It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS! Scientists have found evidence of life on Saturn's biggest moon Titan!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

You only looked at the first link. There are also links to NASA, New Scientist and other authoritative sources in the OP>

True, but those sites do not conclude that this data means that there is life on Titan, only that it is ONE of several possibilities. Science does not give one the luxury of choosing the one that he/she hopes is true. The jury is still out, and will be until further investigation produces CONCLUSIVE proof of life.
www.newscientist.com...

01:10 04 June 2010 by David Shiga
Two potential signatures of life on Saturn's moon Titan have been found by the Cassini spacecraft. But scientists are quick to point out that non-biological chemical reactions could also be behind the observations.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I actually saw the news earlier on yahoo news. I can't find it now but it said the same stuff as the google article.

A question. Can liquid methane dissolve minerals like or similar to water? If it can life on Titan is almost certain, i believe.

The Saturnian system seems to be a prime place to look for life. The vapor plumes off of Enceladus suggesting and sub surface ocean, now this.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Great now we all die off from some strange new bacteria that is from the creatures that inhabit the moon.

We should not connect with life out there until we have nanobots in our body that fight off any Foreign germs/bacteria.

[edit on 8-6-2010 by Theone2000]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Theone2000
Great now we all die off from some strange new bacteria that is from the creatures that inhabit the moon.

We should not connect with life out there until we have nanobots in our body that fight off any Foreign germs/bacteria.

[edit on 8-6-2010 by Theone2000]

It will be nearly impossible for one of there bacteria to effect us, considering if they get in our temps. they die. We wouldn't even have the same DNA structure.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Fascinating article and thread. I could see life in some form being on that moon. As we advance with technology, we get to peer deeper and deeper into the unknown. This is a great discovery. I will keep watching for updates. We live in exciting times right now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join