It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rachel Corrie News Thread - Possible LIVE STREAM

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Word is that IDF is currently attempting to board RC

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Obviously there's no way of knowing if these 'tweets' are really what's going on, but never the less, its worth following.

while I was speaking to Rachel Corrie, Israeli Soldiers attempted to board boat

Individuals on phone w/ Rachel Corrie passengers report Israelis now attempting to board, comms may be jammed soon

[edit on 4-6-2010 by grantbeed]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
No live Stream as yet, but news reports are flashing up on the Stream Screen. Seems like there are definatley warships along side her now.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
RADIO COVERAGE HERE -

www.ipadio.com...

[edit on 4-6-2010 by grantbeed]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
What those people are doing is an example to every person in the world. They are fighting opression, they are bringing hope to a forgotten people, they are showing one of the bigest sentiments that makes us human and this sentiment is called compassion.

And since today is aniversary of the Tiananmen Square Massacre I would like to share a video of the moment that a single person stops a line of tanks...

May his message will never be forgotten.

I hope the best to Rachel Corrie's crew and to Palestine people.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Latest -

Rachel Corrie being intercepted by Israel right now 5:18am gaza local time

Israeli troops attempt to board Irish Gaza aid convoy, the Rachel Corrie, 35 miles from Gaza

Unofficially From Twitter

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
God speed the "Rachel Corrie ship". Rip sweet angel the world will be watching .

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Apparently the ship has been taken. twitter.com... seems they have boarded and successfully taken over the Rachel Corrie.

[edit on 4-6-2010 by FearfulButInterested]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Unofficial reports R corrie taken peacably by idf....

link   
....blimey....

So they were trying to sneak in via Egypt coast, then it sounds like about 30-40 miles from Gaza (?) 3 Israeli warships came up & just now it's been confirmed - MV Rachel Corrie ship has been boarded by the Israeli Navy

link   

Originally posted by One Step Beyond...
What those people are doing is an example to every person in the world. They are fighting opression, they are bringing hope to a forgotten people, they are showing one of the bigest sentiments that makes us human and this sentiment is called compassion.

And since today is aniversary of the Tiananmen Square Massacre I would like to share a video of the moment that a single person stops a line of tanks...

May his message will never be forgotten.

I hope the best to Rachel Corrie's crew and to Palestine people.

An example? An example of what? Of aiding people who fire missiles into another country on a daily basis, people who purposely fire those missiles from buildings with kids and families to use as human shields? Get real.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
www.jpost.com...

'Rachel Corrie' offers deal
By JPOST.COM STAFF
06/05/2010 04:44

Ship willing to allow international inspection. Due in Gaza Sat. AM.

A Malaysian NGO which has representatives on board the Rachel Corrie, "Perdana Global Peace Organization" stated on its website Saturday morning that the ship's passengers had agreed to let an international force search the ship, before it proceeds to Gaza.

The statement said that, while the activists rejected Israel's right to blockade Gaza, the activists "request and invite for an independent international body, preferably inspectors from the the United Nations to board the ship and do the necessary to certify as to the nature of the cargo on board. Currently the MV Rachel Corrie is 150 miles away from the 25 mile line of Gaza."

The ship is reported to be about 100 miles from Gaza. The Maylasian NGO described it as a joint Irish-Maylaysian effort. The organization's website describes its mission as to "oppose war and champion peace and global understanding."

The Irish Foreign Minister, Dr. Michael Martin earlier reached an agreement with Israel, whereby the Rachel Corrie would proceed to Ashdod where its contents would be checked, unloaded and shipped to Gaza under observation of representatives of the activists, the UN and the Irish government. The activists rejected this offer, continuing to insist on sailing to Gaza and breaking the Israeli blockade, but also stated (according to the Irish FM) that they would not resist the IDF, should it decide to board the ship.

The ship is expected to close in on Gaza about 7 AM on Saturday morning. It's the second attempt this week by the Free Gaza Movement to break Israel's naval blockade of Gaza as well as its closure of that area's land passages to all but humanitarian aid.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by backwherewestarted

There is no way to condone the violence the Palestinians inflict on the Israelis but check the history (the full story) & it's more than obvious why they're so angry at Israel's behaviour towards them since 1946-ish.

Believe me - the Israeli violence far outweighs all the violence the Palestinians have inflicted... by a long way...

If you had a neighbour who treated you like Israel have treated Palestine... you'd be angry to.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

Thanks for posting the article - that's a smart move from the passengers on board the ship.. very clever, hope it works.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by FearfulButInterested

Was reading the tweets on your link, and I refreshed to see if anything new was posted, and now the page does not exist!

Coincidence

ETA: one of the latest tweets said that Israeli radio said that Israel had jammed all the corrie's satellite signals.

[edit on 4-6-2010 by ZombieJesus]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by moobaawoof

There is no way to condone the violence the Palestinians inflict on the Israelis but check the history (the full story) & it's more than obvious why they're so angry at Israel's behaviour towards them since 1946-ish.

Believe me - the Israeli violence far outweighs all the violence the Palestinians have inflicted... by a long way...

If you had a neighbour who treated you like Israel have treated Palestine... you'd be angry to.

Does any of that excuse the kind of comments made by the anti-Israel people in these various threads?

P.S. - Just because the Israelis have better weapons does not mean their violence outweighs anyone else's. Unfortunately thinking like that is common and ignorant.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieJesus

Yeah the twitter site maybe fell over from the spike of traffic!!
I'm getting page doesn't exist too now..

Did it fall over or was it pushed ...(?)

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
The IDF have taken the ship, the Humanitarians abroad have been arrested and will be deported.

No one has been harmed.

Israel sucks nonetheless.

C onfirmation

[edit on 4-6-2010 by Izarith]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   

While I AM against hate speech, I am equally against shooting people in the back. That is vile, IMO.

BTW if comms were jammed, how was this info getting out from the ship??

[edit on 4/6/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by moobaawoof

You may be right.

I don't use twitter myself, so Im not to familiar with how the site works, but I would imagine that too much traffic could definitely shut it down.

We'll have to wait and see

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join