It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China going up... US & Europe going down~

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 10:40 PM
link   
hehehe, so true:

....I believe it is Japan that owns a huge chunk of our national debt. Hell, they own like most of California.

Don't forget that they own half, if not more, of DC.

seekerof

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I still recall Chinese officials saying that a war with the US is inevitable and they would rather bring the war to us under their terms. Because the US is their biggest customer doesn't mean they still are not thinking on attacking us sometime in the future. I am sure many Chinese people do not even know this,( what the Chinese officials have stated about a war with the US) but the Chinese government is still "communist" and they have many times stated their intentions.

BTW, if the Chinese lose the US as a customer to strenghten their economy, they will find others to replace us. Yes, its true that many nations would be affected if China decides to finally attack the US, but at the end people will try to survive, even if it means buying products from the nation that started the war, and if we are to believe what the some of the defectors are saying, this is exactly what the communists want, including the government of Russia.

[edit on 13-6-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   

The innovations still comming from the west, from WESTERNERS. Even if the company is chinese, its westerners doing the working and innovating because they know it will get them rich. They can return to thier home countries richer.

Not the way I see it. I'm doing sales here, getting all the money from western investors. The chinese are doing the R&D perfectly by themselves. Even more creative than most R&D teams I've seen in the foreign counterpart companies. Let's not live and argue from the past here shall we.

Creativity and Innovation was not on the curriculum of many chinese schools Some years ago. Now what has that to do with the Current situation?

In fact, I see creativity all over here these years. People use their brains much more enthusiastically than I see most people doing in the west. Chinese have motivation enough I can assure you. And private investment, business thinking etc is widly encouraged. Lot's of success books and inspiring reading material for those who like all over here.

Chinese people these days have access to Internet like everyone else, and what cannot be found here~ It's just that it's not one or two people here in China. Quite a few people want to improve their lives and have all the motivation in the world to go and learn everything required to develop fast.

Let's not get cocky around here. I'm just interested in sharing what I see and understand from living inside China. All up for discussion

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_ElfAnd Yog, I believe it is Japan that owns a huge chunk of our national debt.

It's both China and Japan.

CHINA had US$440 billion (S$755.4 billion) in foreign exchange reserves at the end of March - and no lack of suggestions from its more thoughtful citizens on what it should do with the money.

The amount is the second largest in the world, after Japan's US$795.4 billion.

Although no official figures are available, the widespread belief in China is that as much as 70 per cent of that is held in United States Treasury and other bonds.

StraitsTimes

[edit on 13-6-2004 by AceOfBase]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join