It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you Perceive / Preceive?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
It seems that if I pick up the book of Enoch with fear in my heart the words inside the book contain evil.
Yet when I read the book with love in my heart it reads about good.
There are other similar books that this seems to also effect.
Someone recently said to me this was a "revelation"

Anyone else notice this effect or can help explain this effect is it a spell or a natural way of the universe?

I had the idea that it is related to left verses right brain thinking.
Like this article states about perception :
www.heraldsun.com.au...
And this video below suggests that hearing the voice of God might be related to right brain dominance. The more truth oriented or "clockwise" your thinking is the closer to God or to becoming Gods yourselves/ourselves you/we become.
It seems knowledge, truth, and love lead to a path of Godhood we can all follow and or practice.
science.discovery.com...

Thanks, and take care to all who read this.

[edit on 5-6-2010 by AsTaR]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I hate to say it, but left brain is the brain side known for logic.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
How can logic be based on one sided opinions?
You need both hemispheres of the brain to make the logic of mind.
You need both hemispheres to reason.
Thus thinking with both sides allows one to reason the truth. The "Truth is the voice of God"
Before I act I reason the best approach based on my left brains perception and the right brains perception of what is or is not right and then I feel with my heart which side of my brain has the better idea.

[edit on 4-6-2010 by AsTaR]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by AsTaR
How can logic be based on one sided opinions?
You need both hemispheres of the brain to make the logic of mind.
You need both hemispheres to reason.
Thus thinking with both sides allows one to reason the truth. The "Truth is the voice of God"
Before I act I reason the best approach based on my left brains perception and the right brains perception of what is or is not right and then I feel with my heart which side of my brain has the better idea.

Left=analytical, mathematics, scientific, language, logic
Right=holistic (Put things into a whole, religion), intuition, creativity, art and music

They definitely would lean to God. When you are creative, you are very imaginative.

Left is known for logic. You don't feel with your heart, just to let you know. Your heart pumps blood, you feel with your brain and your emotions.

How do you know that you are correct, and that it is "The Truth"?

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
"How do you know that you are correct, and that it is "The Truth"? "

I know because I dedicated my ENTIRE life to studying the world.
I have self taught myself about the ways of the world and the ways of the universe and I have come to one final conclusion there is no "God" as we traditionally see or understand.
The only "God" is already with in us all. We all can and will become "God like" as we evolve overtime.
This voice of reason is like God because it always speaks the truth.
The more truth you know the more god like you become.
Simply because the voice that lies to you will stop because you'll be able to reason the lie away based on all the truths one knows.
This is the test of life.
Can you reason this voice away?
And if the answer is yes your on your way to becoming like a "God"

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by AsTaR
"How do you know that you are correct, and that it is "The Truth"? "

I know because I dedicated my ENTIRE life to studying the world.
I have self taught myself about the ways of the world and the ways of the universe and I have come to one final conclusion there is no "God" as we traditionally see or understand.
The only "God" is already with in us all. We all can and will become "God like" as we evolve overtime.
This voice of reason is like God because it always speaks the truth.
The more truth you know the more god like you become.
Simply because the voice that lies to you will stop because you'll be able to reason the lie away based on all the truths one knows.
This is the test of life.
Can you reason this voice away?
And if the answer is yes your on your way to becoming like a "God"

Well you are sort of making more sense now sense you cared to elaborate. I thought this was some Christian, my brain side is better than yours thread.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
When you stop perceiving sides then you will reach "god" status or "enlightened" "Higher self" "Christ consciousness"
Those sides are there to help reason the voice of truth.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by AsTaR

Pilate asked Jesus: What is truth?" But he didn't wait for an answer. I have read parts of the book of Enoch. I think it is redundant of the Bible in many places. The Bible is a book for both mind and heart. They were both made my God and reflect his nature.
I don't trust my feelings. There are promises in the Bible that I believe. Why could Paul say he learned to be content no matter his circumstances? He wasn't trusting feelings.
It's great that you are seeking something spiritual! I think that word "spiritual" has gotten hijacked - like gay and salvation have. If you want to know about the time of Enoch, read Genesis. And yes, I do recommend the King James. Just remember "thee" and "thou" and "thy" and mean you. And they are speaking to an individual you, not a collective you.
If the book of Enoch isn't speaking to all of you - body and spirit - they the Book.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Yes the BIBLE is based on many books among them is the Book of Enoch (which was the standard cannon before Jesus walked the earth everyone had The book of Enoch as they have the BIBLE in homes now)

The BIBLE is a summery of all these books containing truths (If I missed any please comment and leave the book name/title thanks) :

The Life of Adam and Eve
The Book of Enoch
The Book of Jubilees
The Infancy Gospel of Thomas
Proto-Gospel of James
The Gnostic Scriptures of Nag Hammadi
The Gospel of Mary
The Gospel of Nicodemus
The Apocalypse of Peter
Gnostic Apocalypse of Peter
The Testament of Solomon
The Zohar (The Book of Splendor)
The Alphabet of Ben-Sira
Joseph and Aseneth
The Septuagint
Bel and the Dragon
The Acts of Peter
The Acts of Paul and Thecla
Mar Saba letter and The Secret Gospel of Mark
The Gospel of Judas

And of course the 5 books of the Tora:

Genesis, Ge—Bere#h
Exodus, Ex—Shemot
Leviticus, Le—Vayikra
Numbers, Nu—Bamidbar
Deuteronomy, Dt—Devarim

These books are all true but from different time lines (or ages) and different points of view. Our soul(s) live in each age simultaneously so if in ancient times you got married then in present time you would also be getting married to the same soul as you are marrying in the past times.Even tho you are different on the outside (cloths music style fashion tools), the soul still gravitates towards it's hearts desire.
Lets say you in this time line stub your toe on a cupboard door. In the past time line your "twin soul" would stub their toe on a rock. You see the concepts remain but the details very. What we do now and in our past effects our future kind of like a mirror.
Past, present, and future exist simultaneously. This is exactly what quantum physicists tell us today. It makes prophecy possible, not a prediction of what we are going to do but rather a record of what we have already done. "That which has been is now; and that which is to be has already been" (Ecclesiastes 3:15). Future history is already recorded and is just as real as our past.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by AsTaR

I don't accept those books as being true. Some of them may have somethings in them that are interesting, but God magnified the Bible even about his own name. Ps. 138: 2b "for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name."
The Bible also says is Psalm 12:6-7 " 6The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
7Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.

The Bible is the book that God approved, inspired, and preserved for every generation. The quote from Ecc. indicated that there is nothing you have or will experience that another person has not. If you search the Bible, you will find examples of various ways people handle the same situation and the consequences (good or bad) or that method. God wrote it so you will know what choices are best and which have bad outcomes, not to make you feel comfortable in knowing someone else has had the same problem.

[edit on 6/9/2010 by zachi]

new topics

top topics

join