It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MV Rachel Corrie being boarded NOW

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   

RT @PGPOrg: The Rachel Corrie has been forcibly seized by the Israeli navy and is being towed to Ashdod. All on board are reported safe.

The Rachel Corrie has been forcibly seized by the Israeli navy and is being towed to Ashdod. All on board are reported safe. From Perdana

Waterfordsgroup IDF CLAIM NOT TO HAVE BOARDED THE #RACHELCORRIE.....#GAZA #FLOTILLA -

Nothing on the Middle Eastern News channels yet.

[edit on 5-6-2010 by RVD420]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
"The Rachel Corrie has been forcibly seized by the Israeli navy and is being towed to Ashdod. All on board are reported safe. From Perdana"

from free gaza twitter 3 minutes ago

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
How can you forcibly seize a ship
without boarding it ???

Is that even possible ???

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
fire warning shots across the bow and communicate that it is the last warning

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Man your guess is as good as mine. I'm just posting all the stories I'm getting with sources so everyone knows what's going on and so that we can make an effort to figure out what really happened later on.

The only things I consider fact at the moment.

The Rachel Corrie is somewhere off the coast of Gaza right now.

It's been intercepted by Israeli gun boats

The Israelis are jamming all communications

That's really the only three things I knows for sure. Everything else has a conflicting report to it.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Al Jazeera Arabic is showing video of the ship they think is the Rachie Corrie from the shoreline in Gaza.

freetubetv.net...

There's the link to watch.

(Go up to news in the corner and select Al Jazeera Arabic to watch the feed)

[edit on 5-6-2010 by RVD420]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by RVD420

Maybe the Russians will come to save the day, aka liberty...

Its not like the US will

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Hi All,

They are covering this now on presstv.com It seems like quite good coverage

presstv.com

Have a good day all

They seem to have moved onto other stories but they have a reporter live in Gaza and seem to be giving regular updates.

Reason For Edit (Update)

[edit on 5-6-2010 by Skeptic4Sale]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
IDF denies they have boarded, but they are going to post 'their' video tape soon. Eyewitnesses can see the boat from the shore 5 minutes ago via web

What does it mean? Where is the ship headed now? It seems twitter account doesnt know much too.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by deccal
What does it mean? Where is the ship headed now? It seems twitter account doesnt know much too.

reading these twitter accounts to get my updates...

twitter.com...
twitter.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
So they think they can block all comunication and seize all images of the incident do they.

Looks like the disinfo agents were awake early today on the internet and i would exspect the irish to put up a fight by stopping the ships engines in a way that would stop them being started by the bording terrorists.

BBC you are a f@cking joke so no wonder no one is watching anymore.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by RVD420

which brings me to my next question:
how are getting updates from twitter
or anywhere else if they are jamming
ALLLLLLL communications????

Don't take that as an insult

I'm just trying to figure out how the
info is getting out to the press???
or the tweets???

What really bothered me most
about this whole incident was a couple pages
back when I read that the US Gov
issued a warning to the ship.
It is none of our business
IMHO

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   

I think most people on Twitter are passing on rumours or made up info - massive noise to signal ratio on Twitter and "rumour lag" as rumours go round and round

"as of right now the rachel corrie has not been boarded" from idf twitter

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Again, I agree completely with everything you're saying. I think a lot of this has been propaganda and disinfo on both sides. I'm just making an effort to record and update what's going on with all this.

I too am extremely annoyed at the US getting involved as well.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by RVD420

which brings me to my next question:
how are getting updates from twitter

the live feed from the rachel corrie is down so i am assuming it is being jammed.

the best source for updates is...

IDF twitter
twitter.com...

Free Gaza Twitter
twitter.com...

IDF Youtube channel
www.youtube.com...

"edit... chances are the IDF will have only their spin, so take with a huge grain of salt"

[edit on 5-6-2010 by Pan7her]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Is it not sick that charities and action groups have to perform these attempted supply runs, rather than the UN putting its foot down and demanding regular and complete access to civilians in Gaza? I mean no one expects Israel to do the right thing and allow enough aid in, so why hasnt the international community used its political power to insist on access?
Putting ordinary people in the position where they feel that they have no choice but to endanger thier own lives, in an attempt to get to the people in need of help, is frankly perverse. This is the 21st century for gods sake!

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pan7her

Originally posted by EGO84
Either way... the situation over there is just escalating and these missions of "peace" aren't helping.

it is the 4th most popular tweet right now, as far as the aid mission is concerned it may not get there, but most importantly, the world gets to see what is going on over there and provides much needed press to the crisis

While I agree that things need to change for the better for ALL SIDES, I'm not quite sure what good this will do. It's not as if this is anything new to any of the world's governments.

Plus this situation will only increase hatred towards the Israeli's, which wouldn't help matters in the slightest. You don't create a peaceful solution by pushing a person that feels hard done by... into a corner. You'll only turn this person into an animal that can strike at any moment.

Israel is in a position where it feels the need to do the things they do... whether they are good or bad is up for discussion and depends on which side of the fence you are standing. Attacking any point of view would not help matters, as hasn't ever helped to be honest.

But what's happening to the Palestinian people does need to be stopped and their lives do need to be improve(although we could say that about most parts of the world).

It's like a hostage taking really, would you agree? If people would stand outside of the building demonstrating/shouting things about the hostage taker, this would not ease the situation or attitude of the hostage taker at all. To get the hostage taker to release the hostages you need to calm the situation down and earn his trust(although I'm not an expert at procedures, I think you get my point).

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
If Israel has nothing to hide and are not planning on doing anything wrong, why jam communications ?

I suppose all criminals hate CCTV huh ?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
CNN is covering it now

www.cnn.com...

Organizers say the ship is carrying 550 tons of cement to help
rebuild schools, homes and other buildings destroyed in Gaza.

Maguire said the ship is also carrying "tons" of writing materials
donated by Norway, pharmaceuticals and medical equipment --
including wheelchairs donated by Scotland -- and toys.

I bet the IDF claim those toys
are deadly weapons,
or is that the wheelchairs
are deadly weapons???

[edit on 5-6-2010 by boondock-saint]

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join