It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freezing Time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Assuming time travel into the past is possible, you would be able to freeze time, also.

Zero would be the middle of forward and backward, right?

Think of it like this, we all know we are traveling 60 minutes an hour into the future. Ok, I step into my Time Machine and go back in time. At some point when I go in reverse the World will freeze then start reversing.

So, if Time Travel into the Past is possible then so is freezing time.

Zero time?

[edit on 4-6-2010 by earth2]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
And if Time is frozen, how is there light?

What does light do in reverse?

Or, what does sound, sound like frozen?

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
it will do the exact thing a bullet would do. Light would start reversing its path and go back to the point of origin

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Time doesn't work that way.

Time is not this mystical river that applies itself to us and we age and things happen.

Time is a measurement of change. That is to say, that what we recognize as time is actually just a property of matter existing; flourishing, changing and going through different phases.

To freeze time would suggest a prevention in change. Which would basically be just that, removing all energy from matter until it is entirely stagnant and cannot exhibit change.

-----

One theory I thought about, which is more of a thought experiment than anything rational, is that it would be interesting if you could perform actions so fast that they could occur prior to their initial movement.

But, from what I can tell, this would probably only work from outside time constraints.

You would have to exist in a timeless plane, looking into a world that operates on those terms.

But this would also rely on time actually being linear, and not just being linear in our minds because it is the way we perceive it.

-----

Because it would seem to me that existence is constantly shifting. And that traveling through time would be more of a plane shifting exercise. In which you would move to a reality where the configurations of the universe match your data.

[edit on 4-6-2010 by SentientBeyondDesign]

top topics

join