It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Hybrid Animals!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Some amazing hybrids i thought i would share.
Visit the links on bottom for more animals and info.

Savannah = Serval + Domestic Cat

The Savannah Cat is created by breeding an African Wild Cat, called a Serval and a domestic cat, usually an exotic looking domestic cat such as a Bengal, Oriental Shorthair, Egyptian Mau, or a Serengeti's. The offspring created by this combination are large domestic.

Cama = Camel + Llama

This hybrid animal, the product of breeding a llama and a camel, has been the only creature of this kind since her birth in 1995. Camas are humpless and have the long fluffy coat of a llama. Their ears are half way in length between camels and llamas, but they have the strong, desert-ready legs of a camel.

Leopon = Leopard + Lion

The Leopon is the result of breeding a male leopard with a female lion. The head of the animal is similar to that of a lion while the rest of the body carries similarities to leopards. The first documented leopon was bred at Kolhapur, India in 1910.

Liger = Lion + Tiger

The liger is a hybrid cross between a male Panthera leo (lion), and a female Panthera tigris (Tiger) and is denoted scientifically as Panthera tigris × Panthera leo. A liger resembles a giant lion with diffused stripes. They are the largest cats in the world, although the Siberian Tiger is the largest pure sub-species. Like tigers, but unlike lions, ligers enjoy swimming. A similar hybrid, the offspring of a male tiger and a female lion is called a tigon.

Zebroid = Zebra + Equine

A zebroid (also zebra mule and zebrule) is the offspring of any cross between a zebra and any other equine: essentially, a zebra hybrid. In most cases, the sire is a zebra stallion. Offspring of a donkey sire and zebra mare, called a zebra hinny, do exist but are rare. Zebroids have been bred since the 19th century.The zebroid showed in the picture above, Eclyse, is a very unusual one, because of her coloring. With her über distinct makings, it's really hard not think she's a Photoshop mock-up.

Beefalo

Beefalo are the fertile offspring of domestic cattle and American bison. Crosses also exist between domestic cattle and European bison (zubrons) and yaks (yakows). The name given to beefalo might be the most suggestive, since the breed was purposely created to combine the best characteristics of both animals with an eye towards beef production. A USDA study showed that beefalo meat, like bison meat, tends to be lower in fat and cholesterol. They are also thought to produce less damage to range-land than cattle.

Link

Link 2

[edit on 4-6-2010 by pavelivanov22]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
If we can somehow make more beefalo's
there meat is healthier..i wonder how they taste like?

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
jackalope a cross between a jack rabbit and a antelope
www.jackalope.com...
Have seen these stuffed in country stores so I know its not photo shoped

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavelivanov22

They probably taste like chicken.

The most popular second line.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by pavelivanov22

Thank You, very interesting, some I have heard of before but some I have not. The pictures were great. I really liked the camel, llama cross.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxcalbier
jackalope a cross between a jack rabbit and a antelope
www.jackalope.com...
Have seen these stuffed in country stores so I know its not photo shoped

They're fake. en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
o brother I was waiting to see one of the great debunkers figer the jackolop isnt a real animal .
yes there fake and i was just adding something cool to this thread .
man so funny there fake lololololololol
hey alest you can go into a country store and see one of these that makes them alest slightly less fake then big foot

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Deb: What are you drawing?

Napoleon Dynamite: A liger.

Deb: What's a liger?

Napoleon Dynamite: It's pretty much my favorite animal. It's like a lion and a tiger mixed... bred for its skills in magic.

That was ALL I could think of when I saw this post!!!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by CUin2013?

Originally posted by pavelivanov22

They probably taste like chicken.

The most popular second line.

isn't it a bit like a cross between chicken and fish?

second most popular second line!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
There is a Walphin, cross between a dolphin and some sort of small whale. They said they were afraid it would be unable to communicate with either of it's parents, and I forget if it was able to do that. Maybe it had it's own language. But probably it adapted to be able to communicate on some level.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Some of those look photoshoped to me, expecially the cama.

Just my thought.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by CUin2013?

Mmm red chicken meat

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by xxcalbier

I can see you were waiting for a long time

new topics

top topics

join