It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Oil Leak Sure Looks Way Worse To Me!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I was just watching Anderson Cooper on AC360 and I couldn't help but notice that the amount of oil coming out of the pipe seems to be much more than before they sliced off the broken portion of the pipe and 'covered' it with the cap. Before it looked like 4 or 5 smaller plumes pouring from the cracks and holes... and now it looks like one very large plume pouring from what I can only guess, around the rim of the cap. It obviously is not in anyway sealed as the oil is pouring out from around the entire circumference. So what now....caulk it?

www.bp.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
It looks bigger to me too - They said it was because the pipe is not in place that is suppose to take the oil to the surface - must be a slow process to get that done. I have just been in an unbelieveable state today as they show the environmental disaster that this has caused. I think we all know it is going to get much worse before it gets better. So heartbreaking to see the wildlife in such agony.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Yeah, looks worse to me too. Checked out Enterprise ROV2 and Skandi ROV 1 & 2 and it looks nasty. If I didn't know any better, I'd say they made the problem big time worse. But I'm curious, weren't they supposed to of done this Top Hat thing a couple days ago?

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I'm no expert, but I believe the reason we may be perceiving "more" oil is that they are now also injecting dispersant directly into the oil as it gushes out. The tubing is small but it's directly at the source and I believe it would be under significant pressure.

Of course, there could also just be *more*... as I said, I'm no expert.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure that they had to cut off the damaged pipe section to have any hope of stanching the flow. As a result, the flow was increased, but that's the price they, or we, had to pay to try the next tactic.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Geeky_Bubbe
I'm no expert, but I believe the reason we may be perceiving "more" oil is that they are now also injecting dispersant directly into the oil as it gushes out. The tubing is small but it's directly at the source and I believe it would be under significant pressure.

Of course, there could also just be *more*... as I said, I'm no expert.

Then actually what we are seeing is less than what is actually there.

So it is much worse then we can see.

much worse

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

Interesting. Would you care to expound on why you say this? I do not understand what could cause the appearance to be *less* than is actually spewing except a lack of light, and that is not the case.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Interesting. Would you care to expound on why you say this? I do not understand what could cause the appearance to be *less* than is actually spewing except a lack of light, and that is not the case.

Oh man. I hope you wakeup, i will explain it for you sense you cant research.

They are mixing the oil with millions of gallons of Corexit 9500, which is the most LEAST effective and most DEADLY toxic they have. They are spewing a MINIMUM of 2.9 MILLION GALLONS of this stuff into the oil a day, so it keeps the oil from the surface, but at the same time it poisons everything 3x MORE, and when this chemical gets heated, it turns into gas and KILLs. its Pretty much genocide.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by adamo21

Must you make your points in such an insulting manner?

While you are "informing" us all about Corexit, please explain to at least me where BP would have such ready and inexhaustible supplies of Corexit that they could deploy a "minimum of 2.9 million" gallons a day. A "minimum" of 133 million gallons would be a lot of anything to just have laying about to deploy on such a low-frequency event. So low in frequency in fact, that it has never happened on this scale.

[edit on 4/6/10 by Geeky_Bubbe]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by adamo21

I have alot of respect for GradyPhilpott, we have had a few heated debates before on ATS but he's always been a respectable opponent. The oil spill is an emotional topic for all of us, but I really don't think Grady has said anything out of line here, honestly.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   

reply to post by adamo21

Must you make your points in such an insulting manner?

While you are "informing" us all about Corexit, please explain to at least me where BP would have such ready and inexhaustible supplies of Corexit that they could deploy a "minimum of 2.9 million" gallons a day. A "minimum" of 133 million gallons would be a lot of anything to just have laying about to deploy on such a low-frequency event. So low in frequency in fact, that it has never happened on this scale.

[edit on 4/6/10 by Geeky_Bubbe]

Ok dude, im sorry if I came off rude....you guys have to wake up...

No i cant give you a specific blueprint of the device they are using to disperse the oil, and i cant give you a map of where the shipping containers are, i cant tell you when exactly the BP executive orders a shipment of bulk Corexit 9500, however, I can tell you that thats what they are using, and how much, stated by a google search.

Dude, if you did some research, and helped me educate everyone, we can start waking people up. We might be able to win this battle..

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   

You're right ...and what if these dispersants get into the atmosphere and then into our rain? From what I read the oil it self can get into the atmosphere as well. Then where it goes is anybodies guess.

[edit on 6/5/2010 by MissSmartypants]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Geeky_Bubbe

what lucid means is that if they are putting dispersents into the oil then there is actually more oil coming out that we don't see because it's being dispersed....but....I haven't heard anything about there being dispersents being pumped into the oil and I don't see what the point of doing that would be since they intend for it to be pumped into a tanker. But then who knows what they're thinking.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MissSmartypants

Perhaps, but I am always "a bit guarded" about accepting another's interpretation of someone else's meaning.

FTR: Dispersants do not just magically make oil "disappear", it's a process that takes some amount of time.

In the interest of full disclosure I do not, for one nano-second, believe that the spewing is being masked by the injection of dispersant, but I am at least in theory open to being informed I am wrong should someone have some actual facts to support the statement. As was once famously said: We are all entitled to our opinions, we are not, however, entitled to our own facts.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MissSmartypants

I was just watching Anderson Cooper on AC360 and I couldn't help but notice that the amount of oil coming out of the pipe seems to be much more

Well,I did not think anybody watched that channel anymore,now I know at least one person does.

Of course once they cut the broken pipe off it will flow more until they can fix it.

They(the feds.BP) even said it would but regrettably that was the only recourse.

CNN probably did not report that so they could say,"look it is getting worse".

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Oneolddude

Well that said, its Sunday afternoon now and I'm watching CNN yet again...yes I'm an information junkie hence my membership here... and once again the live feed shows oil spilling out at an alarming rate. It's almost as though they're making it up as they go along which of course they are as they have admittted they weren't really prepared for something as "unlikely" as this.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Geeky_Bubbe

Yes I agree with you and the amount of oil coming out of the pipe is exactly as we see it and from my untrained eye it still looks worse to me now than when before they began "fixing" it. I think right now they just want to be seen at least doing something.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
The riser, with its smaller ID and the fact it was bent/crimped, restricted the flow out of the BOP. That restriction is gone now. In other words, the back pressure from the riser is now gone.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join