a newbie :-p

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zules
I LOVE IT, put the pressure on these people to have our true history brought to light. Can someone tell me how to start and flag posts please? I'm a newbie :-p

Welcome. Glad you liked the thread.

To Flag a post, click in the "Flag Thread" red button at the top of the page. To star a post, click on the empty star, next to all the blue lit up stars. If there are no blue stars in a post, you will see just an empty star that you can click on.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
WOAH!! Amazing find! I'm pretty sure my mind was just blown.. and I haven't left ATS to read the source information! Absolute craziness (In my opinion) The last couple of years doing amateur research I've stumbled on what I would consider several different 'things'(trying not to derail) that rock the foundation of my belief systems, knowledge of history, etc... And I have to say.. this is WAY up there!
I feel as if I were watching a great movie that was made better by an unexpected twist... then suddenly the movie was over and the story is so open ended I don't know what to expect next.. some other mind bending information out of left field? Only time will tell.

S&F!

[edit on 5-6-2010 by Solar.Absolution]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by pjslug
S&F. Nice find! More research definitely needs to be done, and the Atlantis connection sounds more like fantasy than fact. However, if Hawass is/was a benefactor of the Cayce family that would definitely be a most interesting fact and would be deserving of further research. Hawass has always seemed to have ulterior motives. This might uncover why.

Have you even bothered to read all of the article?

the Atlantis connection sounds more like fantasy than fact.

I say its more fact then fantasy.

if you even didn't even bothered reading the end part

So what is really going on with all the high weirdness at Giza? Nothing more than extreme sports and massive coincidence? Or something more sinister relating to a race to uncover Cayce's mythical Hall of Records, a quest that has been secretly been going on for decades? Dr Zahi Hawass, for one, isn't telling.

That Red Bull Crap was nothing more then cover up, for whats really going underneath the giza, honestly why did Red Bull even bother with Egypt? eh there drinks aren't so famous anymore, and even there TV ads count are rare.

So you got ask yourselves whats really happening.

[edit on 5-6-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
If I can just add my tuppence worth...

As detailed in the well presented book "the Stargate Conspiracy" (apologies, I don't know how to post a link), it would appear that Zahi Hawass is working for other people.
After following his actions for many years, I have found myself compelled to believe the book. Too much underhandedness, too much cover and even media blackouts.

He is an ego-maniac of the highest extreme and for this, if nothing else, we cannot trust him. IMHO, he is as straight as a 3 pound note.

What can we do?

I dunno?

One thing I do know, is that whatever information was left for humanity to digest, shall not be divulged to merely a few, however much they try to hide it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join