It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sun Rips in 2 with huge Coronal Hole - Solar wind Incoming!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I don't know if the CME's had to do with this bad heat in Texas we are having. My GOD though Monday it was 80 degrees around 6am and today around 5am it is around 77 degrees. Normal for this morning is around 60 degrees even for the summer time.

crikey this summer is going to be hot!

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed

Originally posted by frozenspark
doesn't the sun go through some extreme stuff every 11 years, and the cycle reaches it's peak in 2010-2012

[edit on 5-6-2010 by frozenspark]

I think the most recent calculation by NASA was that the Suns next peak would be around May 2013, not the infamous 2012 that most doomsayers would like to think.

It was originally forecast for 2012, but the timeline has been knocked back due to inactivity over the last few yrs.

Dec 2012 is still really close to May 2013

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

Northern Lights can also occur near the many magnetic anomolies scattered around the Earth. I've seen northern lights many times in Central Ontario "Cottage Country" as the theory behind them being so regular and that far south is that that region has a large Iron deposit under it causing an area of geo-magnetic disturbance.

This situation on the sun has probably occured before and will occur again. It doesn't mean that it's not something to be concerned about. The Sun has the potential to very easily send us back 100 years for 4-12 months or more.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I don't know if this is even relevant but I was watching the SOHO images and... is this square a glitch? Thought it may interesting:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
[edit on 10-6-2010 by Gangaajal681]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Dear Sir,

Just felt like sharing with you.... what I see here with my eyes gets reflected in the SOHO satellite images..... WHY ?

www.facebook.com...

And the story..... might sound like as if coming from a lunatic.... but everything including your gizmos, and cars I fix.... I am just a mechanic...

www.facebook.com...

and few others.... are here...

www.facebook.com...

www.facebook.com...

www.facebook.com...

www.facebook.com...

And please don't worry about the sun's corona splitting in two... had been out for a ride on the bike, did watch newer hot babes many, brought a smile to my face, and corona was also fixed... and that was imm....

would have preferred though, if NASA had telephoned & wired some money to my account......

I guess, Everyone does know what to do, if you find the SUN GOD crawling with you all... just like the other humans... maybe you are a sun too, but must be little far...

Thank you....

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
The Coronal Hole has came around again to greet us. And yet again we shall have another dose of Increased Solar Wind hitting soon -

A solar wind stream flowing from the indicated coronal hole is expected to hit Earth on or about June 16th

www.spaceweather.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DEEZNUTZ

Northern Lights can also occur near the many magnetic anomolies scattered around the Earth. I've seen northern lights many times in Central Ontario "Cottage Country" as the theory behind them being so regular and that far south is that that region has a large Iron deposit under it causing an area of geo-magnetic disturbance

Really?, I did'nt know that. Interesting stuff. Will have to have a hunt for some info on this.

cheers.
g

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
The best place I've found to research the sun is: www.solarcycle24.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

Well Aurora Borealis are high altitude static discharges so a disturbance in a local area of the magnetic shield can produce the samething at lower lattitudes.

In Tobermory, Ontario where I spent most of my weekends as a kid scuba diving. They were green and shimmered up to form almost like a Cathedral Point over the town.

Very cool. Of course I don't have any pictures.

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join