Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Sun Rips in 2 with huge Coronal Hole - Solar wind Incoming!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Just hope something bigger doesn't shoot out of the sun after this or else, we'll be living back in the dark ages for the next couple months to a year.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
The way I understand it is this - being fascinated with the idea that we can be wiped out from one sun fart an' all.

The sun's dynamics are really amazing...it's basically a big ball of liquid. That means the equator and the poles move at different speeds more or less. Having a core that's incredibly dense/compressed hydrogen into super-molten super-metals, the sun's magnetic field is second to none.

Solar maximums, I believe, are when the the magnetic fields simply "snap" from the stress of being warped too drastically from the fluid-like dynamics of the suns equatorial and polar velocity differences. Think of these magnetic field lines being stretched like rubber bands until they can't handle it anymore.

These snaps are the "maximums", and launch sun farts exactly like a slingshot

All we need to do is make sure all devices that have an electric current are OFF. If these events happened in the past, we wouldn't know more or less.

Problem is, scientists are having a rough time predicting exactly when these sun burps will come...maybe the sun will blast us back into the stone age...would that really be a bad thing? Back to our humble beginnings and the stinging slap to the face like lesson on our over-reliance on technology.

Some of it needed - most of it not.

I think that's how it goes. Feel free to correct me.

diarrhea of the brain..sorry.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

Nicely juxtaposed. don't want to get too off topic though

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by first class soldier
im sorry but i think this whole sun stuff is way too much paranoia.. god created the universe and everything in it.. he knows whats.going on and controls the sun. so dont worry about it we will be fine we got bigger things ahead

What makes you think a cleansing of the earth is not in order? We haven’t exactly been good to our mother.

Originally posted by randyvs

Man that is a negative. And from someone I think of as simalar to an elder.
I had to give him the practical nod, cause I felt like an idiot with the nieghbors looking at me, looking at the sun, with my welders mask on.
On the front lawn no less.

Greyhound

[edit on 5-6-2010 by randyvs]

Yer killin me! I read that and spit my coffee, for that you cannot be forgiven, but for the bellyaching laugh I am warming up to you!

Originally posted by Subjective1
Awsome, gonna get freaky down here.
I've we wake up one day and nothing electronical works, we know what happened.

Every day it starts looking more like the mayans and all those other ancient civilizations were right.
Things are gonna get real strange!

Agreed, grab yer chisels and start learning to write in stone so the next generation will know what to expect. I sure hope they can decode alott better than us.

Originally posted by 5 oClock
Crap! I hope the title is mis-leading. Sittin in a quite cove right now w/Jimmy Buffet playin, sippin a cold one. 92• in the shade . I just had to see what was going on in the world didn't I??

Cmon! Get real Jimmy buffet I still have on 33 LP and beer I will be making days after we have no electricity. Our path shall not be cluttered with garbage like the Blackberry generation.
(note) must get batteries for the fishfinder, fishing pole is manual crank.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

S+F.

Good find.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by martinkb

He's saying around 5 minutes that the coronal hole observed in the sun will be equivalent to the earthquake magnitude when it takes place on earth. Have you seen the black coronal line that goes across the sun? It's on ATS right now. If that guy is right then that coronal hole/massively long black line that basically splits the sun in half is signifying the biggest of quakes yet to come.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
apart from quakes, will the temperature heat up when this thing gets here?
I ask because I melt at temperature above 8 degrees >_

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Xadaz

I think our Atmosphere and Magnetosphere do a good job of shielding Earth from any Major effects, but at the poles we see the auroras.

I've read about long term climatical effects of Solar winds, but not in the short term.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Xadaz

I think our Atmosphere and Magnetosphere do a good job of shielding Earth from any Major effects, but at the poles we see the auroras.

I've read about long term climatical effects of Solar winds, but not in the short term.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Sorry,I am late to this thread,but has there been any reports of cell/mobile phone outages due to this solar event-
the reason I ask is that I know a few people in the North West of UK,ranging from north Wales,to Chester,and Manchester,who have all had no signal on their phones today.

Maybe its a technical issue,unrelated to the solar activity,but upon reading this thread I began to wonder...
In fact I deliberatley scanned ATS on the subject of solar activity,because so many folk I know were having phone issues.

Cheers.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Hi,

the solar Wind is not due to hit until the 7th or 8th. I guess if it bombards the satellite hard enough there could be disruptions on Cellphone networks.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
It will be cool to see how this all plays out. I drew the death card upside down for the month June for my tarot, this could be it.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
looks like the dark rift in the milky way...

[img]
[/img]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

Hmm,strange.there have been a few people from the areas I mentioned(NW England)who have had no signal today.

Maybe some phone companies were doing a test shutdown of masts or something,in anticipation of the next few days.

My phone worked fine though,but my friends were on Orange network mostly I think.(Im on T mobile)

[edit on 5/6/2010 by Silcone Synapse]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Good Grief "Charlie Brown" - this looks scary. After the solar winds arrive and whatever is going to happen " happens" - will the sun heal up again and become one? Laymans terms appreciated - wish I had taken more science courses in college. So the sun has been like in hibernation and now its waking up like a hungry bear to gobble us up?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Does anyone know if there is a live stream of the sun? It would be fun to watch developments in real time.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I have been watching the sun since 2003. Interesting to see the changes.

this rip is not going to cause us Human Beings any harm. Some of our "stuff" might get damaged (big maybe) but solar wind cant fry us or anything like that.

here are my bookmarked sites.
spaceweather.com...
sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...
stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov...
www.lmsal.com...
www2.nict.go.jp...
with movies after the day is done here
www2.nict.go.jp...

if you visit the lmsal.com site you will see top left corner orange image. This is what sterio behind sees. It follows the Earth in its orbit with a view of the sun that will be turning towards the Earth. There is another "rip" coming. looks larger too. ohnoosss lol

anyways its the sunspots i though we are to worry about.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
poking around my bookmarks came across this page.. I think ill spend a few minutes here..

sidc.oma.be...

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
There is another "rip" coming. looks larger too. ohnoosss lol

Where is the location on the second one?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by guavas

Actually us humans produce also electricity, 8mV i think. Cant turn THAT off ^^

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join