It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Intelligent Are Babies And Can Do They Have Their Own Language?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   

This kid is adorable, yes he is!

But isn't he really really trying convey something?
I don't know, perhaps he is just working his cute magic on me

But it seems like he is actually trying to say something.

I remember when my niece was a baby and she once got up on the dinner table and gave a long speech. Nobody had any idea what she was saying but it really sounded like and felt like she was saying something.

Could babies have their own language?
What do you think ATS?

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
i think that since your post is about intelligence , you should edit the title of it.

Can do they?

LOL

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Apparently babies can speak in reverse similarly to how we first see upside down and the brain must learn to reverse this.

www.reversespeech.com...

This reverse speech can reveal some interesting stuff separate from the babie angle as well.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Babies definitely speak. Of course they have their own language. Not like a specific all-emcompassing baby language, but like individually made words and vowels. It is totally possible.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Being a father and uncle and involved in my family and friend's lives...I can conclusively say that babies are highly intelligent little sponges that soak up everything they see and hear.

That includes sounds and noises and music and language. Do they have a language? I don't think so... they simply hear and repeat the language around them. Their mouths and ears are like a guitar players fingers and mind...trying to get the keys and notes and rythm in the right order... with lots of practice. Then one day, it comes out right and they say...

MaMa...or Dada...or Nana...Nite-nite

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
The babies are communicating, but what you are witnessing is the moment when this child is experiencing the limits of verbal communication.
The child is trying to communicate something deeper than language itself.
When you think about it, language is not very deep. It is not meant, nor is it capable of conveying the truth as you FEEL it.

Good thread.

Edit to add this. My comments can be misinterpreted so many ways. Language can convey quite a lot in the way of opinion, emotion, and personal experience, but a baby has some PURE input that is their very own, something they very well may never be able to communicate,

[edit on 4-6-2010 by Stewie]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
well just for fun and curiosity
I tried the file in reverse
one thing for sure
the Music in the back ground sounds the same backwards as forwards
LOL
to my western ear

it really
sounds like at the beginning
"I didn't want to eat it"
"I didn't wanna"

though the accents are thick and I just checked quickly

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
The baby is just learning how to talk!!! All babies create their own language as they learn to communicate with mum-us. When your neice made her speech, she probably wasen't far, from telling you, all the things she's been wanting to say for ages!!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

ABout as intelligent as their parents.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
My son has a good memory of his babyhood..he is now 7 years old.
He says that when he was a baby, he wanted to say many things to us (me n my wife) but was not able to convey it - sort of his tounge was not obeying him or somewhat like that.

He says that he used to smell all the aromas in the room especially from the kitchen. He wanted to eat the food we were eating (we used to prop him in his baby chair on the table while we had food), but we never gave any.
the list goes on.....

Kids are like what "Alreadygone" said - Intgelligent Sponges. They soak up all things thats said around them, that see arounmd them and what they hear around them.

BNe sure that we never curse or use bad words around them!!

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
It's called babbling and is an important part in speech acquisition. Interestingly though babies are capable of differentiating between all the different phonemes while adults lack this ability.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Studies on neurology have shown that babies have virtually an in-exhaustable potential for learning. Intelligence? By dictionary definition, they do not reach a highly intellectual level until later in life as they mature. But, their potential to learn something new is much greater than a mature adult. And the speed at which they learn is many times faster than a mature adult.

Their neural pathways have not yet formed so it is all new and therefore easily imprinted. Whereas us grown ups have already formed our mental pathways and must over write existing ones or make room for new ones, which takes more energy than starting fresh.

Also explains how people who lose parts of their brain can quickly adapt the unused portions of their brains to over take the missing pieces responsibilities. New pathways are formed instead of rewriting existing ones.

top topics

join