It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Local Authority Spends £150,000 to Ensure Muslim Graves Point to Mecca

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
What I find more disgraceful is the banning of certain items from being placed on UK gravestones due to a "health and safety risk." What a bunch of nonsense.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

As for this story, I'm sure it just sensationalist drivel. I do not support the Muslim faith, or any other faith for that matter, but they have to get buried somewhere, and it doesn't take two minutes to dig a grive with the help of a compass pointing in the preferred direction.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ironfalcon

So what?

As many people have pointed out... ALL members of British society are entitled to have a cemetery that serve their beliefs and culture... Jews, Christians, Atheists, Muslims... whatever...

This story is simply being used and misrepresented for anti Islamic propaganda, that only serves to divide people, by a website that is clearly Islamaphobic!

You don’t think maybe the website is a little biased?

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ironfalcon

You ought be ashamed for linking to that article, most of the comments attached are quite disgusting.

People should be afforded dignity in death, no matter what their faith ... and that's the bottom line. The Council's just trying to accommodate the wishes of different faiths as they best can within their budget, the wishes of the local protestant church and the legal framework with which they're working.

Dhimmi, imagine even using that word in this context. You know so little.

<< 1   >>

join