It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone tried to report ILLEGAL immigrants??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I could care less if any bleeding hearts bash the crap out of this thread.
My simple question is: Has anyone successfully contacted ICE or INS to report ILLEGAL immigrants?

My reason (only because I respect what ATS is about & stands for) and to make clear that I believe this is one of the stepping stones for the fall of the USA.

I am a project manager for a company currently doing new commercial construction (shocking in this economy) but we are very busy with new and remodel sites. By the way I'm in the security field so that should tell you why we're busy.

My recent trip to a job site had my blood boiling, out of about 35 people on the site from different trades, I estimated that over 3/4's of them were of the Spanish descent. Now that being said alone is not what I'm basing this decision on, what also caught my attention was the fact that only 1 out of 12 that I tried to speak to spoke a very heavy broken English and needless to say my question did not get answered.

So on the ride home I have my Sirius radio tuned to a talking head spewing out the latest and greatest employment #'s and how they're fudged with the census jobs.

I do understand our countries situation and I do believe ILLEGAL immigration is a major player in this.

I made it home before my wife and put in a request for a pie & wings from our local pizza joint that she passes on her way home. I was happy to see the pie but the look on her face made me pour an extra shot in both of our cocktails. After 1 drink down she let loose and started to tell me about the Spanish workers at her job. Another construction site (this time residential) out of 2 crews framing these houses, there's not 1 English speaking guy out there except the alleged crew leader who speaks very broken English.

My point is that yrs. ago this was not the case. I cannot communicate with these guys too find out their status and I'm sick of this crap! If they can't understand me & I have the faintest idea that they are here illegally I will report them, but I'd like to know if anyone has had any success at this.

Nothing here.
www.immigrationdirect.com...

I'd try this but "Secretary Janet Napolitano" scares the crap out of me.
www.ice.gov...

[edit on 4-6-2010 by 5 oClock]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
This is just a blog with a mans story.

I’m 70 years old. When I was growing up in Virginia, we had Jewish neighbor’s, we had Catholic neighbors, and even a few Quakers, and lots of Christian’s, and everyone got along great. We didn’t know what an “Illegal” was. Everyone came to our country for a better life, and they came the right/legal way and were met with open arms. They came and learned “OUR LANGUAGE” English…The Italians, nor the Lebanese had to have translators for anything. Their first priority was to learn English. We didn’t have to hire translators for the courtroom, or schools, or hospitals. If someone had trouble making an American understand, they had a family member who spoke a little better English, and there was never a problem, yet in today’s world Social Services, Schools, Courts, Hospitals, etc., are required by law to have translators. WHAT’S WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE? Is it me? Am I so old, and so far behind time that I have trouble understanding why we’re having this big problem and difference in our country?

jobs.hirby.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by 5 oClock

So does your wife or you have any pictures/ videos as evidence? Or is it just another story with no evidence?

Ahh I can imagine your plight...having dinner with wine in A/C and talking about workers at construction sight who speak broken english. I wonder how anyone can survive that atrocity.

[edit on 4-6-2010 by YJLTG]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by YJLTG

Yeah that's right, I work hard & I play hard. My A/C is kickin strong & I have already defended my country and will again! By the way the pizza was wonderful and my cap'n coke might need a refresher.

Edit to add: I see your new to the boards, consider this my welcome.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
i have made reports to ins to no avail. our government does not care.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I had to listen to spanish all day at work when I had a job. Most of them knew english but only used it when they had to. We had asians and africans that spoke english even though it wasn't there native language. With so many people from so many countries who learned english, it is truly the language that ties us all together.

When I was hit by a vehical as a pedestrian, one witness didn't understand english that well and her original statement would have had me at fault instead of the driver. Once my lawyer explained what different words meant, she changed the story and had the driver at fault. Originally she did not understand. In an emergency situation if they needed help they might be screwed because they would have to wait for a translater. This is dangerous.

Never in my life have I seen people catered to for their language like the spanish speaking population. Signs everywhere, literature etc. Now I am seeing more and more where you have to be bilingual and speak spanish to get a factory job. The reason? "Most of our workers speak it." There is no reason that an American citizen should have to speak a foreign language in their own country. There is no reason an American citizen should be turned away from a job in their own country because so many illegals do not respect our language. If I lived in their country and refused to learn the language it would be disrespectful.

Some states are thinking about setting up a hotline for reporting illegals.

[edit on 4-6-2010 by Night Star]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Ok, this is what you and your wife will have to do, to determine if they know english or really do not know english. Next time you are there and they are only speaking spanish, look at the ground and say: Is that a 20? Who ever looks is busted and they will know it. But at the same time you have to be prepared to make waves that will cause some problems and may or may not get you let go. But the other thing you both will need to do, the next time it happens is Complain to the management and HR of your company that you are not able to communicate or understand what is being stated in your presence, and that such is an act of Hostile work environment.
I have worked alot of jobs, even those that were multicultural, and it was written in the employee hand book that ENGLISH was the only language to be spoken, and that if 2 employees were speaking in any language that was not understood by everyone present, then they could not only be written up, but also terminated for creating a Hostile work environment.
Do not accept that they give you a translator, cause then the translator can say anything, and even then it is a chance that they will lie to you.
And be prepared to get a lawyer and sue, especially if the management does not do anything or takes actions against you.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

When I was hit by a vehical as a pedestrian, one witness didn't understand english that well and her original statement would have had me at fault instead of the driver.

This touches on one of my fears. As I said I'm in the security industry and I see too much crap every week in person and on video of crimes taking place. I have seen and heard the stories of ILLEGALS committing horrendous crimes and running for the border to never ever face the punishment.

The language barrier is not the main issue though. I will not sugar coat it, I know an illegal when no-one speaks English & all 12 people pile into 1 cargo van (also illegal)and go to 1 small 1 bedroom apt. I'd just like ICE or INS to do their job!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Thank you for the welcome, I saw you have entirely skipped the evidence part which means you don;t have any. That's all I wanted to know. Thanx for the small chat..ttyl

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I just feel that by me not being bilingual it holds me back from a lot of job opportunities. I work in the medical field and when I look at job postings most say something about being bilingual.

I am in no way racist and everybody deserves a fair chance but English is, I think, something thing everyone should learn if you're living or working here.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

You bet they'd know any dollar amount. I do know some Spanish (mostly curse words and gratitude) go figure.

I have worked alot of jobs, even those that were multicultural, and it was written in the employee hand book that ENGLISH was the only language to be spoken,

I'm no spring chicken, but challenge any of you to drive by a construction site just to check out the demographics.

I really don't want or can't afford to raise a stink in any way to jeopardize a contract but an anonymous tip that was acted upon would work just fine.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

out of about 35 people on the site from different trades, I estimated that over 3/4's of them were of the Spanish descent. Now that being said alone is not what I'm basing this decision on, what also caught my attention was the fact that only 1 out of 12 that I tried to speak to spoke a very heavy broken English and needless to say my question did not get answered.

So 3/4 are of Spanish decent and 1/12 spoke broken English, so now they are all illegal?

You are aware that the US gives visas and residency to people who don't speak English, aren't you?

You are also aware that unless one is going for Citizenship, their is no requirement for them to learn English.

Furthermore, instead of quizzing the workers, why didn't you flat out ask the employers.

If they can't understand me & I have the faintest idea that they are here illegally I will report them,

Report away my friend. Maybe I am wrong, but a part of me tells me that even if those 3/4 turn out to be legal residents, you would still have a problem with it.

Like you said

My point is that yrs. ago this was not the case.

I have seen and heard the stories of ILLEGALS committing horrendous crimes and running for the border to never ever face the punishment.

Wonder if you heard about the legal ones who do the same thing.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by YJLTG

Thank you for the welcome, I saw you have entirely skipped the evidence part which means you don;t have any. That's all I wanted to know. Thanx for the small chat..ttyl

What a hard piece of evidence to provide

Anyone who's lived and worked in the U.S. & are over the age of 25 would realize this fact. As I said before I have fought & will fight again for my country.
I'm tired of walking on eggshells.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Semper Fi Jam,

I also served in the USMC 88' - 92' I was born & raised by a Marine and I do know shades of green, right/wrong and legal & ILLEGAL when I see it.

I'm tired of the sugar coating B.S. and as I've said in this post it's not about the language alone. I have a second generation strait off the boat Grandmother from Ireland who came through the front door & adapted to the USA along with everyone else who is LEGAL.

Edit to add: Yes I do know somewhat about Visa's, my wife's Co. used to hire J-1 workers from Europe and some were also attending a college.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
You know what's funny...is that you are so outraged at this illegal immigration issue...and you are going to give ICE more work to do with ZERO PROOF. And then you will complain that they aren't doing their job fast enough...but won't realize it is because they are having to deal with people like you reporting every Mexican they see because they "look" illegal or "sound" illegal. I love how people think ICE is just sitting around doing nothing waiting for "tips" from untrained citizens.

Jam nailed it...they could be hear legally on work visas or maybe they have lived in a latino community their whole life and never had a need to learn fluent english.

But go ahead...go report all brown people you see...and then wonder why ICE is overloaded with work...good plan.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

O.K. there's no ILLEGAL immigrants working in the U.S and certainly no Mexicans. KMA

I will report away. I will make life a living hell for any illegals I come across.
Come through the front door & be welcomed.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Ya know...I went to Lowes today. Picked up a gift for my Dad for father's day...and couldn't help but notice the HUGE signs near the ceiling that pointed out where things were. They were in English and Spanish. Everything everywhere is in English and Spanish. I can only find French on my shampoo! AND, Spanish is with it too!
That is what gets me about people saying "hispanics aren't the only people coming here"
Why all the signs and the Spanish, then?
I also used to work in security, and one of my sites employed illegals from staffing services. I was there for almost 5 years, and according to my boss who had been there 11, INS had not dropped by. BUT, the last time they did...the workers were running and jumping over the barbed wire fence as quickly as possible. Out of 300 workers, there was only the company workers left. All of the temp workers(illegals)were gone.
And of course, they never speak English. We had some Nigerians there too...funny. They could speak English!

And I agree with the rebuttal to the argument that business would crumble if we deported them all..."then they(the companies) should have learned how to handle paying citizens."
Sick of it all!
The above poster was right. INS doesn't care.

-FCL

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5 oClock

O.K. there's no ILLEGAL immigrants working in the U.S and certainly no Mexicans.

Is that what I said? How do you get that out of what I said???

I will report away. I will make life a living hell for any illegals I come across.
Come through the front door & be welcomed.

Or you will just flood ICE with useless crap to sift through and their real investigations will be delayed.

Whatever floats your boat buddy.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
[more)

Nothing to see here. I have a new mission. TKS. I will flood ICE my local rep., my Senators, my Governor. Whatever it takes.

By the way I do the hiring for 4 states and you better believe any one working for me is legal, background checked and by my State law figerprinted. Just to weed out the bad eggs or ILLEGALS.

Construction is referred to as a “job Americans won’t do.” When I started in commercial construction in 1971, a guy could raise a family and make a decent living. There were no illegal immigrants in any of the trades. One result of our government’s failure to enforce our immigration laws is that illegals have flooded the construction industry.

I can post these all night long for the bind who can read without brail.

blogs.denverpost.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Thanks Randy

www.abovetopsecret.com...&flagit=578469

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join