It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious light with spiral tail seen in Aussie sky

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ashcool007
reply to post by darkraver

Well the Rocket was Launched 18:45 GMT and sydney time is GMT + 10:00 hours which will be 4:45 am sydney timings Now we all know the escape velocity of the rocket is 11.2 Km/s and the distance btween florida and sydney is around 15080 km + 253 km at angle 34 degrees leaves me with conclusion of it being the falcon 9 of course I am open to arguments as i want to learn the truth

THis was MY quote Thanks

I just took this off the NYT the powered stages only lasted about 9 min making this impossible to be responsible for the spiral.

"The Space Exploration Technologies Corporation, SpaceX for short, launched the 154-foot, 735,000-pound Falcon 9 rocket from the Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida, heading east over the Atlantic. The nine first-stage engines ignited at 2:45 p.m. and burned for three minutes before dropping into the ocean while the second-stage engines burned about six minutes to place a dummy payload capsule almost perfectly into the target orbit 155 miles above the Earth."

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Thanks for stopping by Jim.

I'm wondering if not all is going well with the Falcon, particularly with the unexpected roll and that it may have been (or still is) going on too long.

Thoughts?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Hello all. It is a very interesting story indeed, in light of there being so many sightings on the eastern side of OZ. I am from Lithgow in NSW, seen some strange lights myself. I am going to invest in a good quality video camera with night vision very shortly, and hopefully catch something myself. Cannot wait. Pleased to be part of this forum, and thanks for the great stories and vids.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147

Originally posted by Neo__

Could it be that these events, i.e. this spiral and the Norway spiral, occur at the same time as rocket launches for a reason?

Yes, the reason being that they are CAUSED by those rockets.

This thing over Australia was caused by the Falcon 9, like I was saying oh 14 pages ago (when few agreed). Now we have that confirmed in the media.

Ahhhh.....right, 'cause everyone knows that as soon as the media confirms something then it must be true. Who's being naive now?

You?

The time, location, and direction all match what is known about the Falcon 9.

Sorry, this is nothing to do with naivety. It's to do with looking at the known facts and then coming up with the most plausible explanation (unless you have a better one?).

BTW - the media confirmed Michael Jackson died. Are we to assume this is a lie, because we all know if the media confirms it, it MUST be a conspiracy.

I simply asked the question "could it be..". You are assuming that the media "confirmed" this as truth.

Re the Micheal Jackson thing, I don't assume the media is lying or attempting cover ups as a normal practice. I just don't assume anything they say confirms the truth.

i.e. Here's a picture of Presdent elect Harry Truman holding a Nov 3rd newspaper in 1948. Did this confirm the winner of the election?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f8a238e359e2.jpg[/atsimg]

Edit: I should add Fox, that in this case it does indeed look like it could've been the rocket, it was going over head at the same time. I just have distrust of believing something just because the media reports on it.

[edit on 5-6-2010 by Neo__]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Project_Exo

Originally posted by Ashcool007
reply to post by darkraver

Well the Rocket was Launched 18:45 GMT and sydney time is GMT + 10:00 hours which will be 4:45 am sydney timings Now we all know the escape velocity of the rocket is 11.2 Km/s and the distance btween florida and sydney is around 15080 km + 253 km at angle 34 degrees leaves me with conclusion of it being the falcon 9 of course I am open to arguments as i want to learn the truth

THis was MY quote Thanks

I just took this off the NYT the powered stages only lasted about 9 min making this impossible to be responsible for the spiral.

"The Space Exploration Technologies Corporation, SpaceX for short, launched the 154-foot, 735,000-pound Falcon 9 rocket from the Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida, heading east over the Atlantic. The nine first-stage engines ignited at 2:45 p.m. and burned for three minutes before dropping into the ocean while the second-stage engines burned about six minutes to place a dummy payload capsule almost perfectly into the target orbit 155 miles above the Earth."

www.nytimes.com...

so it went east over Atlantic right?
and the Spiral was seen on the east coast of Australia right?

therefore the Spiral obviously wasn't Falcon rocket related in any way...

any other rockets out there we can throw on the wagon?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Could it be that these events, i.e. this spiral and the Norway spiral, occur at the same time as rocket launches for a reason?

Yes, the reason being that they are CAUSED by those rockets.

This thing over Australia was caused by the Falcon 9, like I was saying oh 14 pages ago (when few agreed). Now we have that confirmed in the media.

Some people won't ever believe these spirals are caused by rockets because they WANT TO BELIEVE something else. They will bypass logic, reason, and evidence to help keep their hopes alive.

Mulder! 14 pages or not and the reports are speculative that it may have been a rocket and NOT CONFIRMED.

Also the timing of the launch and the sighting here is out by a full hour as mentioned on the radio by some expert so nothing is conclusive yet.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
If I am to understand all this correctly, it couldnt have been the rocket because it wasnt in flight long enough to come anywhere near Oz...in the air less than 10 minutes yet 45 minutes needed to reach Australia...

If this is the case, it really P's me off when ATS pseudo scientists comes along, overbrimming with expertise, with all the answers, put forward with such authority that it just has to be true........................even though its not!!

Anyone can have a guess ....but instead of the "sage-like tone" why not just say you are as clueless as the rest of us....24 hours later and the water a lot murkier than ever sure isnt going to add value, only hinder...I'm all for speculation, but dont sell it to me as 99% positive...when you havent a clue either!!

And if my first paragraph is true....then why are we still discussing the Falcon ??

Shouldnt we be crossing it off the list??

Also, do you really believe they would test rockets over populated areas??

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
The light source seems huge if this was in low earth and in control then why is there such a massive source of light emanating from the presumed craft?

On one of the videos you can see multiple light sources.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3cac7aa239c0.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Aresh Troxit

Marks for saying it as it is:

I mean, this is only ATS, reporter of MSM... right?

East coast of Australia. Loooooong way from the Atlantic

(needed to say that, considering the abysmal geography of many on ATS, hundreds of whom insist New Zealand ocean-hopped from up near India to the eastern side of Oz)

Read pages of posts last night in this thread. And it very soon struck me that the 'formers and shapers of opinion' gang landed in force in this thread, quite early on. Which inclines me to suspect they've been despatched to sell (or even insist in some instances) that a large unidentified object cruising slowly and circularly around the eastern States of Australia is some sort of cast-off section of a little rocket launched in the US

Australia is a massive land-mass, incidentally -- not all that much smaller in size than the continental United States

Ps: the Formers and Shapers of opinion have nowhere near convinced me of the 'official' story about that little rocket from the US and its alleged 'ejected fuel' or whatever

[edit on 5-6-2010 by Dock9]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by benoni

Couldn't agree with you more, re: this and other comments in your post:

Anyone can have a guess ....but instead of the "sage-like tone" why not just say you are as clueless as the rest of us....24 hours later and the water a lot murkier than ever sure isnt going to add value, only hinder...I'm all for speculation, but dont sell it to me as 99% positive...when you havent a clue either!!

Ps: it was nice to see Burleigh esplanade again in the vids
And to hear the lorikeets squawking at dawn !

I walked that esplanade morning and night, from Burleigh to Nobby's, for close to 40 years. Made me homesick seeing the vids. Have to get back there soon --- Sydney is like a living-death

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
couldnt agree more with you dock.....

Well said and the same essence I placed in my thread above yours!!

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by benoni

LOL. I don't know why they try to muck around with Aussies

Our minds are our own and we've never been slow to speak them

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkraver

so it went east over Atlantic right?
and the Spiral was seen on the east coast of Australia right?

Right!

therefore the Spiral obviously wasn't Falcon rocket related in any way...

Wrong.

Imagine, if you will, the Falcon 9 staying on its easterly course to cross Africa, the Indian Ocean, and Australia. After all, we're talking about putting a payload in orbit, right? Right.

OK. Now imagine that the Falcon 9 is rolling (this has been confirmed) as it is traveling along its course. Now, by the time the rocket reached pre-dawn Australia it had already reached orbit and its engine had been shut down. At this point the craft started to vent its leftover fuel out the side of the vehicle.

Due to the rolling of the vehicle the vented fuel plume takes on a spiral appearance. Since the plume was in orbit it was illuminated by the Sun while the observers on Earth were still in the dark, making for a spooky apparition.

That simple.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by IAttackPeople

Nice to see you from 2007

For some reason, this story and the latest Israeli atrocity drew dozens of long-time-no-hear members out of the woodwork

Anyway, re your post and explanations : Not buying it. Thanks anyway

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Down Under
Mulder! 14 pages or not and the reports are speculative that it may have been a rocket and NOT CONFIRMED.

Also the timing of the launch and the sighting here is out by a full hour as mentioned on the radio by some expert so nothing is conclusive yet.

No, it is not "confirmed" yet you're correct. Does it need to be?

Norway Spiral - Russian Bulava Missile
China Spiral - German Taurus Missile
"Canada" Sprial (hoax, actually filmed near Cape Canaveral) - NASA rocket
Australia Spiral - Flacon 9 rocket

Sorry, but to keep up this idea that these spirals are extraterrestrial is to ignore logic, reason, and evidence. It's your choice - delude yourself, or don't. I'm just trying to help here.

[edit on 5-6-2010 by FOXMULDER147]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Down Under

No, it is not "confirmed" yet you're correct. Does it need to be?

Norway Spiral - Russian Bulava Missile
China Spiral - German Taurus Missile
"Canada" Sprial (hoax, actually filmed near Cape Canaveral) - NASA rocket
Australia Spiral - Flacon 9 rocket

Sorry, to keep up this idea that these spirals are extraterrestrial is to ignore logic, reason, and evidence. It's your choice - delude yourself, or don't. I'm just trying to help here.

Who said they were extraterrestrial Mulder? I sure did not.

You have to stop puting people in boxes, a UFO is a UFO as in unidentified object thats it, does not mean its extraterrestrial.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
No where have I stated ET connections mate...you seem pretty good at assumptions!!

And yes we need confirmation, which is something I dont think we will get, given SpaceX refuses to release its flight plans.....why not??

You are not helping actually...you are hindering ......

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by benoni
Also, do you really believe they would test rockets over populated areas??

Just what is the "population" of the South Pacific Ocean?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I just watched the video footage on the Nine MSN news link and, I have to say, I'm not convinced by the rocket theory... This looks too otherworldly.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I'm sorry...either you are confused or playing games....

The spiral was sighted in Oz...wtf has the South Pacific got to do with anything???

Another example of helping out here??

Jeez....

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join