It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious light with spiral tail seen in Aussie sky

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

About 2 years ago I was sitting outside in the early hours of the morning (in Brisbane Australia) and happened to see what looks exactly like this picture (the SA picture that isn't spiral shaped on page 6). It was brief, but much longer than a shooting star - it seemed to burst out of nowhere which was what drew my eye, and probably took about 2-3 seconds, travelling horizontally NW-SE (i believe - judging by where the sun usually appears). It was the same size as what is in this picture, if not bigger, but much brighter, and happened 'roughly' June/July 2008. I am not saying it was the same thing, but the resemblance is so remarkable that I felt the need to join to let you know
I also wonder, could the tornado have been caused by some reaction to whatever this was? It might explain the mist.....Cheers

[edit on 5-6-2010 by StephQ1]

[edit on 5-6-2010 by StephQ1]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ricwolt
I am not happy!
Although excited I am a bit P....off with this subject.

Why? may you ask.
Well as a person who is interested in UFO's ET etc as many ATS readers are, I automatically spend more time watching the sky than the average person I guess.
Recently I visted my brother who lives in Cairns(about 1000 miles from here) and while standing / sitting /walking outside I noticed him given the sky a lot of attention. (he is a ATS reader as well)
So, this morning I planned the take the bike for a ride around sunrise and had set my alarm for 5.30AM. I got up and went for a pee and decided to go a bit later as the temp was still rather cool at that time.
So... I went back to bed for another hour.
Hearing the news I could kick myself for having missed this opportunity.
I live on the top of a hill and have an almost 360 degree view and would surely have seen this.
however-such is life

On man, I don't blame ya for being peeved. Damn! But according to Tayesin .................

Originally posted by Tayesin
If this Falcon 9 was launched yesterday Aussie time, then what was seen this morning Aussie time can't be a Falcon 9 rocket misfiring after launch.

Does that make sense?

I don't know exactly what time the rocket launched though.

Is it possible for people so far away from each other to witness a low-earth orbit Fizzer when such a rocket/payload goes bang? Seems possible to me if that is what happened.

Is there info on what happened to this particular rocket after reaching low-earth orbit?

[edit on 5-6-2010 by Tayesin]

............................you didn't miss anything more than a rocket launch so.....let's ALL go back to sleep. Nothing to see here but swamp gas. Er.....I mean, rocket plumes! (and now we can see why cavemen were unable to convey what they saw back.)

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Does anyone else see the correlation between the spirals and project bluebeam?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Namaste1001
Does anyone else see the correlation between the spirals and project bluebeam?

No...

Why don't you lay it all out for us?

IRM

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Australia does have that weird pentagon shaped haarp though it's on the other side of the country.
en.wikipedia.org...

shape of the antennae

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
No need to panic guys... "apparently" it was a US rocket launch.....

au.news.yahoo.com...

SYDNEY, June 5, 2010 (AFP) - - A bright spiralling light, believed by astronomers to be a rocket launched from Cape Canaveral, was spotted in skies across Australia's east coast just before dawn Saturday, sparking a UFO frenzy. Described by some witnesses as a "lollipop-type swirl", the cloud of light was seen over the country's three easternmost provinces -- New South Wales, Queensland and the Australian Capital Territory -- shortly before sunrise. "It had a distinct bright centre, much like a bright star ... (with) trails spiralling and fattening out from it," Canberra resident James Butcher told broadcaster ABC of the spectacle, which he said lasted two or three minutes. Other witnesses likened the spectacular phenomenon, footage of which was quick to hit the Internet, to a "huge revolving moon" with a swirl in the middle, or an illuminated cloud moving high and fast above the horizon. "It certainly had that lollipop-type swirl ... but it was travelling low and fairly fast, and as it went past me and I looked up, it looked like a row of lights, maybe four lights," one Brisbane resident said. Astronomer Andrew Jacob, acting curator of the Sydney Observatory, said it was most likely SpaceX's Falcon 9 rocket, launched Friday from Cape Canaveral shortly before dawn broke over Australia. "It fits best, a rocket travelling overhead with something venting out of it, fuel venting out of the motor," Jacob told AFP. "The rocket's probably tumbling or spinning a little which creates a spiral effect, a little like water coming out of a hose when you spin it. That's the best explanation I have so far, probably the most likely one." The light was travelling the wrong way for it to be an astronomical phenomenon, and Jacob said he had ruled out other possibilities such as comets, a spotlight on cloud or reflection of the moon, or a meteor shower. He said the timing was right for the SpaceX rocket to have travelled over the Atlantic Ocean, Africa and the Indian Ocean and be in skies over Australia at the time the spiralling light was seen. The fact that it could be seen over such a broad area meant whatever caused the flare had to be very high in the atmosphere or in orbit above the Earth, Jacob added. "All the information points to this SpaceX rocket," he said. The launch of the privately owned Falcon 9 test rocket marked a milestone for the space industry in the race to develop commercial carriers capable of ferrying cargo and astronauts to the orbiting International Space Station.

and here I was getting excited about disclosure!!!!!

All I wonder now is where the next spiral will show, and what excuse will they use?!

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Well the Norway spiral was generated from a HARRP facility because the beam was traced back to its origin.

3.bp.blogspot.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Thanks Maybe..maybe not! That video looks like it's been Photoshopped. Are those clouds really in a perfect circular pattern like that?
Thanks for the link...

Peace

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
It's those damn Nazi Internationals, they're at it again

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Full_Vision

Hm, interresting. Given the fact that he also was in Oslo (Norway) the last time on of them spirals turned up, it was in the night before his Nobel prize award

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
double post, please delete

[edit on 5-6-2010 by Dynamitrios]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

I "confirmed" nothing. I said that the spiral was consistent with a spinning second stage after separation from the payload.

However, as you found out there was no separation in this case. There can be other causes of a roll. Apparently the Falcon 9 was having some problems with roll control.

By the time the second stage engine shut down, the roll was more rapid than is typically seen with large rockets.

Musk said the second stage rolled more than expected and that engineers would look into the issue to make sure it was not an indicator of a more serious problem. But he said the roll did not affect the rocket's overall performance.

m.news.com...

[edit on 6/5/2010 by Phage]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Could it be that these events, i.e. this spiral and the Norway spiral, occur at the same time as rocket launches for a reason?

Think about this. If our friends in these Unidentified Light Ships are intelligent, and how couldn't they be, then it would stand to reason that they would not immediately disclose themselves to us since they would know that it wouldn't likely have positive effects on our pyschi. In other words it would blow our minds and we probably wouldn't accept them as friends so quickly. After all humans are not the most rational of beings, even at the best of times. Therefore, a slow externalization would be the best. Slowly, after 50 or 60 years (thousands actually but for the most part in our recent times since we've developed nuclear weapons), they have been "showing" themselves as orbs and disks.

So now, in the last couple of years, we seem to be in a heightened phase of their externalization. More and more reports from all over the world are being made of strange lights in the sky. Could it be that events like Norway and this months spiral in Australia occur during a rocket launch for a reason? For those who absolutely cannot accept the possibility that we are not alone there is an Occam razor, that is, a plausible and simple explanation. But for others, these simple explanations don't add up. The Norway spiral investigation, for instance, showed many reasons why this couldn't have been a failed rocket attempt. And now this spiral, not produced by a failed rocket but by a natural spiraling out of a booster component (as if a booster had that much fuel left in it to produce such a spiral).

This explanation could also answer the mystery of the crop formations and why they are getting more and more sophisticated and complex over the years. It may not be that our friends are getting better at making them, it could be more a reason of a slow disclosure on their account. There's always the possibility that they are made by people, but the logistics of people producing these complex formations in the dark keep conspiracy sites like this up and running.

Anyways, these are my thoughts for the day. Any comments?

[edit on 5-6-2010 by Neo__]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I call BS on the rocket excuse.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neo__
Could it be that these events, i.e. this spiral and the Norway spiral, occur at the same time as rocket launches for a reason?

Think about this. If our friends in these Unidentified Light Ships are intelligent, and how couldn't they be, then it would stand to reason that they would not immediately disclose themselves to us since they would know that it wouldn't likely have positive effects on our pyschi. In other words it would blow our minds and we probably wouldn't accept them as friends so quickly. After all humans are not the most rational of beings, even at the best of times. Therefore, a slow externalization would be the best. Slowly, after 50 or 60 years (thousands actually but for the most part in our recent times since we've developed nuclear weapons), they have been "showing" themselves as orbs and disks.

So now, in the last couple of years, we seem to be in a heightened phase of their externalization. More and more reports from all over the world are being made of strange lights in the sky. Could it be that events like Norway and this months spiral in Australia occur during a rocket launch for a reason? For those who absolutely cannot accept the possibility that we are not alone there is an Occam razor, that is, a plausible and simple explanation. But for others, these simple explanations don't add up. The Norway spiral investigation, for instance, showed many reasons why this couldn't have been a failed rocket attempt. And now this spiral, not produced by a failed rocket but by a natural spiraling out of a booster component (as if a booster had that much fuel left in it to produce such a spiral).

This explanation could also answer the mystery of the crop formations and why they are getting more and more sophisticated and complex over the years. It may not be that our friends are getting better at making them, it could be more a reason of a slow disclosure on their account. There's always the possibility that they are made by people, but the logistics of people producing these complex formations in the dark keep conspiracy sites like this up and running.

Anyways, these are my thoughts for the day. Any comments?

[edit on 5-6-2010 by Neo__]

I think you're right on the money.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by LUXUS
Well the Norway spiral was generated from a HARRP facility because the beam was traced back to its origin.

3.bp.blogspot.com...

DENY IGNORANCE!
What beam was traced back to a HAARP facility? If you mean the blue plume then that was traced back to the White Sea. This was done right here on ATS.
And that circle over Russia is a fallstreak hole.

It saddens me how you people believe all kinds of insiders without doing any research of your own. Shows who the real sheep are..

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Do not carte what anywone has to say to. On the 4th it was my Birthday. I woke at i believe around 3am ish freaking out over I dream that I just had. I geton line tonight.. and well exactly what was in my deam. i told my sister about my dream on the night of the 4th.

I live by myself in a very remote location using batteries etc. In Western Australia.

The rocket was certainly a nuclear rocket. Without question. speechless at this time. I need to think some more. Thanks for listening

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
There is video footage of the SpaceX liftoff:

SpaceX Rocket Achieves Earth Orbit on First Flight

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neo__

Yes, the reason being that they are CAUSED by those rockets.

This thing over Australia was caused by the Falcon 9, like I was saying oh 14 pages ago (when few agreed). Now we have that confirmed in the media.

Some people won't ever believe these spirals are caused by rockets because they WANT TO BELIEVE something else. They will bypass logic, reason, and evidence to help keep their hopes alive.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
what if the spiral means just that, a spiral, that we are about go into. maybe its a warning. maybe either our economy is going into a spiral and it will get worse or our world.

now i don care what the ancients thought what a spiral meant cause my pinion is that going in circles is not really going forward not at the rate you would in a straight line anyway...

i would like our economy to go in a straight line and i would prefer our world not to go in some crazy spiral..

thats just what i think..

it sucks that we csnt get a solid answer on what is going on..

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join