It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MV Rachel Corrie being boarded NOW

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atomic Honey
I realize there's still the matter of people being under arrest, but I imagine they'll be released soon enough, and they'll be able to return to the vessel shortly. I found another article in which it turns out the Obama administration had contacted Free Gaza and encouraged them to accept Ashdod. If I can remember where I found that, I'll post the link to that too.

Its perfectly reasonable IMO, and probably expected on the part of the activists, that they be taken into custody - at least until the Israelis find out whether or not their ship was transporting weapons.

But I firmly believe that the Corrie's mission was truly one of peace, and I'm glad to see that nobody was injured and no lives were lost this time around.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by janon

They are not nearly as repressed as the MSM leads you to believe. Would you be suprised to see pictures of hot tub parties? I've seen them. My Aunt got back from Egypt a month ago. She has friends in Gaza.. They were able to leave daily into Egypt to visit my aunt. My Aunt was able to travel freely into gaza.. Went out to a restraunt she said was fantastic..then went to a pool/hot tub party.. She says the pics you see from the MSM represent about 10% of gaza.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Monger

Originally posted by 4nsicphd
They can't stand the truth. It is time to retaliate (lawfully) against every Israeli citizen, wherever they may be.

How exactly does one retaliate (lawfully, naturally
) against every single Israeli citizen?

And why would you do that, considering the fact that there are a huge number of Israelis who are as disgusted as you clearly are with what happened on that boat a few days ago?

You folks are so bleeding reactionary.

Israel was within its rights to board a ship (yes, even in international waters) that was trying to run its blockade on Hamas. And I will not fault the commandos who boarded the ship for using force to defend themselves and their wounded comrades.

If the 'peace activists' on THAT boat had behaved the way it appears the folks aboard the Rachael Corrie have, 9 of them would be alive right now, safely home in their own countries.

There are two sides to every story. It never ceases to amaze me that so many people on ATS, with its high-minded slogan of 'Deny Ignorance' will happily swallow whatever piece of propaganda the pro-Hamas camp wishes to feed them.

Now, please, accuse me of being a paid shill posting on behalf of Israel. I assure you that I'm not, but if they felt the need to throw a few bucks my why I wouldn't be against it.

One can retaliate by cutting off access to all goods and services. Like we are doing at our little airport near Schaumberg. A local duel citizenship businessman called and wanted his Piper Malibu fueled and pulled out of the hangar. He was told that the Irish American service crew ould do so as soon as the Rachel Corrie docked in Gaza. If enough Israeli citizens are affected, pewssure may be put on the fascost apartheid government and Nutty-Yahoo might get the message.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by BallsMahoney
I wonder why they aren't webcasting video from the ship like last time. I guess we won't get to watch Israeli commandos execute innocent people in real time and will have to settle for the spin and propaganda of what happened later on.

Wow, this post exemplifies the ignorance, propoganda, and true mofif behind the Israel based threads here on ATS.

Israel may be evil with a humanitarian blockade and all of their past atrocities. However, the Middle Eastern countries in the area haven't helped with the wars, terrorist attacks, and provocations. The Middle East is ripe with insane ideologies (this includes but is not excluded to Israel).

However, the only thing I've seen in videos from the first flotilla boarding is IDF soldiers being beaten with metal rods, thrown overboard, having improvised explosives thrown at them, and more. The fact that this post has more stars than any other shows the FAIL that the people of this site have in denying ignorance. I come here and see, literally, the most bias, most propoganda laced info I've ever seen. Wait, isn't that the opposite of what people advertise here?

[edit on 5-6-2010 by Bugman82]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by 4nsicphd A local duel citizenship businessman called and wanted his Piper Malibu fueled and pulled out of the hangar. He was told that the Irish American service crew ould do so as soon as the Rachel Corrie docked in Gaza. If enough Israeli citizens are affected, pewssure may be put on the fascost apartheid government and Nutty-Yahoo might get the message.

Yeah! Take THAT, random Jewish businessman who had absolutely nothing to do with the boarding of the 'aid' flotilla!

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by deccal

You are 100% correct.. Force is met with force. Peace should be met with peace. The other ship was unfurtunate but justified.
If you mess with the bull, you'll get the horns!

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Btw, did you guys check the links with the live news posted on this topic?

While I was watching a woman told of how not all the people arrested on monday were freed, something to do with them being Palestians, meaning no other government could put pressure on Israel for their release.

But the thing that impressed me! Is that other people that were also arrested, some Brits and Americans, refused to be released until all those arrested were released.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by BallsMahoney
I wonder why they aren't webcasting video from the ship like last time. I guess we won't get to watch Israeli commandos execute innocent people in real time and will have to settle for the spin and propaganda of what happened later on.

Oh yes, they were SOOO innocent with knives in hand.
Are you intentionally displaying your ignorance or do you just not know any better? I feel it's the latter.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stewie
What right do they, the Israelis, have to arrest ANYBODY, in international waters?
This is crap.

SECTION V : NEUTRAL MERCHANT VESSELS AND CIVIL AIRCRAFT

Neutral merchant vessels

67. Merchant vessels flying the flag of neutral States may not be attacked unless they:

(a) are believed on reasonable grounds to be carrying contraband or breaching a blockade, and after prior warning they intentionally and clearly refuse to stop, or intentionally and clearly resist visit, search or capture;

-Israel has a blockade that has not been declared illegal by the nazis over at the UN.

-Israel has given plenty of prior warning.

I blame the UN, the US, and everyone else for not having the balls to stand up to Israel. However, according to international law at this time they can do this.

[edit on 5-6-2010 by Bugman82]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bugman82

What right do they, the Israelis, have to arrest ANYBODY, in international waters?
This is crap.

Neutral merchant vessels

67. Merchant vessels flying the flag of neutral States may not be attacked unless they:

(a) are believed on reasonable grounds to be carrying contraband or breaching a blockade, and after prior warning they intentionally and clearly refuse to stop, or intentionally and clearly resist visit, search or capture;

Just so you know that 'law' isn't binding.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Monger

Originally posted by Atomic Honey

Its perfectly reasonable IMO, and probably expected on the part of the activists, that they be taken into custody - at least until the Israelis find out whether or not their ship was transporting weapons.

But I firmly believe that the Corrie's mission was truly one of peace, and I'm glad to see that nobody was injured and no lives were lost this time around.

I agree completely, and I sincerely hope that you are right that it was truly a mission of peace. All this going down smoothly (as it can, given the circumstances) just confirms to me again that the first incident could have been avoided. All the nations were aware of the potential for conflict that happened on Monday a week to 10 days in advance; yet the media didn't report it and no diplomacy at all took place. The difference between the RC and the flotillas from Monday is that we had diplomacy take place ahead of time. Those casualties should never have happened, and I place a large part of the blame on the media that fails to report things that are important to the nations' understanding of one another.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mobius1974
reply to post by deccal

You are 100% correct.. Force is met with force. Peace should be met with peace. The other ship was unfurtunate but justified.
If you mess with the bull, you'll get the horns!

I love bulls between two slices of bread by moving on can we see some of your freinds holiday snaps in the hot tub from gaza because any could had made that one up and we on ATS like to check our facts.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Starve?? Are you people all insane/stupid or just that uninformed?
Give me a tonage on the food on these aid ships! Please have some basic facts before spewing lies. If these people were starving...wouldnt food have been a good cargo to have on these ships? Maybe the little palestinian children eat crayons and cement? WTF is wrong with you people. Israel does some crappy things on this planet... but damn..you will ignore all facts just to lynch them. Palestinians are NOT STARVING!!! Those boats didnt have food aid. Those were politically motivated ships .. meant to upset the world..They did their job. this site is losing credibility with me quickly.. The only place to get non emotional opinions and crap spewing on here seems to be the astrology page. Why is Egypt left out of all of these conversations?? Oh thats right ..they aren't jews.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamount

Originally posted by Bugman82

This is crap.

Neutral merchant vessels

Just so you know that 'law' isn't binding.

Well, apparently Israel thinks they have people in neutral merchant vessels trying to breach their blockade. Apparently, they also belive they have given much prior warning for those ships to turn around. Also, apparently, Israel belives this law applies in this situation.

Whose job is it to decide? The UN.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
This thread is really bad for finding out whats going on, on the Rachel Corrie. Lets keep things on topic, can anyone update the situation? or shall we just keep squabling like children

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

You are right.. I got sucked into the Anti-Israel vortex. Its like the Benji vortex.. anyone get the inside joke there?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mobius1974
reply to post by woodwardjnr

You are right.. I got sucked into the Anti-Israel vortex. Its like the Benji vortex.. anyone get the inside joke there?

Haha, nice, I caught it. I, for one, enjoy the Benjy vortex. Detlev Bronk? Gold.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Navy boards, takes control of 'Rachel Corrie' off Gaza coast
By AP AND JPOST.COM STAFF

Military completes takeover of cargo boat without any violent incidents, after it rejected four calls to divert to Ashdod port

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Monger

Long live the king.
This thread resembles the "Jack and Rod show"

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join