It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disturbing Job Ads: 'The Unemployed Will Not Be Considered'

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by C11H17N2NaO2S

Mr Kaius Alexander you are the guy who was on here under a different username supporting child molesters.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by C11H17N2NaO2S]

Excuse me? I have read these forums for over a year, however, I did not register until just the other day.

I think you've just proved that no one should take your posts seriously.

I will agree with you on one point, that we have gone off topic, and from now on should cease doing so.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Well, as for myself I am also currently unemployed. I do some work here and there, when I can.

I have not had a 'real' job in over a year. But you know what, it was by choice!

When we moved last year, my wife was recruited to the area. At the time, we had some money put aside. We were comfortable, yes. I decided to take some time off. I was extremely burned out from my last position, to the point that I my work suffered, and I simply didn't care any more.

A break is what I needed. Something different.

Now I find that I may not even get a chance to explain all this to a potential employer, as my sabbatical is considered delinquency? That is sad.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Good Evening,

Ok, I'm going to go out on a limb here (flame suit on), but there are tons of opportunities right now..for people to make more money than they ever dreamed. For the most part, many are too lazy or misguided to actually do it.

For example, we constantly see bag people, the homeless wake up at 5 am, spend the day going through the garbage looking for bottles, cans etc, filling up a shopping cart and then trudging to the return depot for their daily dollar. When I have asked these people why the hell they would put in so much effort, they say there is no opportunity, or they claim they have freedom to do what they want. If you were to ask me, I think they are spending far too much effort for minimal results.

Now I have a business, been incorporated for 12 years, 13 this December. About 8 years ago I saw an opportunity to change how we did business and turned my back on huge revenues for smaller recursive revenue. When I made this choice, my staff quit. They claimed that I had lost my mind and would soon go under.

Here we are, years later and I am still in business. My company still functions, we are still making money. One of our biggest problems is that few people out side of our core areas are aware of what we do so expansion is difficult or slow. Our services are geared toward the small business owner, not the big business. My point in this thread is that there are tons of jobs, tons of money available for people if they are only willing to take the chance to help one another as they help themselves.

Sure, if your looking to punch a clock and drone away on your assembly line job as you demand the latest benefits from your union steward, well your going to be out of luck. If you are a motivated person, who is not a fool and willing to take control of your life and future, then there is opportunity absolutely for sure, especially in the USA. I'm Canadian for gawd sake and I can do this up here with 10% of your population. Always glad to hear from other ats members

Ok, so for the guys in the thread that are lying to prospective employers about past experience or those that think they wont get found out, believe it when I tell you that sooner or later you will get found out. Your employer isn't as dumb as you might think. Your counting on that employer having limited exposure to these other industry related peers or limited life experience in either case its a hard gamble.

..Ex

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

How bout getting let go because there is no sales going on.
Got let go 2 months ago, and it was after about 5 waves of layoffs.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Totalstranger
thats bull!

I suggest anyone who doesnt want a gap do what I have done. I know several local businesses that have gone under and I have said I worked there before they went out of business. the phone number and address can come straight from a phone book, and you can make up a name of your superiors. as far as not having any futher contact info, well who has there bosses home phone number?

BTW I have done this twice and plan to again if necessary. dishonest? yes, but not as bad as the BS that OP just posted

I agree!! I have had to resort to doing this as well....we have to 'make the resume work' by any means necessary...

and make sure we are believable on the interview ( rehearse just like an actor)

it works

and if employers feel like this is immoral and wrong then they need not always expect people with unrealistic backgrounds anyway!!!
edit on 23-10-2010 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
I agree!! I have had to resort to doing this as well....we have to 'make the resume work' by any means necessary...
and make sure we are believable on the interview ( rehearse just like an actor)
it works
and if employers feel like this is immoral and wrong then they need not always expect people with unrealistic backgrounds anyway!!!
edit on 23-10-2010 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

You have got to be kidding. :|

Your suggestion is to falsify your resume, to compete with people that actually apply themselves? I just don't have the words to describe how underhanded, juvenile and deceitful this is.

Imagine you applied for a job you were fully qualified for and another also applied for the same job. You worked in school, studied hard and achieved the right to earn based on those efforts. The other guy, well, he just lied on his application, but because of his lies he gets the job. Now how would that make you feel? It would only be later that the employer found out the other guy wasn't even qualified for the job, so not only did that guy steal from the employer, he would have stolen from you as well.

How is it that you even wonder why your in the situation your in? Sure..it's the economy, it's someone else's fault. Must be the bankers..yes..that's it.

..Ex

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by v3_exceed

Hey I think the issue here is that you are an employer not an employee. You have absolutely zero idea how the job market is in the United States. I can say that with 100% certainty. The unemployment rate where I live is 20% +. In an area of 100,000 thats 20,000 people who can work who aren't at work.

Is it your personal belief that when the unemployment rate is low that more people are being less lazy? And not that there are no jobs?

The fact is that its the latter. There are actually less jobs now than there were 5 years ago. And a larger population also.

Im willing to do what I have to do to survive. You own a business. Do you know what is like to go 48 hours without food on a regular basis so your kids dont have to? Who can fire you? You own the place!!!!

I'm willing to do what I have to do to survive. I haven't tried lying but Im about to. I've sold drugs and I'm not beyond doing it again.

When its do or die, and people are starving.... It's different. So different you don't have any idea what it is like. Things like telling the truth and following laws become luxuries next to feeding children or having a roof over your head.

Put yourself in someone else's shoes before you judge them

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerForLight

Hey I think the issue here is that you are an employer not an employee. You have absolutely zero idea how the job market is in the United States. I can say that with 100% certainty. The unemployment rate where I live is 20% +. In an area of 100,000 thats 20,000 people who can work who aren't at work.

Good morning, You are 100% correct, i have no real idea what it is like in the USA for unemployment. I am Canadian and as we have 10% of the population you do, we also have about 10% of the opportunity.

Is it your personal belief that when the unemployment rate is low that more people are being less lazy? And not that there are no jobs?

No, I would have to say that when unemployment is low, it is because people (employers) have more available cash, thus hire more. People are always lazy. When things are going well people are both lazy and greedy.

The fact is that its the latter. There are actually less jobs now than there were 5 years ago. And a larger population also.

This is again, spot on. There is a larger population, and with employers utilizing offshore labor and resources they are killing their local economies. The people at immigration don't realize that the "melting pot" mentality only works when there are more jobs and less people, not when it is the other way around.

I'm willing to do what I have to do to survive. You own a business. Do you know what is like to go 48 hours without food on a regular basis so your kids dont have to? Who can fire you? You own the place!!!!

I too am willing to do what I have to to survive. I took a terrible chance when I started my business. I put my family at risk, my kids and my wife. I remember the gut wrenching feeling each morning when I woke up, like a black fist in my stomach where I was only hoping to be able to make my mortgage payment that month. I worked 18 hr days for years to get my business off the ground. I went for years barely even seeing my kids, going without frills was an average day. knowing that to fail would mean the end of everything I had for me and my family.

About getting fired.. I get fired from my job every time a client chooses to use another provider. Every time a staff person screws up I get to pay the bill for it. When a staff person lies to a client, or to me I get to reap the costs of those lies. Owning the business doesn't give a person a lordship over everyone else. Owning a business means you stand in the lowest hole and all sh#t flows into it. You have to make all of the hard calls and bear all of the responsibility every time. When the company owes, you eat the cost. When a client goes under you eat the thousands in unpaid revenue.

I'm willing to do what I have to do to survive. I haven't tried lying but I'm about to. I've sold drugs and I'm not beyond doing it again.

People will do what they have to in order to make ends meet. When you think of the effort you put into selling what you had to, the risk you took just to feed your family, this is commendable. I too did what i had to do, and I still do every day.

When its do or die, and people are starving.... It's different. So different you don't have any idea what it is like. Things like telling the truth and following laws become luxuries next to feeding children or having a roof over your head.

Ok, this is a bit of a reach, but I grew up with nothing. I was kicked out at 12 years old. I know exactly what its like to not have a roof over your head, or food available to you. I spend one summer raiding gardens just to have anything to eat. So in this respect I have to disagree with your perception of my experiences.

Put yourself in someone else's shoes before you judge them

I have been in those shoes and more. I have had disgruntled staff stalk and threaten my family. I have had staff lie to the labor board about how they were treated and get caught in those lies (that was funny), beg for money when they lost their wages to drugs and gambling, I have fed them when tragedy struck their families. In all of this I have persevered. I have gone without getting paid to make sure my staff did get paid and far more than just once.

What I had been saying in my earlier post, is that people who are lazy, people who will lie to get a job they can't do and don't deserve, are a plague on society. Those who will lie to get slightly ahead will always take the short road and receive the short benefits. They will then blame everyone except the guy in the mirror.

Now suppose I were to say to you that you could earn 10k a month in today's economy with only acquiring and looking after 200 small businesses. Not looking after thousands of clients, just 200, and you only needed to acquire them once. I am not talking about a scam, not talking about Amway I'm talking about real value to real people with things they are already paying too much for. (for the math challenged that's 50$ a month per client)

Most people would say that I was nuts, that I was lying to the clients or scamming them in some way. Most people would find reasons that it can't possibly be true because it's easier to be lazy and wallow in their own despair than it is to take effort for themselves. It's those people I was deriding in my previous post, not the few that will actually earn their way to a better life. It's there it really is and has nothing to do with how unemployed people are it has to do with a persons fortitude and perseverance. Most people don't own businesses, most rely on others to do the thinking for them, then complain when that person earns more than they do. I'm more than happy to show anyone who wants to know how to improve their lives, but believe I have been where each unemployed person is.

..Ex

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Lying on a resume should be

to close gaps
a degree ( as long as it does not directly relate to the job....ie technician, nurse, lawyer, teacher, etc)
former supervisors
make dull job descriptions lively ( you can add to it as long as you are able to fake it til you make it

We should apply for jobs that we at least can be able to be trained on, as they are going to train us anyway.

Employers expect a robotic, absolutely perfect candidate to apply when that is just simply not realistic; more than likely, they're already employed.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie

Lying on a resume should be
to close gaps a degree ( as long as it does not directly relate to the job....ie technician, nurse, lawyer, teacher, etc) former supervisors make dull job descriptions lively ( you can add to it as long as you are able to fake it til you make it

We should apply for jobs that we at least can be able to be trained on, as they are going to train us anyway.

Employers expect a robotic, absolutely perfect candidate to apply when that is just simply not realistic; more than likely, they're already employed.

I don't know where you have been looking for jobs, but employers actually look for the creative people who can enhance the workplace. es an employer will normally train an individual on how they do things, but that doesn't mean employers aren't looking for ways to make it better.

This also doesn't mean that every idea put forward will be used for sure. That employer has probably been around the block a few times and may have tried what your suggesting already.

The perfect candidate is generally one with the best attitude. The guy that isn't going to make each day a challenge when things don't go his way. The only reason that employers want people that are already employed during the really thin times is because the other employer would have only kept their very best employees on.

The best employee I ever had came to me with zero practical experience. It was during thinner times, so I wasn't sure we should even hire him, but his attitude was so awesome that we gave it a shot and he was a fantastic employee.

When you lie, embellish or fib on your resume, eventually you will get caught and then your name turns to mud. Another real problem with lying, is you never know if what you claim you have done is critical to the job. (Whimis safety training etc..)

To me, there seems to be a lot of opportunities to make this turn of events work in your favor. Being deceitful just rubs me the wrong way.

..Ex

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Now I'm not sure what kind of business it is after you mention amway and 50 bucks a month from 200 clients... Kidding. But I understand what you mean with deranged employees, its part of the deal for sure, although it shouldnt be.

Originally posted by v3_exceed

Good Evening,

Ok, I'm going to go out on a limb here (flame suit on), but there are tons of opportunities right now..for people to make more money than they ever dreamed. For the most part, many are too lazy or misguided to actually do it.

This appears at first to be a clear case of a Canadian calling Americans lazy. However-->

What I had been saying in my earlier post, is that people who are lazy, people who will lie to get a job they can't do and don't deserve, are a plague on society.

Here you clearly pointed out that you said something completely different even though I quoted.

I am Canadian and as we have 10% of the population you do, we also have about 10% of the opportunity.

And Im super confused about this. A city of 100k is a city of 100k no matter where you live. I can understand if you live in a coal mine in the northern territories or something... It would be like living in Nebraska Im sure.

Anyways thank you for your response. Please don't take me seriously.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
At the end of the day you are either the boss or a slave....

Running around looking for employment is like running around asking to be a slave....

Generate your own revenue.... Heck you can make 40k a year simply going to good will in nice neighborhoods and selling brand name clothes for a steep markup on the net...

There is never a reason to be without cash flow outside of full disability...

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
There is a manager here of 7 restaurants. When accepting applications....she said she will not consider anyone not being employed in the last 6 months. She throws all those apps away.....

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   

This appears at first to be a clear case of a Canadian calling Americans lazy. However-->

Actually, It's a clear case of me calling PEOPLE lazy

What I had been saying in my earlier post, is that people who are lazy, people who will lie to get a job they can't do and don't deserve, are a plague on society.

Here you clearly pointed out that you said something completely different even though I quoted.

I still stand by what I wrote. I've seen it personally, people will lie, get a job they cannot do and then blame YOU for asking too much of them. Being in a technical industry it's even more appearant when people are under skilled. They could apply for jobs they are more suited for, but they normally apply for jobs they think are easy with better immediate pay.

I am Canadian and as we have 10% of the population you do, we also have about 10% of the opportunity.

And Im super confused about this. A city of 100k is a city of 100k no matter where you live. I can understand if you live in a coal mine in the northern territories or something... It would be like living in Nebraska Im sure.

Your probably not familiar with the makeup of a Canadian city, so no biggie. Our cities aren't quite the same as American cities. Normally ours are often centered around a specific industry. So you might find a town centered around a milling operation. Where most of the people in town live to service that mill. Or you might find the town servicing the oil patch industry where many of the residents support that. Most of the prairies are supporting farming, so if your not involved with farming, forestry or the oil patch you really do have fewer opportunities. This is a generalization of course our major cities are probably closer to what your expecting.

Anyways thank you for your response. Please don't take me seriously.

No worries, my posts aren't directed at any one person, I do agree with the other fellow where he suggests selling clothes on ebay. There really is so much opportunity that it's staggering to see so many people waiting for the government to make things better. In my case, I have clients all over the world, even some in the USA. If I didn't think beyond the scope of my city I would be a lot worse off I'm sure.

..Ex

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
There is a manager here of 7 restaurants. When accepting applications....she said she will not consider anyone not being employed in the last 6 months. She throws all those apps away.....

Yep, that is the prevailing attitude.

So, since there are at least 5 candidates per job opening (it's actually a LOT bigger gap then that) then that means each candidate has 80% chance minimum of not getting hired. Not very good odds at all. And around here it's thousands of applicants per job opening.

They even have a box on the first page to check whether you're currently employed or not. Makes it easy to filter you out.

I haven't been even called in for a job interview since March. I guess I am just thrown in the garbage can. Filling out applications is a waste of time.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Ebay is dead. I list hundreds of items a week and lucky if one thing sells.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Jessicamsa

To some of the posts that claim that all people (generally speaking) want to sit back and collect unemployment is beyond untrue. I have worked since the age of 15 and now, just before my sixties, I have, for the first time EVER, been forced to apply for unemployment. I am educated (I have a Master of Arts degree in International studies) and have consistently worked my entire career. If there is some sort of rationale for refusing to interview older, more experienced adults it may have something to do with a perception that we cannot be flexible, or adjust to a new corporate culture. The fact of the matter is that we are creative, perceptive, hard working, better able to travel and work longer hours because our children are grown, and have a lot to contribute..most of us actually enjoy coworkers of various ages because it keeps our ideas fresh and our abilities honed in a competitive atmosphere. Many educated older employees have am enormous amount of skills, including critical thinking, an in-depth knowledge of customer behavior, are computer savvy and yes...we believe our $100K plus educational bill (we are trying to responsibly pay off) is worthy of more than $20 per hour. There is an enormous gap in the reality. I'm hopeful employers will eventually understand that the person in charge of HR who is in their 30s may come to acknowledge the value of an older, experienced and highly skilled potential employee. But, frankly, I won't hold my breath. Maybe we need some undercover bosses to check their HR departments and stop rewarding an under skilled employee in a society that could really use some intellectual capacity.

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join