It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaza Flotilla Demonstration - Downing St to Israeli Embassy - Sat 5th June 2010

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Hi all,

thought I would start this thread to start putting some news up here about the Demonstration taking place today in London.

Should be a really big deal with a huge turnout of people speaking their minds in the name of peace and freedom.

Here's some info from the main site -

Saturday 5 June • Gaza Flotilla March • End the Siege of Gaza: Freedom for Palestine

Assemble Downing Street • London • 1.30pm • March to the Israeli Embassy

Speakers at the demonstration rally: • Sarah Colborne (flotilla survivor) • Ken Loach • Caroline Lucas MP • George Galloway • Kevin Ovenden (flotilla survivor) • Kate Hudson • Lowkey • Ismail Patel (flotilla survivor) • Salma Yaqoob • Daud Abdullah • Lindsey German • Tarik Ali • Jeremy Corbyn MP • John Rose • Yvonne Ridley • Mohammed Kosbar • Lauren Booth • Keith Sonnett • Sally Hunt

Why you should join the Gaza Flotilla Demonstration on 5 June

US citizen, 19 year old Furkan Dogan, was shot four times in the head by Israeli soldiers. The demonstration will voice our determination that Furkan, Ibrahim Bilgen, Ali HaydarBengi, Cevdet Kiliçlar, Çetin Topçuoglu, Necdet Yildirim, Fahri Yaldiz, Cengiz Songür, Cengiz Akyüz did not die in vain. The siege of Gaza will be lifted and Palestine will be free

Sarah Colborne, flotilla survivor: "We can't sit by and watch Israel violate international law every day. We want the British government to take action to ensure there are no future attacks on humanitarian aid convoys, ensure a search is carried out for those that remain missing, ensure that those people who have been detained illegally will be released and most importantly to end the siege of Gaza

March Route: The demonstration assembles 1.30pm in Whitehall opposite Downing Street. The march will begin at 2.30pm and go up to Trafalgar Square, up Haymarket, down Piccadilly, round the Hyde Park Corner roundabout, down Kensington Gore, and end outside the Israeli Embassy

Should be an interesting day all over the globe and right there in London. Any footage that comes up, please feel free to get it on here and get the message out there.

g

stopwar.org.uk...

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

HA!!!!!!! nothing will come of this. You cannot touch us, we are Israel..we are God's chosen people. It's said in Bible whoever will go against us will perish in eternal hell forever. Goy's can scream and cry all they want too, only we will win!!

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Jehovah_Yahweh

OK. I hope you find peace within your hatred and fanaticism.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jehovah_Yahweh

HA!!!!!!! nothing will come of this. You cannot touch us, we are Israel..we are God's chosen people. It's said in Bible whoever will go against us will perish in eternal hell forever. Goy's can scream and cry all they want too, only we will win!!

Is this sarcasm or a for real response? If it is in fact real, all I can say is wow. Way to contribute to the topic thread...

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Dear Jehovah_Yahweh

You know I really realty do hope that you real are jewish.

The Jews have been pissing people of since JC was a lad.

Then you cry when some one pisses around with you. Just typical.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
[edit on 5-6-2010 by FearfulButInterested]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Jehovah here is posting this same stuff on several threads so I thought I would return the favor...

Originally posted by twitchy
Don't fall for these kinds of posts guys, any mouse can smell cheese but only the smartest of them smell the springs and wires.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Lets hope these so called peace protesters can keep their protest peaceful and not turn to violence ...

if they do the police need to crack down hard on them because law abiding people are sick of these scumbags taking over the streets and vandalising properties etc .

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jehovah_Yahweh

The BIBLE LOL ha ha ha obvious troll is obvious lol oh man you SLAY me protip: Also says in the bible if you cut your hair you loose your strength and cedar wood and 2 crows can magically cure cancer.

Go back to 4chan's main forum and troll the newguy's there you are WAYYYY to obvious here... Did make my day though. :3

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   

whatever helps you sleep at night buddy

S&F op, i wish there were more concerned people out there!

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Coo
Lets hope these so called peace protesters can keep their protest peaceful and not turn to violence ...

if they do the police need to crack down hard on them because law abiding people are sick of these scumbags taking over the streets and vandalising properties etc .

Think your getting confused with mayday mate this ain't going to be a full scale riot with our police. Won't get a chance they'll box them in somewhere some fundies or troublemakers might throw their shoes at the embassy. (although lose the comfortability of there feet at the same time :|) an odd arrest and bob's your uncle another protest done in London town.

Although i hope it goes that way i really do feel for the police who are given the god awful job of making sure everything goes smoothly when tensions are high.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Sarah Colborne, flotilla survivor: "We can't sit by and watch Israel violate international law every day.

This is what it's all about as far as I am concerned, and they have my support in achieving a settlement that puts both Israeli and Palestine people first.

I can't believe the silence on the Gaza issue by politicans - it's absolutely numbing.

Just a note: I'm watching Sky news now and they are reporting that the Turkish prime minister could sail to Gaza with support from the Turkish navy!!

Christ, this could get hairy. I hope cool heads prevail.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
My we are so lucky to be given the privlage to demonstrate nowadays but the same can not be said about going on strike because they are all deemed ilegal by the so called legal system that is controled by politicians that sell themselves to the highest bidder and these are usualy members of the internatonal banking system.

I hope the demonstrators pop by the american embacy and tell america in no uncertain terms to remove the nuke they gave iserail and to stop wasting american tax payers money on suporting a facist goverment.

Stop paying to watch american films, stop buying Ipods and using microsoft bloatware and this will get the attension of the american goverment even if they are deaf to demostration in all the capital cities aroud the world.

I would join the protest but it would take a bit too long and cost too much for me to get into London today but my suport goes out to them that attend and remember to take your videos cams with you.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Several thousand people gathered outside Downing Street in London Saturday for an angry protest against the killing of nine activists by Israeli forces in this week's botched aid fleet raid

Lindsey German of organisers Stop The War Coalition told the crowd the event was to show victims "that their death has not been in vain -- what it has done is bring to the world's attention the terrible crime of the blockade of Gaza

Many of those attending were from London's large Turkish community, such as 38-year-old Ali Seylan who said his brother had been on board the flotilla

Not just in the UK either -

Israel’s actions against aid shipments to Gaza have been the subject of protests in cities across the Middle East and Europe

More than 5,000 people turned out in Duisburg, with thousands more marching in Frankfurt and Düsseldorf

There were demonstrations also in Belfast and Dublin, where today’s boarding of the Irish ship the Rachel Corrie was denounced as a “raid” and an “unacceptable use of force

Franco-Turkish groups also brought tens of thousands into the streets in Paris, Lyon and Marseille

Not much to say really, apart from - "the times they are a changin".....

g

news.yahoo.com...

www.euronews.net...

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Some footage here from London -

and here's some images from across the globe -

join