It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Do Americans Define "Freedom", "Friends", & "Family"?????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
A brief history of “common sense”.

Actions speak louder than words. This means if what a person actually does is inconsistent with what a person says, don’t believe what they say more than what they choose to do.

Friends do not mandatorily expect friends to conform to expectations so numerous they shall not live long enough to learn. This is not an example of loving friends.

Family does not mandatorily expect family to conform to expectations so numerous they shall not live long enough to learn. This is not an example of loving family.

Freedom is not defined by the requirements of conforming to a system that has more laws than any child born today can live long enough to learn before they die.

Yet, American doesn’t only pander such expectations, but they do enforce such a definition of freedom by means of war in how many other countries these days?

TERRORISM is defined by ruling by fear, and manipulating and coercion using fear.
Do Americans fit the description of terrorists?

the global war on terrorism (by the way, global = world, so stop calling it the global war on terror and start calling it what it is: WWIII)

Americans are participating in a system of Mandatorily expecting everyone else on the planet to conform to their form of “freedom” by war?

Let’s take a poll:

Americans,
If America took all their supreme court justices, all their senators and all their congressmen and locked them up in a huge plush hotel with all the necessities that they required, but didn’t let them out until they wrote down from memory all the laws that currently exist, would they be able to do so prior to all dying of old age?

If they can’t do it then how is it “FREEDOM” to expect any newborn to learn all their societies mandatory expectations?

Americans,
From your perspective from where you are right here and now …
What are the number of laws that you must adhere to?

If you can’t provide a number of the laws, how sure are you that you are even complying with them?

Is this what Americans are willing to send their neighbors off to war, die or be killed, for?

Americans,
How is it you can honestly claim to be supporting your troops when they are killing and dying for a system which defines freedom as an institution that has more mandatory requirements than any child can live long enough to learn, let alone comply with?

Why not just sit a bunch of toddlers down to play monopoly and slap them every time they break a rule? Maybe not a fair comparison, since Americans’ ideologies are responsible for more than just slapping foreign children in distant lands.

Americans,
If you can’t comply with your expectations why expect others to be able to do so?
If you can’t comply with your expectations, then why enforce this “freedom” on others through acts of war?

Americans,
Is your common sense broken, or are you the sane ones and I’m somehow looking at this wrong?

American
How many laws must you abide by from your perspective, a number please?
Please include in your census all local, state, and federal laws.

Thanks,
E.T.

[edit on 5-6-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

How Do Americans Define "Freedom", "Friends", & "Family"?????

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/961eab0a4cb8.jpg[/atsimg]

The rest of your post seemed to have an agenda, so I left it alone.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Boy, you sure talk pretty...and you think too much, too.

Seriously, as an American, I don't expect to know all the laws and I wouldn't follow all of them if I did... and I don't follow all of the laws now.

In fact, that is freedom to me...living like I want, where I want, and when and how I want. My laws are guided by simple sense of moral direction and common sense.

For instance, I treat people like they treat me...and the ones that are bad, I try to avoid and ignore. That alone takes care of a bucket full of laws...ie tresspassing, don't kill, don't steal, don't set someone's house on fire... stuff like that.

The common sense laws I abide by too...stop at red lights, don't go wrong way on an interstate highway, don't try to tresspass into an electrical motor room with lots of wires, reduce speed to 35 going around sharp curves on mountain roads... stuff like that.

But what I do on my property is my business. So long as I am not hurting anyone, or holding them against their will.... everything is cool.

Ideally, thats all we want for the rest of the world... do your own thang, live and let live. Aspire to be the best that you can be... not what someone else wants you to be. If you want to wear a burka...go for it. If you want to wear tank tops and cut off shorts...go for it. You shouldn't have to fear being stoned to death for wearing a skirt around a bunch of men not related to you. You want sushi, BBQ pork, or beans and rice...it is your choice.

Family is someone related to you... and here in America, that means something. I might argue with my brother, but you better not say anything about him. We help each other, share age old traditions, and pass on knowledge to the young folks. Family...my kin folks....

Friends...neighbors, people I know and work with and worship with. I live near them and would do what I could for them, and expect the same.... we help each other, we play together, eat and visit.... and mourn in times of tragedy.

Maybe I missed your point, I can be rather literal and concrete in my thoughts. If you want to understand many Americans views of freedom, friends, and family...especially here in the American South or rural areas...what we call the country....find a good John Wayne western or a Hank Williams Jr song...A Country Boy Can Survive..Idealistic, old fashioned, hard headed, self righteous, hard working, and confidently humble.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
The only agenda I have is the agenda Americans have placed upon me …

I, (Esoteric Teacher), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

If you are in the path of those who would adhere to American requirements and standard operating procedures referenced in the above oath, then Americans are the target of their own creations, first, before all other nations.

I’m just doing my job, just following orders …

and it isn't like i'm fearfull anymore of loosing friends or family, or freedom, americans abandoned these things long before i was even born ..

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Do you always have to start America-bashing threads that serve absolutely no purpose but to inflate your already inflated ego? Seriously, I want to understand the psychology of this...

You post a thread title that bears no resemblance to anything in the thread, benign enough to warrant attention but not revealing of the rhetorical agenda contained within. You spend dozens of paragraphs, pointing out America's faults, both real and perceived, using impressive word usage, asking rhetorical questions that demand that your stereotyped Americans explain themselves according to your personal belief structure, with no genuine questions, no quantifiable answers to be had since it's all subjective, and no purpose other than to goad others into buying in to your troll bait or jump in on the Bash America Bandwagon.

Seriously, you contribute nothing here. Nothing. Unlike other threads that criticize the U.S. government and seek to prevent such actions in the future, you seek to hate for hate's sake because you cannot see beyond your own narrow, dogmatic view of the world that demands that others buy into your bull@#$t or explain themselves to you.

Seriously dude, what's the point?

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

thanks for taking time to read my post guys, and share.
sometimes listening, hearing, and a smile proves you care.

stars for everyone!
in an oven is a bun
soon we are done
then we can "fun"
and tan in the sun!

have we underestimated our own as we think they only compete?
when in rank they march with so much gear, boots on their feet
they want more than revenge, more than justice, som thing complete

we will never forget, we will always remember
what happen to us on the 11th of september!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
You sure sound jaded. Which Americans are you talking about?

I value those ideals and principles...live them everyday. I can't fix or change the world, but I do try to impact the world around me... I don't go out and blow my horn for all the world to see...to busy working, making a living, loving my wife, and loving my farm.

Don't mistake my lack of protest and civil disobedience with lack of concern, nor iggnorance.

Is there something deeper that you are getting at? Maybe you had a bad day or are disillusioned... I don't know.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
A brief history of “common sense”.

Dear G.O.D., (Government Of Dollar$)

Actions speak louder than words. This means if what a person actually does is inconsistent with what a person says, why believe what they say more than what they choose to do?

Friends do not mandatorily expect friends to conform to expectations so numerous they shall not live long enough to learn them. This is not an example of loving friends.

Family does not mandatorily expect family to conform to expectations so numerous they shall not live long enough to learn. This is not an example of loving family.

Freedom is not defined by the requirements of conforming to a system that has more laws than any child born today can live long enough to learn before they die. this is not an example of freedom. this does not make people feel at home.

Yet, American doesn’t only pander such expectations, but they do enforce such a definition of freedom by means of war in how many other countries these days?

TERRORISM is defined by ruling by fear, and manipulating and coercion using fear.
Do Americans fit the description of terrorists?

the global war on terrorism (by the way, global = world, so stop calling it the global war on terror and start calling it what it is: WWIII)

Americans are participating in a system of Mandatorily expecting everyone else on the planet to conform to their form of “freedom” by war?

Let’s take a poll:

Americans,
If America took all their supreme court justices, all their senators and all their congressmen and locked them up in a huge plush hotel with all the necessities that they required, but didn’t let them out until they wrote down from memory all the laws that currently exist, would they be able to do so prior to all dying of old age?

insanity is paying other people to make more laws when you can't number the laws that already exist, nor live long enough to learn them, in my opinion.

If they can’t do it then how is it “FREEDOM” to expect any newborn to learn all their societies mandatory expectations? lawmakers expect of newborns what they all combined can't prove they know? this is freedom, justice, and the pursuit of happiness?

Americans,
From your perspective from where you are right here and now …
What are the number of laws that you must adhere to?

If you can’t provide a number of the laws, how sure are you that you are even complying with them?

Is this what Americans are willing to send their neighbors off to war, die or be killing, for?

Americans,
How is it you can honestly claim to be supporting your troops when they are killing and dying for a system which defines freedom as an institution that has more mandatory requirements than any child can live long enough to learn, let alone comply with?

Why not just sit a bunch of toddlers down to play monopoly and slap them every time they break a rule? Maybe not a fair comparison, since Americans’ ideologies are responsible for more than just slapping foreign children in distant lands.

Americans,
If you can’t comply with your expectations why expect others to be able to do so?
If you can’t comply with your expectations, then why enforce this “freedom” on others through acts of war?

Americans,
Is your common sense broken, or are you the sane ones and I’m somehow looking at this wrong?

American
How many laws must you abide by from your perspective, a number please?
Please include in your census all local, state, and federal laws.

Thanks,
E.T.

P.S. If you are not my friend, and you are not my family, then dear JURY, how are you my peers?

If you are not my friend, and you are not my family ....
then, american, what are you?

[edit on 4-6-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

I really, really like what you are saying here. I wish I had more time to leave a response

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Legion2112
Do you always have to start America-bashing threads that serve absolutely no purpose but to inflate your already inflated ego?

Do americans have to start wars with the military installations they have spread the world over that serve no purpose other than to inflate their already inflated ego?

americans,
how many other nations have military instillations inside the united states?

americans,
how many other nations have american military installations in them?

do americans know that number, do they care, do they require their law makers to tell them the answer to these questions?

Seriously, I want to understand the psychology of this...

i can almost believe you!

You post a thread title that bears no resemblance to anything in the thread, benign enough to warrant attention but not revealing of the rhetorical agenda contained within.

americans,
you post a democracy and a "Freedom" that bears no resemblance to your democracy. It warrants enough attention, but not revealing the rhetorical agenda (*aka LAWS) contained within.

Seriously, you contribute nothing here. Nothing.

thank you. a fine demonstration of perfect receptivity!

this here and now is the present.
9 1/2 years of war has been spent...

the here and the now is the futures' seed
this is my point and i must now concede
i'm sick and tired of americans who bleed
i just don't think it's my logic here that does impede
when i know for a fact i am adhereing to your creed
if your logic is in charge here, hands down, then lead

thanks for sharing your insights for your perspective Legion2112,
john

p.s. : Star!

edited to add:
if you think my rhetoric is nothing more than hate
i suggest you may not know entirely what hate is

[edit on 5-6-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone

just the ones who are not fully informed, nor fully care where theri tax dollars are spent, while paying tax dollars on an agenda they never may have meant.

do you pay american taxes?
do you know how your taxes are spent?
are you an american?

if the shoe fits

funny thing about little white lies
enough of them spent is not comprimise

if i make a mistake and a family member doesn't let me know it is a mistake...

if i make a mistake and a friend doesn't let me know it is a mistake ...

how effective are they at being family or friend?

why am i responsible for the mistake?
wasn't it their white lies that did make
the conflict now and whats' at stake?
is my brand of integrity somehow fake?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Do you always have to start America-bashing threads that serve absolutely no purpose but to inflate your already inflated ego?

If you can find flawed logic in my interpretation
Then please put the op statement in a quotation
If you can find flawed logic in my presentation
Then please feel free to attack it’s foundation
With factual truisms and verifiable information
If you cannot dispute or refute my translation …
Are you sure you’re not an agent of misinformation?

if the shoe fits ...

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Seriously, I want to understand the psychology of this...

then spend 1 moment devoid of your own ego. because with your ego as a variable in how you percieve me, it is your basis for comparison. and since you have always had an ego, you don't know any better and just assume i am feeding my ego.

but then again, and i mean no offense here, perhaps what "ego" is to you may differ in what "ego" is to me.

And Besides, This Thread has more to do with adressing the SUPER-EGO of 300+ MILLION americans.

and what would one know of the super-ego from a perspective that is based upon an "ego's" point of view?

You post a thread title that bears no resemblance to anything in the thread, benign enough to warrant attention but not revealing of the rhetorical agenda contained within.

benign? words themselves were designed to serve as more than just communication, but also as a weapon used to assault the unthinking.

Seriously, you contribute nothing here. Nothing. Unlike other threads that criticize the U.S. government and seek to prevent such actions in the future, you seek to hate for hate's sake because you cannot see beyond your own narrow, dogmatic view of the world that demands that others buy into your bull@#$t or explain themselves to you.

i hate for hate's sake?

what is "hate"?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Do you always have to start America-bashing threads that serve absolutely no purpose but to inflate your already inflated ego? Seriously, I want to understand the psychology of this...

Main Entry: ego
Pronunciation: \ˈē-(ˌ)gō also ˈe-\
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural egos
Etymology: New Latin, from Latin, I — more at I
Date: 1789
1 : the self especially as contrasted with another self or the world
2 a : EGOTISM 2 b : SELF-ESTEEM 1
3 : the one of the three divisions of the psyche in psychoanalytic theory that serves as the organized conscious mediator between the person and reality especially by functioning both in the perception of and adaptation to reality — compare ID, SUPEREGO
— ego•less adjective

Main Entry: su•per•ego
Pronunciation: \ˌsü-pər-ˈē-(ˌ)gō also -ˈe-(ˌ)gō\
Etymology: New Latin, translation of German Über-ich, from über over + ich I
Date: 1919
: the one of the three divisions of the psyche in psychoanalytic theory that is only partly conscious, represents internalization of parental conscience and the rules of society, and functions to reward and punish through a system of moral attitudes, conscience, and a sense of guilt — compare EGO, ID

Main Entry: 1id
Pronunciation: \ˈid\
Etymology: New Latin, from Latin, it
Date: 1924
: the one of the three divisions of the psyche in psychoanalytic theory that is completely unconscious and is the source of psychic energy derived from instinctual needs and drives — compare EGO, SUPEREGO

EGO =
organized conscious mediator
functioning both in the perception of and adaptation to reality

so if you are anti-ego you are not in favor of which of the following:
-organization, anti-chaos
-consciousness / LIFE / Self Awareness
-mediator, mediation (thinking)
-functioning perception
-adaptation to reality

would you prefer unorganized chaotic anti-consciousness inanimate unthinking broken non-perceptivity incapable of adaptation to reality?

Why do you hate the EGO???
Self hater?

SUPER EGO =

Internalization of parental conscience
Rules of society
Functions to reward and punish through a system

ID =

completely unconscious
Source of psychic energies
Derived from instinctual needs & drives, aka dna

And this is where I differ in my personal opinion from something of the accepted norm:
They call it: psychoanalytic theory

Why is it accepted theory that the ID is what comes from DNA and must be COMPLETLEY UNCONSCIOUS???

So, no I don’t think this thread is about feeding my own ego. It is about addressing a totally unconscious super-ego otherwise labeled: America.

Thank you for your thoughts.
And a star for making me think.

Thanks,
E.T.

[edit on 8-6-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone

ALL OF THEM

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Here you go friend, have a ball with the US Budget:

www.gpoaccess.gov...

As for how much tax I pay, that is between me and the IRS.

Americans speak English so we tend to go with the definitions Old Britannia left for us.

Most Americans don't really have a say as to how the American Government's foreign policy runs from day to day. Not much different from each of the other 200+ countries in the world.

I will say this, which is what I tell most other people who don't like American foreign policy. If you don't like what my government does (I don't always like it myself) then stop wasting time complaining about it and lobby your own government to take its own initiative.

If you really ARE an American, then call your representatives and organize.

The system WORKS. The problem is that we are so big and diverse here in America, with so many different cultures and backgrounds and beliefs, that we often cannot agree on what to organize for. Calling us out usually does it, though.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by NightShift
Here you go friend, have a ball with the US Budget:

www.gpoaccess.gov...

As for how much tax I pay, that is between me and the IRS.

fine, don't share with us how much you pay in taxes, this doesn't have to be part of the equasion. just an anonymous variable.

what i am concerned about is the blatent apathy for non-accountability in how that money is really spent, or does this accountibility just add to the apathy?

i know first hand that a subsidiary of haliburton got paid (due to no bid contract) 1.2 million dollars a year for 3 years for a contract they had for servicing portable fire extinguishers at Balad air base in iraq. i know they did not abide by this contract for 3 years, because i was in a management position at the Air Force Firestation that they sent everyone to who came to them for servicing on their portable fire extinguishers.

so, was that 3.6 million dollars well spent?

if your answer is yes, then i beg to differ.

Most Americans don't really have a say as to how the American Government's foreign policy runs from day to day. Not much different from each of the other 200+ countries in the world.

if i am not free to have a say as to how my government runs foreign policy, then i am not free.

I will say this, which is what I tell most other people who don't like American foreign policy. If you don't like what my government does (I don't always like it myself) then stop wasting time complaining about it and lobby your own government to take its own initiative.

ok, but the senators making $15,000 a month seem to only listen to lobbyists with money, don't they?

If you really ARE an American, then call your representatives and organize.

If i really AM an american, and you really ARE an american, then you are one of my representatives.

The system WORKS.

Don't convince me, convince the future.
Tell 2110 that our system worked.

The problem is that we are so big and diverse here in America, with so many different cultures and backgrounds and beliefs, that we often cannot agree on what to organize for. Calling us out usually does it, though.

Thanks for the insight, and invoking me to think, star

thanks,
E.T.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
if i have no will, i am not free
if i have no will, i am property
if i am their clone, i am not me

so how much in taxes are you going to pay those to make more laws when you do not know how many laws there are?

yep yep,
ET

join