It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prescott, Ariz., elementary school to 'whiten' image of child in mural

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Prescott, Ariz., elementary school to 'whiten' image of child in mural

news.yahoo.com

An artist's decision to prominently feature a non-white child on an elementary-school mural in Prescott, Ariz., sparked so much controversy that school administrators asked him to "lighten" the child's face after a city councilman launched a campaign against the mural, according to the Arizona Republic.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Wow, there appears to be a lot of racist folk around there.
I can't imagine why it is such a big deal.

We live in South Florida where the hispanic population is huge. So much so that my boy and another kid are the only two white kids in his class, the rest are Hispanic. The school is around 80% hispanic, not really a big deal to me.

Amazing..

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Something else about this saddens me, people were driving by screaming ethnic slurs while it was being painted. Elementary kids were standing there.

Yea, if there is a Hell, Racist will be there.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Pretty sad that despite what history has taught us and the effort that has been put forth to encourage us to all get along, race/color still divides us.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Well I had a look at the picture of the mural and it consists of white and hispanic school children so I do not see any problem. What is the problem?

Steve Blair, the local councilman, argued that he wasnt a 'racist' but. If your not a racist, why make race the issue? Why is it that we have people complaining about the 'race card' when they themselves bring up race or ethnicity in the first place. Why do people argue about political correctness as if everything that shows a hint of a multi-racial society is bowing to 'political correctness'?? So long as everybody supposedly sticks to addressing everything black and white, everything is dandy?

This is utterly ridiculous. Who cares? Its just a school mural. If race doesn't bother you so much, don't make it an issue.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by earth2

Thats been done on TV characters,puppets, for more than 15 years. But its been making the white characters darker and more acceptable to the New America.

Get used to the Hipocalypse ATSers.

[edit on 4-6-2010 by RRokkyy]

top topics

join