It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Vaccine for breast cancer discovered.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
LINK

The vaccine is only in preliminary tests, but the effects of this could be a life saver. The vaccine was designed to train the immune system to search for and destroy a certain type of protein that is only found in breast cancer infected cells. If this works, we could add breast cancer to the list of diseases that are preventable with a shot in the arm. This vaccine has the possibility to become as famous and well used as the polio vaccinations and I think that it may eventually become standard sets of shots.

WOW more junk to pump trough womans blood. Im pretty sure this will eventually be mandatory.

Good thing im male

[edit on 4-6-2010 by pavelivanov22]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Wonder if any conspiracies will come up with this new vaccine.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavelivanov22
Wonder if any conspiracies will come up with this new vaccine.

We'll see once the price tag hits.

If that new cancer drug that costs 100k only helps you live a couple months longer, this will be in the millions.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Yup......if it shows significant effects in destroying and/or preventing cancer, we can count on it being well out of the average person's price range in the future. Either that or we will never hear from it again. How many cancer 'cures' have showed promise only to have them discredited in the end? Not counting scientists in the past who have 'died' after claiming to have discovered a cancer cure, and then their works have 'disappeared.'
Doubtful that a true cure will ever be found. Being sick is a multi-billion dollar industry.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
My thoughts exactly.

I often think that these 'breakthroughs' are ruses to keep the funding coming, while they funnel most of their efforts to produce a medicine that is highly expensive, requires multiple doses, and is only marginally effective.

top topics

join