It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Has Special Forces Operating in 75 Nations

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Is al-Qaeda Battle a 75 Front War?

With reports emerging that the Pentagon is looking to divert bigger portions of its budget to combat operations, it is becoming increasingly apparent that the Obama Administration’s global war on terror is more global than anyone thought.

In fact it turns out that the US military is operating covertly in at least 75 countries, carrying out “missions against al-Qaeda” around the planet. The number of operations is said to have increased enormously since President Obama took office.

Officials also acknowledged that President Obama was allowing a lot of things “that the previous administration did not” and that it was “willing to get aggressive much more quickly.”

news.antiwar.com...

like i said, HE IS WORSE THAN BUSH!!!!

[edit on 5-6-2010 by TheCoffinman]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
75 sovereign nations???

Thank You Obama
for invading the world.

NOT !!!!!

At least Hitler only invaded Europe!!!!

Terrorism is NOT a person.
It is an ideology!!!!
you can invade the whole world
and not defeat it.

But u can definitely go bankrupt trying.

I thought you were smarter than that.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

good slam brother, "at least hitler only invaded europe" 75 nations, what an outrage.. hes not only not reversed the policies of bush, hes had doubled them!! triple, quadzillionth them!!

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Well, Europe and North Africa...And then there was support and personnel in Japan and Japanese controlled China, and the Philipines.

Edit to add:

It is sad that Mr. Hope seems content with the status quo. If there are legitimate threats, fine, but those are rare and it is not feasible or practical for anyone to try to directly challenge the US no matter their standing.

We REALLY need to overhaul our foreign policy.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

[edit on 5-6-2010 by projectvxn]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
That explains that mass bulid up in bosnia, you guys know the old Inn Bosnian Sarajevo Hotel? while, when i visited bosnia about 3 to 5 years ago back, the area around it, it is been turned into a full base camp, almost like a camp zone, with slight presence of EuroForce.

You have to ask yourself why would america turn bosnia into a base camp?

star and flag thread OP

[edit on 5-6-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Any source per chance?

second line

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman

... the US military is operating covertly in at least 75 countries

Well this is encouraging news.

75/194 = 38%

We are engaged in military operations in 38% of the nations of the world.

Once we get those the other 119 should fall quickly to the American empire.

[edit on 5-6-2010 by Freedom or Death]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Yes a source would be great....
Whilst you are finding that I must point out...

Whatever happened to Cindy Sheehan and her followers of anti-war protesters that often followed around Bush calling for the end of the war? Why aren't they outside of the White House protesting for Obama to end the war?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
If the US military is operating covertly in 75 countries, we would not know about it.

Sorry, I just don't believe this.

Unless there is a mole in the top echelons of the White House.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

yea, ur right
I forgot about Africa
sorry, my bad

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousMoose
Whatever happened to Cindy Sheehan and her followers of anti-war protesters that often followed around Bush calling for the end of the war? Why aren't they outside of the White House protesting for Obama to end the war?

Obama must have offered her a WH job too !!!
Hall Pass Coordinator !!!!

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

No apologies necessary.

Even with all of the Third Reich's reach they could never have hoped to acheive what the American Empire has. No empire in the world has ever had so much power. Which is why I'm typically not surprised by this. I know special forces guys that have gone on dozens of operations during what we typically call "peace time" and in so many different countries.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by PayMeh
Any source per chance?

helping out the OP

news.antiwar.com...

www.wsws.org...

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

I'm wondering why you've written your own words and stuck 'em in an extract box? What's that all about?!

When Mr Obama took office US special forces were operating in fewer than 60 countries. In the past 18 months he has ordered a big expansion in Yemen and the Horn of Africa — known areas of strong al-Qaeda activity — and elsewhere in the Middle East, central Asia and Africa.

According to The Washington Post, Mr Obama has also approved pre-emptive special forces strikes to disrupt terror plots, and has given the units powers and authority that was not granted by Mr Bush when he occupied the White House.

It also emerged yesterday that Robert Gates, the US Defence Secretary, has ordered the Pentagon to find savings of more than $100 billion (£68 billion) over the next five years to redistribute more funds for combat forces — including special operations units. Mr Gates has called on all departments to come up with proposals by July 31, and is initially demanding $7 billion in cuts and efficiencies for the 2012 fiscal year, and further cuts each year up to 2016.
Obama secretly deploys US special forces to 75 countries across world

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

I'm wondering why you've written your own words and stuck 'em in an extract box? What's that all about?!

easy dude, they're not his words

there are words from this url

news.antiwar.com...

which he just plainly forgot to add the link to.
chill

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Hmmm, looks like he is looking to make more enemies...

War is business and business is good!!!

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Guess 2 illegal - immoral wars arent enough for the u.s. .. Go straighten out your messes at home...

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
yeah wow, theres ur link in the OP geez. yes, just plain forgot :p

Obama sure has earned that peace prize hasnt he...

- Special forces operating in at least 75 nations
- Still in Iraq
- Troop levels have gone from 30,000 to 100,000+ in afghanistan
- more drone strikes in pakistan
- involvement in yemen
- access to 7 bases in colombia
- backing an ally that murders innocent people

uhmerrrrika uhhhmerrrrika god shed his grace on theeeeeeeeee....

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I would think conservatives would applaud this... They did during the bush era. The only difference is that Obama aint messin around... He's going at this with a mind to solve the issue.

I applaud him for ratcheting up the pressure... I hope it's done in a better way than gwb ...

I want to know where the people are who said he was soft on terror? Palin and McCain both look like utter fools now.

[edit on 5-6-2010 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
If TPTB say spec ops soldiers are operating in 75 countries there are probably countless more that we won't hear about.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join