It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MV Rachel Corrie being boarded NOW

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   

RT @MaanNewsAgency: BREAKING Israel orders MV Rachel Corrie to change course ping.fm... less than 5 seconds ago via TweetDeck

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

good, you do something stupid you get taken down! how is israel to know if one of these ships is not carring arms or supplies? do they not have a right to inspect incoming and out going goods and aid to ensure its legit.

hamas has arm shipment routes all through the area. they used to come through egypt till egypt started wising up and workign with israel to close gaza down.

these activist have alterier motives, they wish to make israel look bad, they can care less about the palestinians, just like how the arabs hoped the palestinians would starve to death to make israel look bad

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I don't know why but all this contradictory information makes me feel like this is going to end bad. I hope i'm wrong.

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jakemil

They certainly are doing a good job making Israel look bad by jumping in front of Israeli bullets and bull-dozers while having their people starve themselves to death. Away with you troll, this thread is about the Rachel Corrie.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by RVD420

your the only troll on here, have you ever been to gaza, egypt or israel? have you ever even left the country? canada mexico and your highschool trip to paris dont count

link   

Originally posted by Fatality
I don't know why but all this contradictory information makes me feel like this is going to end bad. I hope i'm wrong.

From the get-go, the sources were following spewed out that the IDF boarded the boat and arrested everyone, now it's totally different. It's hard to say what's really going on. I even called out in the beginning that it could be false information that the IDF boarded, and I was right. So, who knows.

link   

RT @delegitimize: Official "IDF announcements" radio warning messages posted online: /253yme9 #RachelCorrie#Gaza #Flotilla less than 20 seconds ago via TweetDeck
PJ: 3 minutes ago according to last update, Rachel Corrie ~40 miles from shore

Israel Navy Communicates Radio Message to 7th Flotilla Ship

The Israel Navy conveyed the following message to the 7th flotilla ship a few moments ago via radio transmission:

“This is the Israeli Navy. You are approaching an area of hostilities which is under a naval blockade. The Gaza area, coastal region and Gaza Harbor are closed to all maritime traffic. The Israeli government supports delivery of humanitarian supplies to the civilian population in the Gaza Strip and invites you to enter the Ashdod port. Delivery of the supplies in accordance with the authorities’ regulations will be done via the formal land crossings and under your observation, after which you can return to your home ports aboard the vessels on which you arrived.”

The ship organizers chose to ignore the invitation to dock at the Ashdod port where the cargo could be unloaded and transferred to the Gaza Strip upon inspection.

[edit on 5-6-2010 by RVD420]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by anthbes
So many different reports, what one to believe? I guess it will all be settled soon, the suspense is intense! Just hope there is no more bloodshed.

Thats how criminals get away with things, by keeping it hidden, don't you get it>

Why do you think they steal behind your back? They kill behind your back? And if they don't, they will lie in front of your face, and say were you there? No, so F'off

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by jakemil

good, you do something stupid you get taken down! how is israel to know if one of these ships is not carring arms or supplies? do they not have a right to inspect incoming and out going goods and aid to ensure its legit.

hamas has arm shipment routes all through the area. they used to come through egypt till egypt started wising up and workign with israel to close gaza down.

these activist have alterier motives, they wish to make israel look bad, they can care less about the palestinians, just like how the arabs hoped the palestinians would starve to death to make israel look bad

If that is the way you feel, then you are entitled to that however what you are not entitled to do is to make assumptions about my stance in all this.

I have neither supported nor condemned the action, merely reported what at the time was thought to be the fact that the MV Rachel Corrie had been boarded.

Because I reported the news does that make me side with them? No it does not. But really I don't think you actually need to know how I stand on this.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by RVD420

RT @delegitimize: Official "IDF announcements" radio warning messages posted online: /253yme9 #RachelCorrie#Gaza #Flotilla less than 20 seconds ago via TweetDeck
PJ: 3 minutes ago according to last update, Rachel Corrie ~40 miles from shore

Israel Navy Communicates Radio Message to 7th Flotilla Ship

The Israel Navy conveyed the following message to the 7th flotilla ship a few moments ago via radio transmission:

“This is the Israeli Navy. You are approaching an area of hostilities which is under a naval blockade. The Gaza area, coastal region and Gaza Harbor are closed to all maritime traffic. The Israeli government supports delivery of humanitarian supplies to the civilian population in the Gaza Strip and invites you to enter the Ashdod port. Delivery of the supplies in accordance with the authorities’ regulations will be done via the formal land crossings and under your observation, after which you can return to your home ports aboard the vessels on which you arrived.”

The ship organizers chose to ignore the invitation to dock at the Ashdod port where the cargo could be unloaded and transferred to the Gaza Strip upon inspection.

I think both sides would benefit under that announcement by the Israeli Navy. Seems fair, Rachel Corrie docks, delivers aid on land under the crew's watch and then they go home. Sounds ok, but is it ok to follow Israels commands?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Clisen33

Israel has banned much of what the RC is carrying though. They won't pass it along to Gaza.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
An update from Freegaza's twitter.

2:27am EST

Sky News now: RC refused a second call to go to Ashdod. Not sure of the source for this. #Flotilla

2:24am EST

Engine expert. "They may be apprehensive to use helicopters this time. If you want to drag the Rachel, you must first break his engine."

It's difficult to get a firm grip on this situation with the conflicting information, but I sincerely hope The Rachel Corrie makes it safely to Gaza.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6

Israel has banned much of what the RC is carrying though. They won't pass it along to Gaza.

Or it will be reported that Hamas will not let the Gazans accept it?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
On a rather hilarious sidenote. Al Jazeera arabic is running a fear piece about the internet while showing clips of Grand Theft Auto San Andreas and a guy in silhouette is illustrating facebook, torrent sites, and all the regular stuff we take for granted on the net everyday.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

No, the Israelis won't transport it.

There is a lot of bags of cement on that ship and that is just one of the banned materials.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
freegazaorg Two warships coming on on the side of Rachel Corrie, 35 miles out of Gaza

freegazaorg On the phone with passengers. 25 miles from Gaza. They have NOT been boarded but are followed by two war ships. #Flotilla

[edit on 5-6-2010 by TheCoffinman]

link   
From Waterford

# *****NO FURTHER INFO, LAST STATEMENT FROM FGO WAS SHE WAS STOPPED***** #RachelCorrie #Gaza #Flotilla 1 minute ago via web

link   

I think both sides would benefit under that announcement by the Israeli Navy. Seems fair, Rachel Corrie docks, delivers aid on land under the crew's watch and then they go home. Sounds ok, but is it ok to follow Israels commands?

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Well if you are committed to personally handing cargo to Gaza, then is it ok to hand it over to their enemy? I wouldn't think so.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
reply to post by sonjah1

No, the Israelis won't transport it.

There is a lot of bags of cement on that ship and that is just one of the banned materials.

I just meant usually Israeli news (erm IDF) reports that they deliver the goods, then blame Hamas.

I'm getting loopy and probably not making much sense. I have too much family in the whole region

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   

make assumptions about where you stand on this? i made no assumptions, nor did i mention you at all, the only assumption i made is that the runners that say they are activist have alterier motives. go ahead and do yourself a favor and read my post a second time. it makes no mention of you at all, i dont even know who you are or what you do

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join