It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

MV Rachel Corrie being boarded NOW

page: 21
61
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   

The Israeli navy has boarded the Rachel Corrie aid ship after it ignored orders not to head for Gaza, but no violence has been reported.

The Israeli Defence Force (IDF) confirmed troops took control of the vessel by sea with permission from the captain and no helicopters were used.

The Rachel Corrie is now being brought to the southern Israeli port of Ashdod where all goods on board will be inspected before being transferred to Gaza by land, the IDF said.

"The captain actually took the passengers and concentrated them in one end of the boat," said IDF spokeswoman Avital Leibovitz.

"The event is basically over. I am glad they chose to go through the legal way of passing goods to Gaza," she added.

"The difference was the tactic the passengers took. The last flotilla decided to act in a violent manner."



source




posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by area6
 





Sounds like no one was hurt ... if you don't attack soldiers, they won't shoot. It's as simple as that.


Try telling that to the thousands of innocent children that get shot, burnt, blown up and simply crushed by Israel...i don't think sitting in a school classroom, while phosphorous bombs come raining down on their heads, can really be classed as attacking the soldiers as you put it, yet the innocent still die, don't they.

Bottom line is Israel cares about no one or nothing but itself.

They see the world in terms of if you're not Israeli or a Jew, you are nothing...if you are Arab, you are even less than nothing. As evidenced by the treatment it's Arab neighbours receive on a continual basis.

Arrogance and conceit don't even approach what they are all about, it's Nazism...which of course, is the ultimate insane irony, but facts are facts.



posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Well I for one, only hope all of this can have some sort of positive impact on the future relations between the two feuding parties. In my opinion this is an unnecessary blockade of Gaza and I believe peaceful protest is justified. The two sides here have shown reasoning and made their point peacefully with out loss of life today. I hope that in future protests we can see a positive impact on the situation of the Gazan’s and avoid the needless violence of the last few days. I have been one of the defenders of the protest and purveyed my feelings strongly over the course of this week. We all have the right to an opinion and free choice. I respect our rights to protest no matter what side you take, and if I have been, over the top, then I have been no better than those I criticise.

Israel has been far more reasonable today in its actions, by showing far more restraint. The protesters clearly understood the situation they were putting themselves into, and can't have any excuses at being boarded. Let’s hope that the Israelis understand the widespread condemnation of this blockade and their actions of the previous few days. It would be nice if they can prove to us that they are worthy of our respect. Undoubtedly there is a long way to go before anyone of us, on either side of recent debates, sees real progress between the two sides, yet it can be achieved. In this day and age we shouldn't have to witness such situations anywhere in this world; surely we are a better people than this.



posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Monger


Israel doesn't target civilians. Get over the propaganda, and ask yourself - what, exactly, would that prove? To what ends would Israel be deliberately killing civilians?



How do you drop a one-ton bomb on a densely populated Gaza neighbourhood in the middle of the night and not kill civilians ?

Gaza circa. 2002
They got to kill their target ,Hamas militant Shahade , but also killed innocent women and children , with scores more seriously injured .

They knew they were going to kill civilians with that one ton bomb . They still conducted the air-strike ....... that to me is the deliberate killing of civilians.

===========================================



posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
It seems Israel is using the "peaceful Rachel Corrie ship" again as a propaganda.
To the ones, Israeli soldier never attacks...you forgot last years Gaza attack to quick where more than 1000 civilians were dead. Oh sure, those "civilians" are used by "Hamas" as a shield, right? Everything has it excuses isnt it? When it comes to the West, everything can be justified.



posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey
 


What "thousands of children" are you speaking of?

You don't actually believe their all 'children' do you?



[edit on 5-6-2010 by Skellon]



posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Well as long as they're not all children...



posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clisen33
I don't understand why Israel is doing this stupid stuff. I've never taken sides, but gad damn, is Israel that ignorant and blind to how other people view them?

If they want the hearts and minds of the world to be on 'their' side, why do stupid stuff like this? The thing that comes to mind is this is all to instigate a conflict and go all out.


Why try to win hearts and minds when you can just remove them from the corpses, along with the kidneys, livers, etc. You know, I'm not a religious man, but I do remember a few Bible verses:

Thou shall not kill.

Thou shall not bear false witness against thy neighbor.

By their deeds shall ye know them.

I'm guessing that Israel is as much a Jewish nation as the United States is a Christian nation.



posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Skellon
 


The demograhpic in Gaza actually shows that 44 % of the inhabitants in Gaza are aged 0-14.

So in actual FACT and REALITY a large proportion of those being humiliated, starved and collectively punished are children.

www.intute.ac.uk...



posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Mobius1974
 





I wonder what Israel does with all of the confiscated contraband that they do not let into Gaza.


Ebay my friend....



posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Good. maybe they'll sink the bloody thing.

no. wait.


Lets wait till they get bill ayers and bernadine dorn onboard.

Check out some of the players involved.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You bleeding hearts are being played like a bunch of drunk bums at a South Dallas liquor store.

Deny Ignorance, Dont improve on it



posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
i wonder if the organization who are sending the flotillas have anyone stationed in gaza just to make sure all their supplies arrive from israel. it would make sense to have a member of the organization inside gaza, since this is a reason to end the blockade and get supplies to the people of gaza. that way if hamas takes it to try and make israel look bad, as though they didnt give it or not completely there is someone who can verify to the organization what is going on with the supplies once it leaves the ship. i dont trust israel or the hamas and it seems neither side is actually looking out for the people who need this help. just a bias individual(s) to cut around all the rhetoric being thrown around by both sides. either side you deal with is gonna accuse the other and they both are definitely not trustwothy and a moderator unknown to both sides could open up some facts and revelations for the world to know. might also help to call either or both sides out and help the world to push them to a real, just solution.
or their both crazy and hellbent on sanity and destruction and wouldnt make a darn. jsut seemed a good thought.



posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by deccal
It seems Israel is using the "peaceful Rachel Corrie ship" again as a propaganda.
To the ones, Israeli soldier never attacks...you forgot last years Gaza attack to quick where more than 1000 civilians were dead. Oh sure, those "civilians" are used by "Hamas" as a shield, right? Everything has it excuses isnt it? When it comes to the West, everything can be justified.


We could say the EXACT same thing about the socialists/ ISM using these leftest dirtbags as propaganda.


Send in a ship that is being broadcast near and far as a "humanitarian" mission. The first time ( after its broadcast, small and maybe light weapons).

World (fools) condemnation

Next few ships are a Trojan Horse. The plan is for Israel to be "gun shy" and leave it along. They aint playin like that.

Like the Lusitania, you have it stoked with munitions.

They board and/or sink it.

The world REALLY gets pissed off. Muzzies go nuts (nevermind the Egyptians are ALSO blockading these vermin) and call for an Uber Jihad.

That means they'll kill Israelis TWICE as dead!

Give me some slack here.



posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by letscit
i wonder if the organization who are sending the flotillas have anyone stationed in gaza just to make sure all their supplies arrive from israel. it would make sense to have a member of the organization inside gaza, since this is a reason to end the blockade and get supplies to the people of gaza. that way if hamas takes it to try and make israel look bad, as though they didnt give it or not completely there is someone who can verify to the organization what is going on with the supplies once it leaves the ship. i dont trust israel or the hamas and it seems neither side is actually looking out for the people who need this help. just a bias individual(s) to cut around all the rhetoric being thrown around by both sides. either side you deal with is gonna accuse the other and they both are definitely not trustwothy and a moderator unknown to both sides could open up some facts and revelations for the world to know. might also help to call either or both sides out and help the world to push them to a real, just solution.
or their both crazy and hellbent on sanity and destruction and wouldnt make a darn. jsut seemed a good thought.


Please see www.abovetopsecret.com...

It gives the play list and your Egyptian connection.

i dont think Egypt is complicite in any of this as they are also blockading.



posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I just looked up Rachel Corrie on the net to get more info.

She got what she deserved. She was a ISM member (something that NO ONE has brought up or denied) and as such was a socialist instigator.

An idiot kid with a bleeding heart GETTING IN FRONT OF A BULLDOZER?

smart.

Martyrs are great. They're dead.



posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
reply to post by Skellon
 


The demograhpic in Gaza actually shows that 44 % of the inhabitants in Gaza are aged 0-14.

So in actual FACT and REALITY a large proportion of those being humiliated, starved and collectively punished are children.

www.intute.ac.uk...



Maybe you should look up what the Palestinians define as the age of 'children' in their 'statistics'.

www.rememberthesechildren.org...

Note the ages...


A child (plural: children) is a young human. Depending on context it may mean someone who is not yet an adult, or someone who has not yet reached puberty (someone who is prepubescent).


www.wordiq.com...


Let me make myself clear; Loss of life regardless of circumstance is a terrible waste and very regrettable.

Check out the following videos, you don't have to 'buy into' them, but atleast watch them from an objective point of view to broaden your perspective;












[edit on 5-6-2010 by Skellon]



posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan
 


They are ok.

www.ynetnews.com...



posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Latest vids on the boarding of Rachel Corrie from the IDF.....

cant embed them for some reason...here are the youtube links...

Israeli Navy Soldiers Board Seventh Flotila Ship (Shot From an Adjacent Ship)

www.youtube.com...

Aerial Footage of IDF Soldiers Boarding the 7th Flotilla Boat without Incident, 5 June 2010

www.youtube.com...



posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by VictorVonDoom

Originally posted by Clisen33
I don't understand why Israel is doing this stupid stuff. I've never taken sides, but gad damn, is Israel that ignorant and blind to how other people view them?

If they want the hearts and minds of the world to be on 'their' side, why do stupid stuff like this? The thing that comes to mind is this is all to instigate a conflict and go all out.


Why try to win hearts and minds when you can just remove them from the corpses, along with the kidneys, livers, etc.


LOL


You're really getting to the heart of the matter now


The last thing on a supremacist's mind is the notion of winning Hearts and Minds of the World



posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2
 


this proves you are all being foolish in supporting anyone. The last video has no innocent faces. Violence returns violence.

This vessel acted peacefully. Peace besots peace.

The Irish are more civilized apparently.

Or more specifically, Europeans are more civilized than barbarians. Who'da thunk it.



new topics

top topics



 
61
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

log in

join